The recycling house of cards collapses.

mad

Super Anarchist
Well at least Australia is a big place, and not many people. Plenty of places to bury it, maybe start in filling the open cast mines. 

Might even be a new import market for you. 

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
Well at least Australia is a big place, and not many people. Plenty of places to bury it, maybe start in filling the open cast mines. 

Might even be a new import market for you. 
Yeah the truth about our recycling is coming out. Apart from a few minor products and some road base made out of old glass (which is very expensive), all we have been doing with it is sending it to china or storing it. So in reality we are not doing any recycling at all. The whole thing has just been a charade. Great pity really but just another example of lefty tokenism and political spin.

Good on the Ipswich council for telling it like it is. Half the problem would be solved if retards just stopped buying water in plastic bottles. What the fuck is wrong with the stuff that comes out of the taps?

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Speaking of retarded, the old 'making heads explode' is.  Recycling is difficult and we as a planet will be forced to do more of it as time goes by.  Sending it to China was recycling as they used the materials - for instance boxes from there tended to be yellow rather than brown since they were made with recycled paper products.  In a prior business we shipped containers of plastic there, mainly polycarbonates as well as corrugated and paper.  We save our paper and glass and I take it to a recycling center, the aluminum I take to a friend who is in the metals business. The biggest issue with recycling is the ignorance or apathy, the plastic grocery bags are collected but for the morons that leave the receipts in and mix in other shit it makes it worthless.  The choices are educate the populace in how to recycle or make products so expensive they are forced to pay someone to sort it.

It's the future, and LB your hard on for Random gets old. just saying. 

LB 15

Cunt
Speaking of retarded, the old 'making heads explode' is.  Recycling is difficult and we as a planet will be forced to do more of it as time goes by.  Sending it to China was recycling as they used the materials - for instance boxes from there tended to be yellow rather than brown since they were made with recycled paper products.  In a prior business we shipped containers of plastic there, mainly polycarbonates as well as corrugated and paper.  We save our paper and glass and I take it to a recycling center, the aluminum I take to a friend who is in the metals business. The biggest issue with recycling is the ignorance or apathy, the plastic grocery bags are collected but for the morons that leave the receipts in and mix in other shit it makes it worthless.  The choices are educate the populace in how to recycle or make products so expensive they are forced to pay someone to sort it.

It's the future, and LB your hard on for Random gets old. just saying. 
I agree completely recycling is the future and I take great care to sort our waste both commercialy and at home. My point is most of us Australian  consumers never knew this until the story broke. We all assumed that this was recycled domestically and now china don't want it we are fucked. You have to question how green it is for an oil burning ship to sail 1000's of miles to take this stuff to china. The Chinese are not recycling out of the goodness of their hearts - they are doing it because it is profitable.  As for Randumb we both enjoy bating each other - it's an Aussie thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
It isn't retarded enough for the suckers who consume the bottled stuff.
We do buy it for our punters when they request it but what I find heartening is most people under 20 who sail with me bring a water bottle and fill it from the boats tanks.

i do only buy the stuff that comes in recycled bottles when we need to.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
It isn't retarded enough for the suckers who consume the bottled stuff.
Your world is very small

half the coastal regions i work in have tap water that us unfit for human consumption .

Since it is not possible to constantly monitor health department notices , i avoid all tap water 

drink the tap water and you will become a statistic. 

IMG_8564.JPG

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
The best form of recycling is reuse.

Over the years I've  saved  hundreds of trees and off set my plane ticket prolly 10 times over.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
China recently changed their laws regarding the quality of imported recycling product.

There's much more to the story than lb's op suggests.....

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Your world is very small

half the coastal regions i work in have tap water that us unfit for human consumption .

Since it is not possible to constantly monitor health department notices , i avoid all tap water 

drink the tap water and you will become a statistic. 

View attachment 267641
Always the naysayer, there are of course some places on the planet where you shouldn't drink the tap water, hell there are some places that dont HAVE tap water. However, I don't think tourists go there much.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Heavy mineral content doesn't necessarily make water undrinkable.

Trouble is many places the water is not too tasty...turn it into beer.

Hell, americans have told me you can't drink london tap water and tell me with a straight face to boil water in Prague "to get rid of the radiation" 

Americans seem to have a thing about water.

Time for a reminder.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
Mineral content and observed high Gallstone prevalence in coastal regions. 

this costs the public health service billions 

you are welcome to drink tap water, but the locals are smarter than you 

And keep an eye out for little E Coli clinging to your ice cube 

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Always the naysayer, there are of course some places on the planet where you shouldn't drink the tap water, hell there are some places that dont HAVE tap water. However, I don't think tourists go there much.
Wrong. Try drinking the tap water in Jakarta, see how you get on. Hell, buy a Coke with ice in Pondok Indah Mall, see what happens. I made that mistake once.

But I suppose you're right in a way - I wasn't a tourist, I was getting paid to be there. Once the contract finished though, I left and never plan on returning.

FKT