The Official Trash the Bounty thread . leave the Sandy thread for stor

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
I took a tour of the Bounty this summer..it was docked about 2 miles from my YC on the Hudson for a week...sad....glad to hear that the crew is safe but what a waste of work on the boat

Rail Meat

Super Anarchist
Mystic, CT
Its worse than that... they set sail from New London on October 25. At the time they shoved off the dock, Sandy was thrashing around off Miami and the path was well known. There is no reason in the world that they should have been out there.

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Saw her this summer up in Maine when we were sailing from Islesboro to Castine.

IMG_1060.jpg

squally

Why were they in the storms path anyway? They had a weeks notice to find safe harbor.
Yes but doesn't this re inforce your admiration to those seamen of a past era who, without the benefit of satellite weather, inherently knew when and where to avoid hurricane or typhoon seasons ? Still, all our hearts are with the Bounty crew and all you yachties in the path of this monstrous storm. Here in Asia with the excellent tv coverage, eathcam.com and this forum we are with you by the hour and our hearts are with y'all

Heriberto

Super Anarchist
Its worse than that... they set sail from New London on October 25. At the time they shoved off the dock, Sandy was thrashing around off Miami and the path was well known. There is no reason in the world that they should have been out there.
Heard about it this morning.

Why were they out there? My question too.