The serious transgender bathroom issue discussion

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
this thread is dead ended.

You either believe that a transgender person is really what they say they are - or you dont

canards about straight pervs taking advantage of a situation are just that, pervs, and should be treated accordingly.

Like the gays, if you know a transgender, or have met one or many, you'll be more compassionate.

If you think it's deviant or a sickness, you won't.

The US got along fine for a couple hundred years before TRANNY! became the latest outrage du jour. Like BENGHAZI and EBOLA! before it.

Hell - in some cultures, transgenders are celebrated - and the world doesn't end.

Teach your kids to be tolerant of diversity and go on with life. Or don't, and be bitter and outraged. Your choice.
How do you determine who is a perv and who is a genuine transgendered person? There is no test, there is no way to identify outside of the word of the person in question. It would certainly make the issue simpler if there were a simple and conclusive way to identify which is which, but there is not. Wishing there was, or pretending there is, is not going to change that.

Separately, I don't think telling the Hassidic woman she needs to be tolerant of diversity and accept the transgendered woman with a penis naked next to her while she is changing is going to fly. Of course we could just take all the religious people, round them up, and burn them at the stake. That will help diversity.
Why doesn't the mechanism that worked for millennia, work today?

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Flash - imagine if someone said that the ADA was a problem! Kids in a wheelchair have different needs, and those needs are accommodated.

Now - try responding to the delta between how the provisions of the ADA have been implemented, and what the parents of the Trans kids are asking for. I know ya can, and most likely without even having to think too hard about it.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist

You either believe that a transgender person is really what they say they are - or you dont

canards about straight pervs taking advantage of a situation are just that, pervs, and should be treated accordingly.

Like the gays, if you know a transgender, or have met one or many, you'll be more compassionate.

The US got along fine for a couple hundred years before TRANNY! became the latest outrage du jour. Like BENGHAZI and EBOLA! before it.

Hell - in some cultures, transgenders are celebrated - and the world doesn't end.

Teach your kids to be tolerant of diversity and go on with life. Or don't, and be bitter and outraged. Your choice.
How do you determine who is a perv and who is a genuine transgendered person? There is no test, there is no way to identify outside of the word of the person in question. It would certainly make the issue simpler if there were a simple and conclusive way to identify which is which, but there is not. Wishing there was, or pretending there is, is not going to change that.

Separately, I don't think telling the Hassidic woman she needs to be tolerant of diversity and accept the transgendered woman with a penis naked next to her while she is changing is going to fly. Of course we could just take all the religious people, round them up, and burn them at the stake. That will help diversity.
We have covered this a thousand times already. It doesn't work, because now there are laws. Once there are laws, they need to be uniformly applied. It doesn't matter whether we blame the state of NC or the LGBT community for it, there were laws coming from both sides, and those laws are what eliminated the ability for us a a society to simply let people who look like women use facilities that are for women, and to throw out the ones that don't. Those days are gone now, and it really does not matter who started it or who you want to blame. We now have a situation where there are laws and regulations that state it is discriminatory to do anything but accept a person's statement that they identify as one gender or the other.

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist
original.jpg

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Flash - imagine if someone said that the ADA was a problem! Kids in a wheelchair have different needs, and those needs are accommodated.

Now - try responding to the delta between how the provisions of the ADA have been implemented, and what the parents of the Trans kids are asking for. I know ya can, and most likely without even having to think too hard about it.
I think those parents asked for too much.that said, I don't think it needed to be dealt with nationally. I'm not a big fan of intrusive cultural govt edicts.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

We have covered this a thousand times already. It doesn't work, because now there are laws. Once there are laws, they need to be uniformly applied. It doesn't matter whether we blame the state of NC or the LGBT community for it, there were laws coming from both sides, and those laws are what eliminated the ability for us a a society to simply let people who look like women use facilities that are for women, and to throw out the ones that don't. Those days are gone now, and it really does not matter who started it or who you want to blame. We now have a situation where there are laws and regulations that state it is discriminatory to do anything but accept a person's statement that they identify as one gender or the other.
Well, yeah, now that we're forced into laws, it's gonna be messy because local control was yanked away. Of course, schools could decide not to take Fed dollars.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist

Well, yeah, now that we're forced into laws, it's gonna be messy because local control was yanked away. Of course, schools could decide not to take Fed dollars.
That has been my point from the beginning. It is too late now to go back to the past. The only path forward I see is one where eventually common showering and changing facilities are eliminated in favor of private ones, everything is gender neutral. The laws are here and will be expanded, that is assured. If the laws protecting transgendered people are rolled back, we will get news reports of someone, who has every appearance of being a woman, being attacked in a men's room, and we will continue to see reports of people who appear outwardly male who cause panic in women's rooms as the laws are expanded. The only path forward is gender neutral facilities with individual privacy while unclothed. As I said before, shovel ready project. Gonna be costly, but will keep the construction biz in work for a while.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

That has been my point from the beginning. It is too late now to go back to the past. The only path forward I see is one where eventually common showering and changing facilities are eliminated in favor of private ones, everything is gender neutral. The laws are here and will be expanded, that is assured. If the laws protecting transgendered people are rolled back, we will get news reports of someone, who has every appearance of being a woman, being attacked in a men's room, and we will continue to see reports of people who appear outwardly male who cause panic in women's rooms as the laws are expanded. The only path forward is gender neutral facilities with individual privacy while unclothed. As I said before, shovel ready project. Gonna be costly, but will keep the construction biz in work for a while.
The ADA approach. You might be right

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
W/R/T "the parents asked for too much" & "it should be handled locally" - I completely agree. I don't think that there's any benefit in ostracizing any segment of society. I also think that pretending that the differences that define those segments don't exist is harmful.

My constant, personal struggle is to accept and understand differences, and to distinguish between those differences/behaviors that are harmful, and those that would be simply "different", with the goal being to realize that "different=OK" "harmful != OK"

G

After doing some research, the law appears to be silent in most states on the question of whether its illegal for a man to use a woman's bathroom - with the exception of NC and a few other states that have recently enacted statutes to prohibit that practice. I would assume that also applies to locker rooms and shower/changing rooms.

As a result - Expect to see many more cases like this: http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/23/man-allowed-to-use-womens-locker-room-at-swimming-pool-without-citing-gender-identity/

According to Seattle Parks and Recreation, women alerted staff at Evans Pool staff when a man wearing swim trunks entered the womens locker room and took off his shirt.

When staff told him to leave, the man reportedly said the law has changed and I have a right to be here.

Employees told Seattles King 5 News the man didnt attempt to identify as female but cited a new Washington state rule allowing individuals to choose their bathroom based on their gender identity.

Police were not called to respond to the Feb. 8 incident, although the man returned to the locker room while young girls were changing for swimming practice, King 5 reported.
You can thank the LGBT community for making it perfectly fine for a man to shower and change with your little girls at the public swimming pool. Thank Obama too.....

Cool, I'm glad this is finally settled.
You absolutely can expect to see more of this, now. Was the man a member of the LGBT community?
Why, does the LGBT community enjoy special rights?
Why won't the nigras just sit in the back of the bus and shut up, Senator Thurmond, why must they demand special rights?
But see, that's where you fail. They weren't demanding "special"rights. They were demanding "equal"rights. Why doesn't a man have "equal" rights to shower with the wimin?

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
The locker room issue should absolutely be decided at the local level. It has been, but now it won't be. Thank NC for that. because now we will get a one size fits all decision.
You are incorrect. The federal courts ruled on this issue prior to NC.
Cite please.
Seriously? Where you been the past couple years?
Nice answer!!So you made it up!!

Just admit it.
No, dumbshit, I didn't make it up. If you don't know a federal court on this at a school level before NC you are ignorant regarding this issue.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
The agenda IMHO, is to force social acceptance of what I think is considered by many to be deviant behavior, and to force that acceptance thru legislation. (ie. expansion of protected classes to include behaviors, hate speech laws, etc).

Do what you want - that doesn't mean that anyone else should have to pretend to like or abide by that behavior.
Only fools consider the problem to be mental.The soul is the soul. The problem happens when the wrong body grows around that soul.

Any Trans girl or trans boy will tell you they are in therefore body.

It is no different than having birth marks, curly hair when you want straight hair, brunette when you want blonde, or being a dwarf when you want to play football.

The physiology is screwed up.

Nobody is suggesting sending boys into girls' showers. the Trans girls are girls, they just happen to have the wrong bodies.
The entire concept of gender evolves around the body. It's called TRANSgender because the body is in a state of forced change.

The agenda IMHO, is to force social acceptance of what I think is considered by many to be deviant behavior, and to force that acceptance thru legislation. (ie. expansion of protected classes to include behaviors, hate speech laws, etc).

Do what you want - that doesn't mean that anyone else should have to pretend to like or abide by that behavior.
Only fools consider the problem to be mental.The soul is the soul. The problem happens when the wrong body grows around that soul.

Any Trans girl or trans boy will tell you they are in therefore body.

It is no different than having birth marks, curly hair when you want straight hair, brunette when you want blonde, or being a dwarf when you want to play football.

The physiology is screwed up.

Nobody is suggesting sending boys into girls' showers. the Trans girls are girls, they just happen to have the wrong bodies.
The entire concept of gender evolves around the body. It's called TRANSgender because the body is in a state of forced change.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
YCMTSU

ACLU LEADER QUITS AFTER DAUGHTERS ENCOUNTER MEN IN THE WOMENS RESTROOM

private-a-minute-with-maya-dilla_810_500_55_s_c1.jpg

Maya Dillard Smith, interim director of the Georgia chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, has resigned over the ACLUs position on who can use which public restrooms. The resignation occurred after her two daughters were traumatized by encountering men in the womens restroom. Dillard Smith explained:

I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a womens restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered. My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer.
Dillard Smith complained that the ACLU has become a special interest organization that promotes not all, but certain progressive rights and that the hierarchy of rights the ACLU chooses to defend or ignore is based on who is funding the organizations lobbying activities. Further expressing her disillusionment, Dillard Smith stated:

I understood it to be the ACLUs goal to delicately balance competing rights to ensure that any infringements are narrowly tailored, that they do not create a hierarchy of rights, and that we are mindful of unintended consequences. I believe there are solutions that can provide accommodations for transgender people and balance the need to ensure women and girls are safe from those who might have malicious intent.

Unfortunately, as she has learned, Dillard Smiths view of the ACLU bears little relation to reality. The ACLUs goal like that of the LGBT movement is to shove a radical agenda down the throats of the American people, not to balance rights and find reasonable accommodations.

A transgender activist a biological male who goes by the name Cheryl Courtney-Evans responded to Dillard Smiths resignation by calling her lazy, ill-educated, and a bch who needs to sit down and STFU. No one who has seen LGBT activists in action will be surprised by this charming response.

Actually, Dillard Smith is well educated. She earned a degree in economics from Berkeley and a masters degree at Harvard.

Shes also a liberal Democrat. And until she resigned, she was one of the youngest ACLU directors in the nation and one of only three African-Americans employed by the ACLU in that role.

These days, one hears intelligent people assert that the culture war is over. It isnt, and wont be soon, because the left will keep looking for new cultural battlegrounds. Today, public restrooms; tomorrow, the world.
Good thing she resigned. Can't have someone who teaches their children to be bigoted racist haters.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Why, does the LGBT community enjoy special rights?
Why won't the nigras just sit in the back of the bus and shut up, Senator Thurmond, why must they demand special rights?
But see, that's where you fail. They weren't demanding "special"rights. They were demanding "equal"rights. Why doesn't a man have "equal" rights to shower with the wimin?
I think you quoted me by mistake. Dog was the one that suggested that they were enjoying special rights.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois

If it were truly legal to do what the fed is saying thered be no threat of withholding funds.

Dog

Super Anarchist
Is one more important than the other? If there is a conflict, what would Jesus say wins?
If an anorexic person who is just skin and bones and close to death thinks they are fat is it compassionate to accept their perception as reality?
Yes it is. Then offer them a sandwich. Its what Jesus would do.
Sounds like you don't believe the anorexic person is fat. Offering them food is so insensitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Is one more important than the other? If there is a conflict, what would Jesus say wins?
If an anorexic person who is just skin and bones and close to death thinks they are fat is it compassionate to accept their perception as reality?
Sounds like you don't believe the anorexic person is fat.
I accept the right of the soul to believe what they wish.

Dog

Super Anarchist
Sounds like you don't believe the anorexic person is fat.
I accept the right of the soul to believe what they wish.
But you don't believe their perception is their reality. The trans person is not what they perceive themselves to be either.

Last edited by a moderator: