The Third Booster Shot Debate - Are U going to get the booster?

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Of course I understand that populations are heterogeneous and statistical comparisons need to be adjusted to compare apples with apples e.g. age stratification.

You infer you don't care who gets vaccinated yet the majority of your posts are attacks on those who haven't.
Majority of my posts are attacks on those who haven't? You really suck at statistics if you get that basic shit wrong.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
I passed University stats. Perhaps you should widen and or refresh your reading of the science and latest stats.

Of course I understand that populations are heterogeneous and statistical comparisons need to be adjusted to compare apples with apples e.g. age stratification.

Check out the big brain on Brett!

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Have you not had Covid-19 yet? I see Pzifer have made a record profit. So much for saving the world at cost.
I've been able to avoid. As have my 2 kids. The wife just had her first infection but given the vaccines, it was a minor irritant for her.

Quickstep192

Anarchist
Chesapeake
I got both initial vaccines and one of the two boosters. Right before I was to get the second booster, I got COVID. They told me to wait 90 days after recovery to get second booster. That 90 days passed shortly ago. I’m assuming I can’t get the second booster and then get the new booster a month later.

At this point, would I be best served to get the second booster now, or wait for the new booster?

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Quit being so Grumpy ya fat fucker and stop trying to dictate what I can and can't write. In other words get a life.
Replying to a week old post doesn't help but I suppose you have to defend your buds - is he Sneezy or Dopey?

Last edited:

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
Quit being so Grumpy ya fat fucker and stop trying to dictate what I can and can't write. In other words get a life.
Replying to a week old post doesn't help but I suppose you have to defend your buds - is he Sneezy or Dopey?
You're being stupid. Give it a rest.

JBTW, I'm 6' and 155, far from a fat fuck.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
I got both initial vaccines and one of the two boosters. Right before I was to get the second booster, I got COVID. They told me to wait 90 days after recovery to get second booster. That 90 days passed shortly ago. I’m assuming I can’t get the second booster and then get the new booster a month later.

At this point, would I be best served to get the second booster now, or wait for the new booster?
Ask your doctor.

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Mr Clew is all hot to get the new bivalent booster, but I have questions.

1) Any evidence about mixing rather than matching? Even in mice? We have had 4 Moderna shots. Last in April 2022. Pfizer or Moderna or no difference or flip a coin no one knows? TV doc says mix it up.
2) How long will the protection last before it wanes 50%? Even in mice?
3) If #2 is 6 months or less, will they let you get another?

We never have had covid thanks probably to N95s worn indoors among strangers. I would rather wait until a month before we travel to Hawaii or soomewhere rather than get it now and waste it around where we live.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Mr Clew is all hot to get the new bivalent booster, but I have questions.

1) Any evidence about mixing rather than matching? Even in mice? We have had 4 Moderna shots. Last in April 2022. Pfizer or Moderna or no difference or flip a coin no one knows? TV doc says mix it up.
2) How long will the protection last before it wanes 50%? Even in mice?
3) If #2 is 6 months or less, will they let you get another?

We never have had covid thanks probably to N95s worn indoors among strangers. I would rather wait until a month before we travel to Hawaii or soomewhere rather than get it now and waste it around where we live.
My Doc said mix. 1st (2 dose) and 1st booster were pfizer, 2nd booster was moderna
no ideas on the rest

Of the 4 of us, only the wife has had Covid, likely picked it up in Hawaii at the parties for the PacCup. She has the same vaccination history as me.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
What Raz'r said - our local guru agrees but says whatever is available - we are both going to get the new booster as it's designed to address the new mutations. No covid for either of us but I just got back from a trip and she goes to the great white north next week so wearing mask with the few others who do. We have both had all 4 moderna, plan on late Sept or early Oct for #5. I haven't seen much data as to how much or if any real benefit to mixing. Can't hurt, might help.

Chief Stipe

What Raz'r said - our local guru agrees but says whatever is available - we are both going to get the new booster as it's designed to address the new mutations. No covid for either of us but I just got back from a trip and she goes to the great white north next week so wearing mask with the few others who do. We have both had all 4 moderna, plan on late Sept or early Oct for #5. I haven't seen much data as to how much or if any real benefit to mixing. Can't hurt, might help.
Has it been tested?

Chief Stipe

More than the flu vaccine has - did you know none of the flu ones are tested on humans? Of course not since you are a brain dead conspiracy spouting fukwad.
That's not true. Some are tested on humans some aren't. It depends on the FDA licence. However ALL are tested for their effectiveness.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
That's not true. Some are tested on humans some aren't. It depends on the FDA licence. However ALL are tested for their effectiveness.
If you bothered to do even a teeny weenie search you wouldn't be the ignorant fukwit here. But you have proven yourself beyond a reasonable doubt.

How are new flu vaccines tested?

CDC collects blood samples from people of all age groups and from different geographic areas both before and after flu vaccination. Laboratory tests including the hemagglutination inhibition assay (HI test)and microneutralization assay, are commonly used for serology testing.Mar 11, 2022