"The Sparkle Pony Princess"?

Vogel515

Boston
Sparkle Pony in Boston is pretty awesome....
411107_10150820619687077_223919849_o.jpg

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
GO Scot T!!!

I love the boat....I just don't think I can scream "go get em' Sparkle Pony Princess" with a straight face or even yell that out. May just have to whisper it...

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
So, a 7,3,DNS scoreline in a 9-boat section ? Looks like he was figuring things out then the wheels fell off - should make for a good story.

I wonder if the U-20 is his new ride or just a temporary place-holder. If the former, it's an interesting downsizing move - and entirely understandable - having raced my own 30-footer for15 years I found myself enjoying the 21-footer i picked up much more than I expected.

GO Scot T!!!

I love the boat....I just don't think I can scream "go get em' Sparkle Pony Princess" with a straight face or even yell that out. May just have to whisper it...
GO Scot T!!!

I tried whispering it but when I got to the "Y" in Pony, I started gagging.

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
the name is a spoof of princess sparkle pony, the nickname given most fittingly to the laughingly awful danica patrick. this regatta will go down as incomplete for us. i got a text friday am from k-lo saying he had the flu. i scrambled and got a last-minute replacement for the day (thanks sami!). good breeze in race one found us a bit lucky to be in fourth at the first weather mark, but we had trouble getting the kite up, were dfl, and managed to pass 2 boats to finish seventh, an inaspicious debut. we won the start of race two, were second for most of it, finished third. not bad. problem was i had to get my kids at 5 pm and it was already after 3, so i had to bail on race #3. as a divorced dad, the kids take a priority when it comes to time spent with them. thought i could thread the needle friday, but could not.

it is now sat am and k-lo is still sick and i cannot get a 3rd crew to replace him so we are unable to finish the regatta, which sucks. big thanks to the u20 guys who helped us get the boat for the race and apologies for not being out there but sometimes shit just happens. it is a cool little boat - we had a lot to learn to be able to get in front and stay there.

as for downsizing, that is indeed what we are doing next as i have a new shaw 650 being finished right now. it should be here in time for us to do the ditch run, which ought to be a blast. we are planing on doing the high sierra regatta as well. time for a bit of a change and go do a few things that we haven't done before in what ought to be one bitchin little boat.

ed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
the name is a spoof of princess sparkle pony, the nickname given most fittingly to the laughingly awful danica patrick. this regatta will go down as incomplete for us. i got a text friday am from k-lo saying he had the flu. i scrambled and got a last-minute replacement for the day (thanks sami!). good breeze in race one found us a bit lucky to be in fourth at the first weather mark, but we had trouble getting the kite up, were dfl, and managed to pass 2 boats to finish seventh, an inaspicious debut. we won the start of race two, were second for most of it, finished third. not bad. problem was i had to get my kids at 5 pm and it was already after 3, so i had to bail on race #3. as a divorced dad, the kids take a priority when it comes to time spent with them. thought i could thread the needle friday, but could not.

it is now sat am and k-lo is still sick and i cannot get a 3rd crew to replace him so we are unable to finish the regatta, which sucks. big thanks to the u20 guys who helped us get the boat for the race and apologies for not being out there but sometimes shit just happens. it is a cool little boat - we had a lot to learn to be able to get in front and stay there.

as for downsizing, that is indeed what we are doing next as i have a new shaw 650 being finished right now. it should be here in time for us to do the ditch run, which ought to be a blast. we are planing on doing the high sierra regatta as well. time for a bit of a change and go do a few things that we haven't done before in what ought to be one bitchin little boat.

ed out.
Double Handed ??

Take the Kidz out for a Race and Have a Good Time = Win - Win :)

I'll be shooting SoBay tomorrow after shooting Both outside tracks today B)

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast

ed out.
...good on'ya for having the priorities straight,,,sometimes not easy,,but very worthwhile!

....I could see the shaw being a fun downsize,,,,but is it down-budget much??? :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
yeah couch, i've raced enough for 10 life times so missing a few isn't going to kill me. would like to have finished the series and feel bad for the u20 guys that we didn't. being with my boys is what matters and so that's what i did. they will race with me on the shaw on occasion and that will be fun. am doing a promotional deal on the shaw so hopefully it should work out for everyone!

Latest posts