The Low Information Voter

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Yesterday at the usual spot I encountered this issue again. A couple of guys who know in their hearts that Trump, not Hillary, was right were sounding off. I've fended off these two before many times so I could hardly resist yet again when one of them uttered some weak sauce about something or other and I responded with well what do you patriots think about Trump's call to get rid of the Constituition? Gotta say I was astonished by the response: Didn't know, doesn't watch any news.

Game, set, match. I suspect half of TFG's votes come from this sector. Another half likely come from the Christians who worship the one "true" God. The third half is the brighter ones.

One 3/2 sitting next to me asks what I think about Walker. I respond with I can't believe a smart guy like you, president of a regional company, would consider voting for a guy for the United States Senate who can't utter a complete sentence. Much hemming and hawing followed which slowed with an appeal to Walker's business acumen [it hurts to type it], running many businesses, and being a billionaire.

Stunning no?

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Stunning indeed. Media literacy takes work and some smarts, so I like to think it's mostly “Go Team" rather than ignorance about government function, a desire to 'burn the bitch down' to start fresh because 'government is bad', and bigotry.

Last edited:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Yesterday at the usual spot I encountered this issue again. A couple of guys who know in their hearts that Trump, not Hillary, was right were sounding off. I've fended off these two before many times so I could hardly resist yet again when one of them uttered some weak sauce about something or other and I responded with well what do you patriots think about Trump's call to get rid of the Constituition? Gotta say I was astonished by the response: Didn't know, doesn't watch any news.

Game, set, match. I suspect half of TFG's votes come from this sector.
It's been apparent for a long time that the primary info source for those kind of people is a bar stool.

It goes back at least to Reagan and his bullshit "Government is the problem" - appealing to the resentful ignorance of the bottom segment of society.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
This is what's wrong with one man one vote.
My sister, the 4.0 double major in three years does not believe some are qualified to vote.

I think people get it right. Trump was an anomaly. Hillary was a terrible politician.

I depend upon my neighbors, fellow drivers and the rest of the crew circling the sun to do the right ffing thing.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Somehow, despite the best efforts of the lower orders, one person, one vote seems to let us muddle along.

I have to admit though that a minimum IQ test has its appeal.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
My sister, the 4.0 double major in three years does not believe some are qualified to vote.
I agree. I'd prefer a poll quiz with 5 questions. That way, a person's vote would be counted by the number of correct responses to HS civics questions. I doubt the trailer trash would average 3/5s.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
dimwits (ala triple vag, or dogshit) are easily fooled by slight of hand and slight of mouth. How may times does the orange fucktard say "well, I didn't say that" and they believe him.......because he feeds them something else right in the same tweet or post so as to make the dimwit lose focus. Add CAPITOLS and words like RUSSIA RUSSIA and the dolts only see one thing.

meme3.jpg

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
dimwits (ala triple vag, or dogshit) are easily fooled by slight of hand and slight of mouth. How may times does the orange fucktard say "well, I didn't say that" and they believe him.......because he feeds them something else right in the same tweet or post so as to make the dimwit lose focus. Add CAPITOLS and words like RUSSIA RUSSIA and the dolts only see one thing.

View attachment 558222
A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump wrote in a post on the social network Truth Social

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
As lies go, the "irrefutably proven" is a whopper but it has to ring true to the low info types who think to themselves why would we let anyone lie like that to a national audience? We wouldn't.

But we do.