The Swedish Experiment

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
I love this reply:  'I don't believe the CDC, Stanford Medical School, USC Medical Center or really any peer reviewed preprint in Europe.'

Can I ask a question?  Are you this upset about Malaria deaths every year too?

Or no, just this ?
No lying cunts about Covid upset me more.

So Blatant I said:  'I don't believe the CDC, Stanford Medical School, USC Medical Center or really any peer  reviewed preprint in Europe.'

I said that really??? You are now a poor, ignorant, pathetic, dangerous, lying repetitively cunt.

You must have a really long business card.

You selected 3 studies at the low end of the range and ignored another 30 or so, many far more detailed, less qualified and more highly regarded than your selection. 

Last edited by a moderator:

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
*shrug* 
So Blatant everytime you open your mouth, put pen to paper or finger to keyboard and repetitively lie your guts out, you automatically do a "shrug" thing.

What sort of precautions do you take to stop your head falling off and eyes rolling out?

giphy_(22).gif

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Can I ask a question?  Are you this upset about Malaria deaths every year too?
Or no, just this?

How many Swedes caught malaria in Sweden and died last year?

How many doctors, nurses and other hospital workers caught malaria off their patients and died of it in Sweden?
"Are you this upset about Malaria deaths every year too. Or no just this"

The Question should NOT be binary for any normal person. Every death is upsetting.

So Blatant that makes you abnormal. It also indicates you are dumb as fuck going places where you don't know the proper answer. Except of course the bullshit one floating around in the large empty place between your years where the journey for a thought to cross, is a long, dry and torturous one.

So what is the cases and death comparison of Malaria and Coronavirus. How many of the world's 195 countries don't have/have Coronavirus and or Malaria?  The answer will surely determine the risks and societal impacts of both including economically.

According to the latest WHO World Malaria Report, December 2019, there were 228 million cases of malaria in 2018 and malaria deaths stood at 405,000 in 2018. That is a CFR around <0.02% where normal caveats apply.

This compares to Coronavirus Stats of 9,044,563 Cases and 470,665 deaths or a CFR around 5% where normal caveats apply. "Excess mortality" the number of deaths are estimated at least one fifth higher.  

So after 6 months Coronavirus has generated approx at least one fifth more deaths than malaria in a year which could amortize out at years end to be one-third to half higher and as of today a Case Fatality Rate 250 times greater than Malaria.

As to global distribution of the two diseases.

According to WHO World Malaria Report, December 2019 the African region was home to 93% of malaria cases and 94% of malaria deaths.

According to WHO countries that have achieved at least 3 consecutive years of zero indigenous cases and eligible for a WHO certification of malaria-free status number number approx 40 and those never existed over 60, leaving around 90 having it at some point in the last 3 years. 

Covid free apparently only 12* counties out of 195 not including Antarctica don't have it   

1. North Korea.

2. Turkmenistan

3. Solomon Islands 

4. Vanuatu 

5. Samoa

6. Kiribati 

7. Federated States of Micronesia

8. Tonga

9. Marshall Islands 

10. Palau 

11. Tuvalu 

12. Nauru 

* self-declared so some scepticism among observers and professionals incl WHO.

Observations.

- With exception of Nth Korea and Turkmenistan all are in Oceania, some of the least visited places on the planet and easy to quarantine. In fact have experience in doing so to protect a resident population more at risk from common diseases.

- Nth Korea is a difficult one to call as a more secretive state doesn't exist BUT their border control very strict and they border two countries with minute cases per head of population, China and and Sth Korea.

- Turkmenistan Central Asia bordered by Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Iran, and Afghanistan - all countries with reports of coronavirus infections. Closed borders early and hard but sounds very dodgy for country of 6 million.

Conclusion

So well over half the world by country count and MORE than 90% by population is MALARIA FREE, and 93/94% of all malaria cases and deaths are in a portion of ONE continent. Whereas Coronavirus is truly GLOBAL impacting every corner of the earth, kills around one-third to half MORE people and is 250 times MORE deadly than malaria.

That enormous differential obviously underwrites the global response and it's intensity to Coronavirus compared to malaria.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
According to the latest WHO World Malaria Report, December 2019, there were 228 million cases of malaria in 2018 and malaria deaths stood at 405,000 in 2018. That is a CFR around <0.02% where normal caveats apply.

This compares to todays Coronavirus Stats of 9,044,563 Cases and 470,665 deaths or a CFR around 5% where normal caveats apply. "Excess mortality" the number of deaths are estimated at least one fifth higher.  

So after 6 months Coronavirus has generated approx at least one fifth more deaths than malaria in a year which could amortize out at years end to be one-third to half higher and as of today a Case Fatality Rate 250 times greater than Malaria.
PS I  forgot to add Influenza where according to WHO say 290,000 to 650,000 respiratory deaths annually and obviously more global than malaria and coverage closer to Coronavirus.

As a comparison according to CDC  US Influenza deaths are around 35,000 annually, but that has been known to nearly double in a very bad year.

Even with Coronavirus suppression measures undertaken, US Coronavirus deaths this year are antipipated to be 3 - 6 times that of influenza depending on the comparative year.

America is getting a taste of what it like to be an African country dealing with malaria, but with something far more deadly on a case by case basis.

In so far as other comparisons to recent individual causes of death over time are concerned, it looks like wars are about the only thing left.

Global Deaths per Week

20200509_WOC412 (2).png

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
Interesting that Sweden doesn’t seem to have reported any data for days (based on worldometer).  Have they succeeded in beating the Virus or is no-one left to report?

BlatantEcho

Super Anarchist
There were 273 deaths in the US yesterday with covid present.
US 7 day average fatality rate is down 73% from April.

~7600 people die each day in the US, normally.
So yesterday, the people who died with CV present, represented 3.5% of all deaths for the day.
(ie, 96.5% of people who died yesterday, died unrelated to coronavirus)

Forrest and trees gang.

Sources: 
https://techstartups.com/2020/06/21/contrary-media-reports-u-s-coronavirus-daily-deaths-drop-267-lowest-since-march-23/
https://reason.com/2020/06/22/daily-covid-19-deaths-have-fallen-dramatically-since-april/

MRS OCTOPUS

Anarchist
AUSTRALIA
There were 273 deaths in the US yesterday with covid present.
US 7 day average fatality rate is down 73% from April.

~7600 people die each day in the US, normally.
So yesterday, the people who died with CV present, represented 3.5% of all deaths for the day.
(ie, 96.5% of people who died yesterday, died unrelated to coronavirus)

Forrest and trees gang.

Sources: 
https://techstartups.com/2020/06/21/contrary-media-reports-u-s-coronavirus-daily-deaths-drop-267-lowest-since-march-23/
https://reason.com/2020/06/22/daily-covid-19-deaths-have-fallen-dramatically-since-april/
May I just take this opportunity to say "thank you Mr Echo for providing so much entertainment". You have got  the monkeys dancing as fast as you can grind. Well done Bruce.

BlatantEcho

Super Anarchist
Thanks boss. You are welcome! 

It is endlessly fascinating to watch the tizzy people chose to work themselves into online isn't it?

Frogman56

Anarchist
Sydney
Perspective from OZ...

As of of 22 June, the lucky country is a way down the unlocking pathway, plus/minus some stupidity from a couple of state premiers.

The big numbers in round figures are:

Percentage of population exposed: Estimate 0.4 percent, so about 100,000

Total recognised cases: 7,500

Deaths: 100

Currently in icu: 2

Deaths of healthy persons under 60: zero

For some perspective, the excess mortality from the two month bushfire episode over xmas was around 600!

Certain politicians seem to have a great deal of difficulty with the idea that elimination is impossible, and that we are in for the long haul of suppression and management.

The international borders will reopen very slowly, but at least the PM and most of the Federal body politic are disposed toward that.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Forrest and trees gang.

May I just take this opportunity to say "thank you Mr Echo for providing so much entertainment". You have got  the monkeys dancing as fast as you can grind. Well done Bruce.

Thanks boss. You are welcome! 

It is endlessly fascinating to watch the tizzy people chose to work themselves into online isn't it?
This will be fun working out which one is Mummy and which one Daddy.

Why is it that people refuse to accept this as not good?  Kind of a never ending cherry picking of facts and stats to bolster the idea that it's all just a ruse?  How can it be argued current statistics in anyway reflect life as normal with most of the globe in some sort of lockdown over the last two months.  I would have thought New York, Italy and Sweden compared to NZ Aus and South Korea might have sprinkled a small amount of sanity around.

Ncik

Super Anarchist
Why is it that people refuse to accept this as not good?  Kind of a never ending cherry picking of facts and stats to bolster the idea that it's all just a ruse?  How can it be argued current statistics in anyway reflect life as normal with most of the globe in some sort of lockdown over the last two months.  I would have thought New York, Italy and Sweden compared to NZ Aus and South Korea might have sprinkled a small amount of sanity around.
Some people see what they want to see, evidence or otherwise.

jack_sparrow

Super Anarchist
Two exhibits:

Headlines from NZ.. Virus Eliminated...Oops!

And inferentially...

Queensland Premier and Chief Health officer
It is long and torturous road between what is actually thought, actually said, actually done and actually reported. I wouldn't be putting too much stock in anyone believing in elimination despite what is written.