The serious transgender bathroom issue discussion

tuk tuk Joe

Super Anarchist
SEA
gigglem.gif

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
The locals put the issue to bed - so they thought - when they voted against an ordinance to allow men to use the Ladies restroom. They were then blindsided by some new people seeking in and voting again. To put the ridiculousness to rest they went a little higher up the food chain so they wouldn't have to continue to worry about it every year or two.
Representative democracies work by voting out those with whom you disagree and in those with whom you agree on policy. The locals voted out councillors that voted against the ordinance and in councillors that supported it. As the locals were given months of notice on the ordinance, they were not blind-sided by the issue - they simply lost as a result of democratic action at work. All of which you'd know if you took the time to even read the local reporting on the matter.

It was only when the locals didn't get what they wanted from the democratic process that they went higher up the food chain looking for some big government, panty police who have no problems stomping on local democracy in their pursuit of nanny government control over the populace. They found such people in the Republican State Legislature. They promptly turned a local issue into a statewide & (from media exposure) then national one.

It's funny how big government is a bad thing right up until the right-wingers can't deal with some small part of their country differing with them on sexual morality :rolleyes:

What is considered lewd can vary based on what is reasonably considered normal socially accepted conduct. Can it be legal for one male to conduct specific act or acts which would be considered illegal for another male?
Your question is too vague. The answer is "yes" because one male (a police officer) can indeed perform a specific act or acts which would be considered illegal for another male (a civilian). However, as demonstrated with the example, it doesn't sort things out one way or the other regarding whether lewd behaviour as defined under the law can discriminate based on gender.

If a man's behaviour is lewd in front of another man, it is lewd in front of a woman and vice versa. People may take different levels of offence at the act, but the perpetrator is equally culpable under the law regardless of the witness' gender.

If a man's behaviour in front of a minor is lewd, the same behaviour from a woman in front of a minor is also lewd. They are again equally culpable under the law for the act regardless of their gender.

Go ahead, read the law. You'll see no "Get Out of Jail Free" card for being one gender or the other. It is gender neutral, providing equal protection under the law for & from both genders from the prohibited behaviour, as required by the Fourteenth Amendment.
They went to the state level to put an end to the minority lbgt drive to allow men in the ladies room which was against the law. They just wanted it to remain against the law.

Kind of like when your kids ask you something and you say no. They keep asking. When you've had enough of the bs you put an end to it.

Bent Sailor

Super Anarchist
Lake Macquarie
They went to the state level to put an end to the minority lbgt drive to allow men in the ladies room which was against the law. They just wanted it to remain against the law.
They went to the state level because they couldn't stand the local majority vote going against them. Found themselves some big government types in the state legislature more than happy to prove the Republicans are the party of those that want a nanny government in control.

Always good to see which group of people prefer big government telling them what to do. Can't trust local democracy, got to go as high up the government chain as needed to enforce your personal morality on those that disagree with you, eh, Rockdog? So the fact that the federal government is stepping in should be just fine with you right? :rolleyes:

Kind of like when your kids ask you something and you say no. They keep asking. When you've had enough of the bs you put an end to it.
Nothing at all like that. My family is not a democracy. I wasn't voted in to represent anyone's interests and I cannot be voted out should they dislike the policies I support in my household.

If you can be voted out of your position as head of the household, I am beginning to understand your desire for big government types telling your family what to do.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
they can sacrifice their lives for you - but god forbid they pee in their chosen toilet.

Speaking at a Pentagon press conference, Carter said, "Our mission is to defend this country, and we don't want barriers unrelated to a person's qualification to serve preventing us from recruiting or retaining the soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine who can best accomplish the mission."

Under the new policy, by Oct. 1, transgender troops should be able to receive medical care and begin formally changing their gender identifications in the Pentagon's personnel system.

And a year from now, he said, the military services will begin allowing transgender individuals to enlist, as long as they meet the required standards and have been stable in their identified gender for 18 months.

Pinocchio

Anarchist
JBSF...

in a all my years I have never been offended by a lesbian in a bathroom, homosexual in a bathroom, a bisexual in a bathroom, a transgender in a bathroom. I've probably seen it and I hadn't given it much more than 5 minutes thought and then I would have concluded that they needed to piss, shit and shower like everybody else.

Just grow up.

Prudishness is overrated.

G

JBSF...

in a all my years I have never been offended by a lesbian in a bathroom, homosexual in a bathroom, a bisexual in a bathroom, a transgender in a bathroom. I've probably seen it and I hadn't given it much more than 5 minutes thought and then I would have concluded that they needed to piss, shit and shower like everybody else.

Just grow up.

Lighten up, Francis

Pinocchio

Anarchist
JBSF...

Just grow up.

Lighten up, Francis
Sure, OK.

but 14 pages of this crap is prudish.

Millions spent on a Senate court case on whether Lewinsky sucked Clinton's dick (for another 10 bucks I'll tell you she banged him stupid on the oval office desk) .

The point is that conservatives here are prudish and whilst this thread is 14 fucking pages long, a thread on Lewinsky/Clinton's fucking would be 1114 pages long.

Prudishfuckingness

G

JBSF...

Just grow up.

Lighten up, Francis
Sure, OK.

Millions spent on a Senate court case on whether Lewinsky sucked Clinton's dick (for another 10 bucks I'll tell you she banged him stupid on the oval office desk) .

The point is that conservatives here are prudish and whilst this thread is 14 fucking pages long, a thread on Lewinsky/Clinton's fucking would be 1114 pages long.

Prudishfuckingness

You must have me confused with someone else. I am as far from being a prude as it gets. I could give two shits who is peeing next to me. I've very comfortably used co-ed bathrooms and showers and not blinked an eye.

My issue is that young children should not be forced into being naked in a common changing area/shower room. Like it or not, there are perverts out there who will take advantage of a situation and could do real harm to a little girl (or boy). If the law opens it up for trans to use the girls public shower, then any man legally will be able to use that shower. You can't discriminate once you go down that path. I have no issue whatsoever with the whole trans thing..... its the real unintended consequences that are not being considered here in this rush to be so all inclusive.

Pinnochio - are you ok with your young daughter showering next to a naked 50 yr old hairy dude in the public shower at your sailing club?

Pinocchio

Anarchist
JBSF...

Just grow up.

Lighten up, Francis
Sure, OK.

Prudishfuckingness

You must have me confused with someone else. I am as far from being a prude as it gets. I could give two shits who is peeing next to me. I've very comfortably used co-ed bathrooms and showers and not blinked an eye.

My issue is that young children should not be forced into being naked in a common changing area/shower room. Like it or not, there are perverts out there who will take advantage of a situation and could do real harm to a little girl (or boy). If the law opens it up for trans to use the girls public shower, then any man legally will be able to use that shower. You can't discriminate once you go down that path. I have no issue whatsoever with the whole trans thing..... its the real unintended consequences that are not being considered here in this rush to be so all inclusive.

Pinnochio - are you ok with your young daughter showering next to a naked 50 yr old hairy dude in the public shower at your sailing club?
See… there you go.

My daughter tells me (right now in fact) that she has never had a shower in a common shower area like some men's bathrooms. School, university and her local surf club all have lockable cubicles. She's 20 and she reckons it's a non issue. Typically she is looking at me like I'm prudish… fer fuck's sake, I only asked for your sake.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
JBSF...

Just grow up.

How did you feel about when you were a 13 year old girl?

G

JBSF...

Just grow up.

Lighten up, Francis
Sure, OK.

Prudishfuckingness

See… there you go.

My daughter tells me (right now in fact) that she has never had a shower in a common shower area like some men's bathrooms. School, university and her local surf club all have lockable cubicles. She's 20 and she reckons it's a non issue. Typically she is looking at me like I'm prudish… fer fuck's sake, I only asked for your sake.

I'm fine with that. Is that true also (Lockable cubicles) for when you're getting dressed for after the shower? Or is it a common open changing area?

Last edited:

Pinocchio

Anarchist
JBSF...

Just grow up.

How did you feel about when you were a 13 year old girl?
You are pre-occupied. Cree-pee as JBSF would say.

It's a non issue. You are trying to conjure up a terrible societal problem, where there is none, to justify your prejudices against the LGBT community like they somehow occupy the bottom end of morality.

Show me some rich conservative people and I'll show you just as much dysfunction.

Pinocchio

Anarchist
Sure, OK.

Prudishfuckingness

See… there you go.

I'm fine with that. Is that true also (Lockable cubicles) for when you're getting dressed for after the shower? Or is it a common open changing area?
No the cubicle contains a curtain, seat and clothes hook as well.