The Third Booster Shot Debate - Are U going to get the booster?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Got two letters for us saying we can now book our boosters..

Went online to do so..

we were offered jabs at sites which according to them just 41 miles away....

Only it's not...

They're 241 miles away...
Normal for Norfolk?

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
15 days since my wife and I got our Pfizer booster shots.  Despite being fully vaccinated I’m still socially isolating except for short trips to the yacht club.  There I’m masked and I still wash my hands far more regularly than pre-COVID.  If nothing else, all these precautions should lessen the likelihood of getting the flu or a cold that lasts all Winter.

Varan

Super Anarchist
3rd dose this am.  Arm hurt a bit.  Now…… how to put it?  I feel like one of those scientists in a 50’s sci fi movie who ingests his own chemical stew, and starts turning into… something….not…..quite…..human…… :lol: .  if only I could take this like McGoohan takes things going fubar in Danger Man, which we are binge watching, but no, this is more like Altered States, ‘The Hulk’, a speedy ‘Flowers for Algernon’, ‘Ant Man’, or maybe James Mason in ‘Larger Than Life’..  My wife said if we need to do this every 6 months, we could at least get God like complete immunity out of it.  Even a minor Greek deity would be ok, like the bastard son or daughter of Apollo.  But no, we are restless spirits posting & tweeting into a breathless am.  This would have been better last night, when 4” of rain was beating the hell out of our metal roof and siding, trees whipping all around and falling down. (Why do we have a keel stepped mast, anyway?) Better emotional tableau at least… and we still need to wear our ASTM 3’s.  Oh joy.

Get your booster!
Got my 1/2 dose Moderna booster 9 hours ago. Zero side effects so far. Should be good to go for the upcoming holidays.

A

Amati

15 days since my wife and I got our Pfizer booster shots.  Despite being fully vaccinated I’m still socially isolating except for short trips to the yacht club.  There I’m masked and I still wash my hands far more regularly than pre-COVID.  If nothing else, all these precautions should lessen the likelihood of getting the flu or a cold that lasts all Winter.
We also wear ASTM 2 or 3 masks outside if there are people around, during cold weather, and n95s indoors.  Not a big deal.  

animeproblem

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Had go to a little clinic close to my place (cut the crap out of my left knee with the worlds most dangerous angle grinder) & was a bit dumbfounded by the gal doing the wound cleaning when she said she's already had a booster & she is 10 years younger than me.

Still, November would be the sixth month since full protection by the initial 2 pfizer doses I had so I am willing to wait a little longer, do want to have the old immune system up to max for Easter/SakuraCon.

I did however get a bright shiny new tetanus jab!

Al Paca

Super Anarchist
El Lay
Inquired at my local pharmacy late last week about the getting the booster.  Girl said waiting for a “go” from Cent Comm. 

Metrognome

Since my first was unfortunately the J&J, yes, I got the Moderna booster at the end of October.  No side effects other than a sore arm for a week.  Glad to be at greatly reduced risk for serious illness or being a carrier, as I'm traveling for work quite a bit recently.

accnick

Super Anarchist
Inquired at my local pharmacy late last week about the getting the booster.  Girl said waiting for a “go” from Cent Comm. 
Based on what has happened in the last 24 hours or so, you would think the "go" command would now have been issued.

Presuming Ed

Super Anarchist
London, UK
Ok, so just an anecdote, and the plural of anecdote isn’t data, but 8 months post booster, and antibodies of this chap are still off the charts. 

I got boosted yesterday. Moderna on top of AZ original jabs. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Kate short for Bob

Super Anarchist
Ok, so just an anecdote, and the plural of anecdote isn’t data, but 8 months post booster, and antibodies of this chap are still off the charts. 

Seems a bit pointless when your test result for the detection of spike protein antibodies says:

"It is yet undetermined what level of antibody to SARS-COV-2 spike protein correlates to immunity against symptomatic SARS-COV-2 disease."

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
isnt that a bit like wanting to know exactly how much your insurance policy will pay out on every item you have .. then refusing to get it because they wont guarantee it

Kate short for Bob

Super Anarchist
isnt that a bit like wanting to know exactly how much your insurance policy will pay out on every item you have .. then refusing to get it because they wont guarantee it
Shop around.  At least you know with the insurance policy there are black and white terms and conditions on what you can and can't get.  Assuming of course you read the fine print.

Seems the goal posts are moving if in fact there are any defined.

weightless

Super Anarchist

Dunno if that's of much significance. I gather that antibody levels are one of those things where a useful signal can be found in a large population but not at the individual level. According to the CDC antibody tests should not be used to assess immunity to COVID.

It feels like a gamble on the basis of a series of WAGs to me, but now that I qualify I'll be boosting my Pfizer -- probably with another of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Shop around.  At least you know with the insurance policy there are black and white terms and conditions on what you can and can't get.  Assuming of course you read the fine print.

Seems the goal posts are moving if in fact there are any defined.
Ah, so you're shopping around for other plagues to avoid, and that's your reason for not avoiding this one?

Yeah, that's real smart.

- DSK

Kate short for Bob

Super Anarchist
Ah, so you're shopping around for other plagues to avoid, and that's your reason for not avoiding this one?

Yeah, that's real smart.

- DSK
Perhaps the poster who chose the insurance analogy chose a poor one.  But then instead of shopping around for plagues perhaps it would be better to shop around for vaccines!

Varan

Super Anarchist
Weird... I live in the middle of nowhere, 1/2 drive anywhere, gasoline, groceries, vaccines, whatever. Our closest drug store, aka pharmacy, offers Moderna on Tuesdays, Pfizer on Wednesdays,  J&J on Thursdays, 10am until 2pm. First shot, second, booster, no matter, as long as you are 18+ or accompanied by an adult. 

Problem we have is finding people willing to take the shot. Made me feel real guilty getting a booster when on other parts of earth are seeking whatever vaccine they can get their arms in, or maybe the other way around.