The serious transgender bathroom issue discussion

G

The other side of the story.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/12/21/why-these-high-school-girls-dont-want-transgender-student-a-in-their-locker-room/

Although we will never fully understand your personal struggle, they said, addressing the transgender student, please understand that we, too, all are experiencing personal struggles that need to be respected.

What bothers me is the fact that this student is still anatomically a male, a 16-year-old sophomore told The Daily Signal on the condition of anonymity. If the student had already undergone surgical procedures, this would be another story entirely, but as it stands I just dont feel comfortable with it.

I know Student A poses no harm to me, but it just doesnt feel right knowing someone with male anatomy is in the bathroom with me, she said, adding:

I have nothing against Student A and would be her friend if I knew her better, but when it comes down to it, I dont feel right changing in the same room as a transgender student. The locker room is already filled with so much judgment, and I barely feel OK changing in front of my naturally born girl peers.
A third student, a 16-year-old sophomore, expressed frustration.

[W]e are supposed to accept this and feel like nothing really is happening, but the fact of the matter is that this did get pretty big and now we have someone with male genitals in our girls locker room when we are changing, she said.
What of their rights? What is their accommodation?
What do they want?That would be a great place to begin the discussion
Why don't you read the full article. It pretty clearly states what the other girls who complained want.

Last edited:

Dog

Super Anarchist
The other side of the story.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/12/21/why-these-high-school-girls-dont-want-transgender-student-a-in-their-locker-room/

Although we will never fully understand your personal struggle, they said, addressing the transgender student, please understand that we, too, all are experiencing personal struggles that need to be respected.

What bothers me is the fact that this student is still anatomically a male, a 16-year-old sophomore told The Daily Signal on the condition of anonymity. If the student had already undergone surgical procedures, this would be another story entirely, but as it stands I just dont feel comfortable with it.

I know Student A poses no harm to me, but it just doesnt feel right knowing someone with male anatomy is in the bathroom with me, she said, adding:

I have nothing against Student A and would be her friend if I knew her better, but when it comes down to it, I dont feel right changing in the same room as a transgender student. The locker room is already filled with so much judgment, and I barely feel OK changing in front of my naturally born girl peers.
A third student, a 16-year-old sophomore, expressed frustration.

[W]e are supposed to accept this and feel like nothing really is happening, but the fact of the matter is that this did get pretty big and now we have someone with male genitals in our girls locker room when we are changing, she said.
What of their rights? What is their accommodation?
What do they want?That would be a great place to begin the discussion
They want exactly what the transgender people want, to be comfortable in the bathroom, shower room, locker room.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Note:

The ruling says every individual gets to choose the boys' or girls' facility

It doesn't say anything about either facility being perfect

So

Equal accommodation for all probably always leaves some a bit less than happy

How far do we go with accommodating those who don't like the sight of others ?

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
And yet again, this is not about bathrooms. Its about showers and locker rooms where there is usually a common area where people dress and undress. That does not typically happen in "bathrooms" as we Americans use the term.
Indeed. As the article points out, attention didn't turn to that until there was a need to find a way to turn public opinion against non discrimination ordinances. Effective tactic.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
Question for the distinguished panel:

What would you think/do if you saw a kinda burly dude with facial hair go into the womens bathroom?

That's what it would look like if my brother in law used the bathroom that matches his body's plumbing.
OK, the distinguished panel had nothing to say in hundreds of posts so I'm going to open that one up to morons and gossips.
I have mentioned several times that I believe someone like your brother in law should use the men's restroom. For me at least, there is no question on that. Where I see potential problems is with folks who are early in their transition, and in common changing and showering facilities where the differing plumbing is bound to be a problem for others using the same facility, and in cases where creepers could use new policies as cover for doing creepy things.

Transitions are not binary events, and in areas reserved for women, this person would cause alarm for many people.

ap8801010581.jpg

While this person would not

635926237809402905-GTY-513085060-80104098.JPG

At the same time, in a common shower for women the person in the second pic might cause a stir because it would then be obvious that person has the plumbing of a man.

G

Note:

So

So what's your answer? Kick out the 10 girls from the locker room and tell them too fucking bad just so the one tranny can be happy?

The fact is the school bent over backward to accommodate the trans. They let him play on the girls sports teams, wear girl uniforms, refer to him with his new girl name and in all ways be treated as a girl. They then gave him a separate shower facility right next to the girls locker room and which had an entrance so he could then join the girls as they were headed onto the field. All they drew the line at for him was to say he could not undress and shower with the girls. But none of that was good enough because he didn't want to be treated differently and made to feel uncomfortable.

So no its reversed. The girls (more than one) are now uncomfortable with him in the room showering and undressing next to them. So the one person's "comfort" was more important than the other 10?

Sorry, this is totally fucked up. The school did everything right in a difficult situation to try to accommodate the one kid with issues. It was NOT like the 1960s where the colored kids were told to go to a different school.

I just don't see the logic here to force everyone to comply with one abnormal kid's discomfort when they are are now the ones who are being made to be singled out and not allowed to use the facilities that were designed for them in the first place. It just defies common sense.

What's the old saying..... "You can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time".

The only solution I see is either make ALL the restrooms, showers and lockers gender neutral or schools will have to build a separate facility for each special class of kid that has issues. By the time its over, we may be up to 6-9 different bathroom and locker classes for people to choose from.....

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
Note:

So

So what's your answer? Kick out the 10 girls from the locker room and tell them too fucking bad just so the one tranny can be happy?

The fact is the school bent over backward to accommodate the trans. They let him play on the girls sports teams, wear girl uniforms, refer to him with his new girl name and in all ways be treated as a girl. They then gave him a separate shower facility right next to the girls locker room and which had an entrance so he could then join the girls as they were headed onto the field. All they drew the line at for him was to say he could not undress and shower with the girls. But none of that was good enough because he didn't want to be treated differently and made to feel uncomfortable.

So no its reversed. The girls (more than one) are now uncomfortable with him in the room showering and undressing next to them. So the one person's "comfort" was more important than the other 10?

Sorry, this is totally fucked up. The school did everything right in a difficult situation to try to accommodate the one kid with issues. It was NOT like the 1960s where the colored kids were told to go to a different school.

I just don't see the logic here to force everyone to comply with one abnormal kid's discomfort when they are are now the ones who are being made to be singled out and not allowed to use the facilities that were designed for them in the first place. It just defies common sense.

What's the old saying..... "You can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time".

The only solution I see is either make ALL the restrooms, showers and lockers gender neutral or schools will have to build a separate facility for each special class of kid that has issues. By the time its over, we may be up to 6-9 different bathroom and locker classes for people to choose from.....
Separate in any way won't cut it. The only real long term solution is to eliminate common showering and changing areas, everything becomes gender neutral. I don't even know that it is a bad thing in the end, but it will be disruptive in the near and mid-term to schools and distract from their primary mission of educating our children. It would have been far better to have an open comment period, to integrate feedback from schools, and then set a policy and reasonable implementation timeline so schools could put the changes into effect with the minimal negative impact on educating possible. Instead we got a knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction and everyone seems to be more than willing to justify one because of the other. Childish politics.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Also, when that first kid who complains about the discomfirt steps up and asks for relief, I will be right there searching for a solution
Well, better start searching - because its already happened.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/05/04/50-families-sue-over-illinois-high-schools-transgender-bathroom-policy/

The school had granted Student A some accommodations, including changing the students name on official records, allowing the student on the girls sports teams, and granting the student access to the girls bathrooms. But District 211 drew the line at providing Student A unrestrained access to the girls locker rooms because of the privacy concerns of other girls using them. Instead, the school offered a private facility to Student A.
Now what, Gov? Are you and rzr and Sol going to continue saying this will never happen? Hate to say I told you so but I told you so.....
Meh. They'll figure it out.

G

Also, when that first kid who complains about the discomfirt steps up and asks for relief, I will be right there searching for a solution
Well, better start searching - because its already happened.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/05/04/50-families-sue-over-illinois-high-schools-transgender-bathroom-policy/

The school had granted Student A some accommodations, including changing the students name on official records, allowing the student on the girls sports teams, and granting the student access to the girls bathrooms. But District 211 drew the line at providing Student A unrestrained access to the girls locker rooms because of the privacy concerns of other girls using them. Instead, the school offered a private facility to Student A.
Now what, Gov? Are you and rzr and Sol going to continue saying this will never happen? Hate to say I told you so but I told you so.....
Meh. They'll figure it out.
That's fucking priceless! First it was "meh, it hasn't been a problem yet, let me know when someone complains and I'll give you my answer then". Now that someone has complained, the response is "Meh, I have nothing to say because I've been hoisted by my own petard".

YCMTSU!

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
What's friggin funny is the cons have gotten their collective panties in a bunch and forcing a nanny state to protect kids in bathrooms from a nonexistent threat.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
I have reached my limit on this discussion.

You guys can troll

Each other from here.

As I see it there was no real problem until folks worked very hard to make it an issue.

Most schools don't even have one trans girl and those that have had to deal with have done so for years.

One set of parents lawyered up for a different solution than that offered by the school's professionals.

One judge decided one trans girl kid needed to be treated as a.normsl girl

Society went into nuttzo crazies land

The little girl (boy?) has a penis.

It is a little dangly hunk of useless skin.

So fucking what if some other person sees it?!?!?

The way I see it, anybody who gives a flying fuck about that little person's weenie is a psycho.

If your daughters find it uncomfortable to be around a person because of a dangly hunk of skin, your daughters are looney.

So... Do I care about the girls who are upset by the presence of a or is in their locker room??

Yes

I am concerned they have been brainwashed by idiots to give a shit.

The accommodation is to teach the girls the penis is not threatening and just a piece of skin.

I don't feel comfortable getting undressed when there is a penis in the room

What the fuck did the girls do to learn that psychosis?

Don't tell me I already know

6000 years ago a fairy in the sky who had just created the first girl ever from a rib ripped out of the only existing guy told that girl not to eat any apples and the girl listened to a snake who told her to go ahead and chow down so now, generations later, weenies offend her??

No wonder

The girls are totally making sense

How about we pass out fig leaves for use in the shower?

Afraid to undress in front of boys.....

What shit!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
What's friggin funny is the cons have gotten their collective panties in a bunch and forcing a nanny state to protect kids in bathrooms from a nonexistent threat.
But it could happen.
But there is a threat of more and more fine line drawing and legislation in regard to individual beliefs that they are being discriminated against because they can't deal with their own problems.

I know it's good for billable hours but but all those transgender fellas should just put on their big girl panties and use the stall.

Anybody seen a dickcheck anywhere?