The serious transgender bathroom issue discussion

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
it isn't about whether these need to go in slips or parking lots...

It is about people who think we need special

Laws all of a sudden to regulate them

amphibious-car-meet-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
That is a really poor analogy Gov. There are all sorts of laws regulating what type of vessel can be used on public waters and what type of equipment they need to carry. There are all sorts of laws which regulate what types of vehicles can be driven on public roads, what types of safety equipment they must have, and what are acceptable emissions they can have.

I don't think we really needed any laws on bathrooms and showers, however once the ball started rolling we can't go back. That means coming up with reasonable regulations that take into account the religious and moral beliefs of everyone along with protecting the civil rights of everyone. It is simply wrong to force a religious Muslim or Jewish or Christian or Atheist who believes that it is wrong to be undressed alongside someone with the anatomy of the opposite sex. Aside from the wrongness of now forcing those people to feel different and to suddenly be outsiders who can't use the same facilities as they previously had, the private facilities available which are typically staff facilities are simply not adequate to accommodate the newly disenfranchised, so you also have the logistical challenges faced by schools at a time when they are already facing enormous budgetary challenges. It would have been far better to have used this as an opportunity to reintroduce sanity and reasonableness to the national dialogue, to seek feedback from all those most affected including the school administrators who must sort out how to accommodate their student population in addition to trying to teach them with scarce resources, and to implement it with a timeline that is minimally disruptive to their core purpose of teaching kids.

These are not imagined unintended consequences, they are very real, and they are already being felt. We have not even begun a full school year with the new directive, and instead of focusing on improving the education our children are receiving, our school district is trying to sort out how to adhere to the new directive which puts the five transgendered students into the same showers as students who have the opposite anatomy without at the same time alienating the thousands of students who are uncomfortable with that, for whom doing so is immoral, and dealing with the inevitable cases where students who want to be disruptive will use this as a way to be disruptive. I would like to think we are not so divided that we can only see how something affects one group, or where we feel it incumbent upon us to reject any concerns of those we may not agree with, or to run to the furthest extremes to draw a contrast with those we don't like.

This is simply childish behavior writ large, and it does not bode well for our future that this is how every social and economic issue plays out today.

G

Its interesting that the landslide of discontent is already beginning in other states. Here is an article from a school in KY that decided to follow the Executive order:

DR. THOMAS ABERLI: (school principle) Something I struggled with originally was just understanding the difference between what it meant to discriminate vs. accommodate when it came to this issue. If any student said that they were uncomfortable with using a restroom, then they can choose an alternate restroom.

But we’re not to compel other people to act differently just because they make someone else feel uncomfortable. That is not what our country is about. That is not a right to privacy.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/as-transgender-teens-struggle-heres-how-one-kentucky-school-leads-the-way/#transcript
First of all, isn't the whole accommodation thing about allowing the trannies to use an alternate restroom? It was bad for the trans to have to do that, but now all the girls who don't want to shower next to a teen boy with a dick are now supposed to use "alternate facilities"? Something seems fundamentally unfair and wrong about that.

Secondly, this IS about a right to privacy. If there was no right to privacy, then bathrooms and lockers would not be segregated as it is. The issue at hand is going to be: Who's right to privacy will prevail?

Finally, I have a fundamental disagreement with the so-called impetus for the tranny's need to use the women's shower under the guise of, in the trans' own words from the article:

it makes you a target for bullying and, like, harassment. It puts it in everyone’s minds that you are different, and you are something to be looked at, not as, like, a person, but as whatever characteristic is differentiating you, like being trans.
All of you raise your hands who thinks that this kid, by virtue of showering with the girls instead of in a private faculty or alternate restroom, will suddenly be more accepted, not singled out, no longer bullied or harassed, or not seen as different in everyone's minds? Sorry, if anything, they are going to make it exponentially worse for themselves IMHO by shoving their non-normal condition down everyone's throats.

What about the geeky nerd who gets bullied in the boys room because he's small, weak and is an easy target and boys are just assholes? Do we accommodate his need to not get bullied and harassed by sending him to the girls shower too? That's a serious question. Where do we draw the line?

And if anyone thinks that girls don't also bully other girls in the bathroom too, then you don't know nuthin'. What is the school going to do when the trans gets beaten up in the girl's shower anyway by a bunch of girls who don't want a teen with a dick showering next to them?

Last edited:
G

A couple of other things that have not been discussed here yet are what about biological girls who ID as a guy? I'm sure they must exist. What happens when they openly ID as a guy but don't want to use the guys restroom because they are afraid of harassment from the boys? Do they still get to use the girls shower? If so, seems like a pretty fluid arrangement.

The other thing we have not talked about are the B's in LGBT? Do they get to use the shower depending on which way they swing that day? Yeah, yeah - I get that bi's are about sexual orientation and not gender. What about a Bisexual Transgender? What if that trans who is biologically male, but IDs as a female and is sexually attracted to girls? Again all here raise your hands if you would be comfortable having your daughter in the shower next to a teen boy with a dick who wants to fuck girls.

Nah, nothing could go wrong there.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
If you are a half decent parent the daughter has learned a long time before her reproductive system started functioning exactly hiw stupid it would be to start using it

G

If you are a half decent parent the daughter has learned a long time before her reproductive system started functioning exactly hiw stupid it would be to start using it

Can anyone translate this into Engrish? Snags, you around?

G

Bunyadi: London's first naked restaurant opens - here's what customers think about nude dining

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bunyadi-londons-first-naked-restaurant-8139015

And this is relevant to the topic, how? That's like saying that because there are nudist colonies and swingers clubs - that teen "boys" showering with teen girls is oakley-doakley.

But coink-idinkly, I'm flying into London tonight for the weekend. I have tix to see "The Book of Mormon" in the West End on friday. Maybe a late naked dinner after would be fun. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
G

Bunyadi: London's first naked restaurant opens - here's what customers think about nude dining

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bunyadi-londons-first-naked-restaurant-8139015

And this is relevant to the topic, why?

But coink-idinkly, I'm flying into London tonight for the weekend. I might have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.
Will you dangle your dick in the faces of children there?

Unlikely

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist

But coink-idinkly, I'm flying into London tonight for the weekend. I might have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Unlikely
Good, we know you think its fine to dangle in the face of boys but not girls.

G

Unlikely

Really? Where did you get that from?

G

You have said it was bad to dangle your dong in front of girls, but never responded to my question of whether it was equally bad to dangle in front of boys. Your lack of response indicates acceptance.

No it doesn't. I'm simply not going to be baited into one of your BS trolls. Go have your argument with Dabs if you want to have a troll fight.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist

You have said it was bad to dangle your dong in front of girls, but never responded to my question of whether it was equally bad to dangle in front of boys. Your lack of response indicates acceptance.

No it doesn't. I'm simply not going to be baited into one of your BS trolls. Go have your argument with Dabs if you want to have a troll fight.
Then we can only assume you support the dangle of dongs in the faces of boys. It would be so easy for you to say it isn't ok, but then your entire argument on dangling dongs goes down the shower drain. Can't have that can we?