The serious transgender bathroom issue discussion

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
@LenP - you see now why I stopped really bothering to seriously engage bent a while ago. He's kinda the "mike woofery-Lite".
I realized the futility when he started talking about empty bathrooms. I am sure he has some real strong feelings on programming languages and operating systems as well.

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
I realized the futility when he started talking about empty bathrooms.
I would have thought the futility kicked in when JBSF pointed out the dearth of legislation on the matter. You know, given the fact we're talking about the legality of who is allowed to use which public bathroom and not just who you'd want/expect to use them. That's the thing about the law, it has to actually prohibit something for it to be illegal. ;)

I am sure he has some real strong feelings on programming languages and operating systems as well.
Nope. Though it is fun to mock Happy's attempts to look clever whenever he starts talking about them. Would you like to try for another stereotype or is it just a "once a day habit" for you? :D

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
No, that would be you trying to play games with an example proving my point.

For the majority of the USA, legally speaking, it is legal to enter a bathroom of either gender "designation" regardless of your gender identity or gender "plumbing". I used the example of an empty bathroom to remove all the bullshit red herrings like Jeff's "dangling dicks" and your "any number of (unspecified) charges" nonsense. The crimes in both your scenarios apply regardless of the sign one the bathroom door. If a man can be charged for voyeurism in the female toilets - so too can the lesbian sitting their frigging herself watching your wife take off her top. If the man from Jeff's example goes about dangling his dick in the face of any young minor - he'll be charged with indecency regardless of their gender, regardless of the bathroom.

Not my fault your country didn't set up panty policing laws earlier. I just pointed out, and Jeff confirmed, that they missed that... and legally speaking, you have to prohibit the action before it's illegal. Kind of a foundation to the way the justice system works ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

poopie pants

Super Anarchist
the Bu
'I lost my virginity twice': Transgender man who was born a girl says his sex life is amazing after having a penis made out of skin from his FOREARM

• Jay Murray, 41, from Bournemouth was born a girl but 'always felt different'
  • Realised at 19 he was transgender but didn't transition until the age of 33
  • Had a hysterectomy, double mastectomy and a fake penis made
  • Says losing virginity again was scary but amazing...and he's still learning

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3627091/I-lost-virginity-twice-Transgender-man-born-girl-says-sex-life-amazing-having-penis-skin-FOREARM.html#ixzz4Ao6KUTIf

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Saw a guy walking in the direction of the women's restroom at the Lowes this morning. I was all set to hit him with a pipe wrench but he walked past and went in the facility marked men's

Last edited by a moderator:

nannygovtsucks

Super Anarchist
gun-rights-copy.jpg

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
Talking about your example is playing games now? Are you Trump's campaign adviser?
No, pretending that my point requires an empty bathroom is playing games. Focusing on the empty bathroom example rather than the legal principle it illustrates is playing games. Ignoring outright the fact that, as you brother in arms pointed out, the majority of the nation has no laws about entering a bathroom not matching your gender or even gender identity is playing games.

However, I'm happy to watch you play games because it's all you and Jeff have got on this subject. If you want to discuss social expectations, I'm more than happy to have that conversation. I think there is, like with most things, a good middle ground one can agree to on that matter. However, if you want to argue the legality of the issue - that's a less grey area. One must have a law on the books in order for an action to be illegal. Most of the US has no laws about the use of public bathrooms by specific genders - so it is not possible to break those non-existent laws.

Sucks for the panty police and their supporters. Gives the Republicans & their supporters an issue to GOTV this year given they lost on same sex marriage. More importantly, makes my point that it is not illegal to enter the majority of public facilities regardless of gender supported by the law as it stands today. Your game playing notwithstanding.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
Talking about your example is playing games now? Are you Trump's campaign adviser?
No, pretending that my point requires an empty bathroom is playing games. Focusing on the empty bathroom example rather than the legal principle it illustrates is playing games. Ignoring outright the fact that, as you brother in arms pointed out, the majority of the nation has no laws about entering a bathroom not matching your gender or even gender identity is playing games.

However, I'm happy to watch you play games because it's all you and Jeff have got on this subject. If you want to discuss social expectations, I'm more than happy to have that conversation. I think there is, like with most things, a good middle ground one can agree to on that matter. However, if you want to argue the legality of the issue - that's a less grey area. One must have a law on the books in order for an action to be illegal. Most of the US has no laws about the use of public bathrooms by specific genders - so it is not possible to break those non-existent laws.

Sucks for the panty police and their supporters. Gives the Republicans & their supporters an issue to GOTV this year given they lost on same sex marriage. More importantly, makes my point that it is not illegal to enter the majority of public facilities regardless of gender supported by the law as it stands today. Your game playing notwithstanding.
Good lord you are a pedantic argumentative little munchkin, aren't you?

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
Conservatives? I have been a registered Dem for the last quarter century. I have voted for every Dem presidential candidate since poppa Bush.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Conservatives? I have been a registered Dem for the last quarter century. I have voted for every Dem presidential candidate since poppa Bush.
That's why I said conservative and not republican. Conservatives like nanny government. Sometimes.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
I am not a conservative either. I am pro-choice, pro-gay marriage (before Obama and Clinton), in favor of drug legalization, in favor of environmental protections, in favor of graduated income taxes, in favor of universal healthcare, and lastly in favor of honesty in discussions. It is probably the last one you had trouble with.