The serious transgender bathroom issue discussion

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Serious question. Do you think that transgender kids (in school or anywhere else) are a new phenomenon?
Define new? There were none that I was aware of when I went to HS school in the early 80s. I'm sure there are some now. I still think its likely a very small %. I'm not sure how's that relevant to my original question though. Are you suggesting that its common place and acceptable for an adult trans with a penis to be toweling his balls off in front of a young girl in the sailing club changing room?

Why are you and others avoiding the question?
Because it's a stupid question. the rarity of the event makes it so. the only people for who the question is relevant is to the IMAGINE! crowd.

They've answered. "The world will end as we know it." Again.

Me: "ZFG"

G

Can't stand to face the possibility that I may be right. Your silence on answering the question speaks fucking volumes!

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Serious question. Do you think that transgender kids (in school or anywhere else) are a new phenomenon?
Define new? There were none that I was aware of when I went to HS school in the early 80s. I'm sure there are some now. I still think its likely a very small %. I'm not sure how's that relevant to my original question though. Are you suggesting that its common place and acceptable for an adult trans with a penis to be toweling his balls off in front of a young girl in the sailing club changing room?

How many times do you need me to answer it before you win a prize? Can I just repeat it in the same post so that you get me to answer it enough times?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Sorry, but I am confused on a basic issue.

How is seeing a penis going to hurt young girls? If there is inappropriate contact, I'd be furious, but there is way too much internet access for the sight of a penis on a person who self identifies as female to cause injury.

Unless your daughter has been locked away without a phone or Internet all her life, it seems like much ado about nada. If you have a religious exception, I guess that would qualify, but I'm not sure which way the courts would rule.

I think many people are just intolerant of alternative lifestyles, and this is the issue du jour to get them excited to watch FOX and vote Republican. If bathrooms get you out to the polls, then their focus groups have worked.
So in your view separating the sexes is pointless. Should we just have one big facility and everyone showers together?
It seems like that is where we end up at some point if the argument becomes separate but equal facilities is unacceptable. We won't end up with some convoluted set of unenforcable rules that try to define what makes one a true transgender who can use the showers and locker rooms of people with differing anatomy. It would of necessity be that anyone can use any facility, which will likely mean that the use of common showers and changing areas will greatly diminish over time. I don't think it is the end of the world, we would adjust, but I think it is silly to think that people are bigots or neanderthals for not being comfortable with the idea of a grown adult anatomical male showering next to a thirteen year old girl. We have cultural norms that have existed for centuries, which are at one level or another part of nearly every major religion. Modesty when in the presence of members of the opposite sex is the norm for religious people, for religious Jews and Muslims it means not showing arms and legs, Christians can show a bit more, but full nudity is generally frowned upon. Are all the Muslims, Jews, and Christians ignorant bigoted neanderthals? I don't think so.
I really don't see this slippery slope you guys think we're on.

Sorry Jeff, there's no answer to your question as it's a ridiculous question.

If there was a transgender at my YC, and given mine is in Nor Cal I would say the "risk" is highest here, I'd deal with it on a case basis.

It's frankly stupid to react as if there's an onslaught of Trans people out there dangling frank and beans in front of little girls.

I thought this was the serious thread?

Serious is: Is it ok for a state to remove court access for a group of people bases on no evidence of any of the feared behavior?
Its absolutely NOT a ridiculous question. I'm not making this shit up about the facilities and the crowded nature of the changing rooms. Ask derek grebe if you don't believe me. I'm simply saying that currently, adult women and young girls as young as 5-6 are drying off after showering in pretty close quarters. Same with the men's shower facilities. Add a transgender male into the women's shower room. Are you fucking OK with that? Its a simple yes or no question. And again, I'm not talking about the shemale dick-slapping the little girls. I'm talking about absolutely normal behavior of being naked in front of strangers. I don't care if you are the girlyest girls with a girl dick and girl balls - those are going to be on show at some point as you are wiping them off after being in the shower. Especially in a humid climate like this.

Calling it a re-dickulous question is a cop out to avoid answering it.
Nope - it's a BS question to get the mouth breathers all up in arms. If it ever happens, I'll deal with it. The nuance of the situation would likely be very subtle. Who's the girl? Do I know the girl? Has there ever been an issue with that girl? What do my kids think? Are there ways my YC could deal with it (Yes, we have 2 ladies bathrooms, one for the women with stalls, one for the juniors with shared space) etc. etc. etc.

G

How many times do you need me to answer it before you win a prize? Can I just repeat it in the same post so that you get me to answer it enough times?
But you haven't answered it. You dodge into the "worst case assault" BS. You know damn well that's not what I'm talking about.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

But you haven't answered it. You dodge into the "worst case assault" BS. You know damn well that's not what I'm talking about.
It's simple really, let the local groups deal with it. Now, if you need a law out in the desert cause there are a bunch of she-males, I'm sure they'll deal with it in a nice, progressive way. Maybe beheading?

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
Can't stand to face the possibility that I may be right. Your silence on answering the question speaks fucking volumes!
I can't answer you until you provide clarification to your query. I need to know if you find it equally disturbing to have a man wave his twig and berries in front of a boy.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
I can't answer you until you provide clarification to your query. I need to know if you find it equally disturbing to have a man wave his twig and berries in front of a boy.
I apologize Jeff, I know its a sensitive subject for you.

Here is my response to your question.

If the drying of genitalia is done in front of the girl in a manner that would not offend me if it were done in front of a boy, I'm OK with it. That's as direct of an answer I can give you.

I don't prescribe to the notion that the sight of genitalia is damaging to either sexes.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth

Forget about the assault. Your worst case scenario is girl ween flopping around in the locker room. I would not be comfortable with my kid seeing that, as I have repeatedly said.
Now. How many times has that circumstance come to pass?

Do transgender people choose to be that way?

G

If the drying of genitalia is done in front of the girl in a manner that would not offend me if it were done in front of a boy, I'm OK with it. That's as direct of an answer I can give you.

I don't prescribe to the notion that the sight of genitalia is damaging to either sexes.
See, how hard was that to give a straight answer? Thanks.

But I didn't ask if YOU would be offended. I asked if it was in front of your young daughter, would you have a problem with it as a parent? If your answer is the same, then fine.

Do you even have a daughter, btw?

Last edited:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

But I didn't ask if YOU would be offended. I asked if it was in front of your young daughter, would you have a problem with it as a parent? If your answer is the same, then fine.

I have 2, and "It Depends"

but the likelihood of me having to deal with that is on par with me winning the Lotto and signing you up to be the driver of my AC catamaran.

edit: Jeff, your chain has been yanked, and yanked hard, by the Daily Outrage Machine

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist

Yes I have one. If the event was as you described and the tranny was swinging his dick in my daughters face, I'd have a problem with it, just as I would if he was swinging his dick in my son's face. No more, no less. You seem to be ok with one and not the other. That tells me you might like having a dick in your face.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
Jeffy, Jeffy, Jeffy, Jeffy, Jeff.

Your post are inane as someone else's.

Put your fear aside and understand this first concept, there is a huge difference between gender and sexuality.
I am well aware of the difference. But what you wake up one day and feel your gender is that day should in no way impact my privacy or my daughter's privacy to not shower in a shower room full of tranny dicks. If its important enough to feel the need to shower in the women's locker room, go have your cock removed. Simple as that.
And here yiu show your ignorance.
Trans isn't some impulse you decide on for the day like adoing a splash of color to your outfit with your scarf.
How does one determine a naked male in the locker room is a trans vs. A non trans?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Why are you so enamored by it?

Your fascination is creepy.

Fascist/Fascination

Same root word? Interesting.

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
I didn't see in the Bill of Rights the right to shower only with your own sex. Did they miss that?
I also don't see in the bill of rights to right to shower with members of the opposite sex if it makes them uncomfortable.

I actually look forward to the day if this kind of shit becomes the norm, i.e. the liberals force this shit on the schools - that the HS football jocks all decide to go shower in the girls locker room with the cheerleaders because they woke up that morning and felt their identity for that day was female. But then of course on Friday they decided to be make for the big football game. Hey if gender identity is that fluid and we have to accommodate everything, I say fucking go for it boys!
Its not that fluid, and you're coming across like a bigoted ignoramus in this discussion.
There is a reason the suicide rate among transsexuals is so high. And it's NOT because the can't make up their mind what gender they are. They know.

Quit pretending this is an issue of straight boys pretending to be girls or about sexuality or sex url orientation.

A trans-woman; a genetic male who gender identifies as female, is no more risk to a girl in the bathroom as a lesbian.

This is a non issue; trans people (quit using 'tranny' too, it's the wrong word. A transvestite is NOT a transsexual) have been using the bathrooms the ID with for years.

It's only recently that bigots lost the gay marriage battle and religious nutters that list the abortion battle (but are winning it back slowly via unconstitutional legislative subversion) deciDed to make another wedge issue to get the haters out to vote.

Don't fall for their bullshit.
Have trans boys been using girls locker rooms and showers at schools for years? I've only heard of one.

Spatial Ed

Super Anarchist
How does one determine a naked male in the locker room is a trans vs. A non trans?
They tuck their package between their butt cheeks.

200_s.gif

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
There is no issue of discrimination involved here. Everyone can potty. It's just you use the facilities which corresponds to your equipment. I don't see a problem with that.
That's because you never saw a potty law you didn't like. Always advocating for government solutions to non problems. That's the Nanny way.
It actually became a problem when the government got involved in the first place (forcing school aged girls to take their clothes off with a boy in their locker room).