The Third Booster Shot Debate - Are U going to get the booster?

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
What Raz'r said - our local guru agrees but says whatever is available - we are both going to get the new booster as it's designed to address the new mutations. No covid for either of us but I just got back from a trip and she goes to the great white north next week so wearing mask with the few others who do. We have both had all 4 moderna, plan on late Sept or early Oct for #5. I haven't seen much data as to how much or if any real benefit to mixing. Can't hurt, might help.
A fifth? I've had three and that's about it for me.
At what point do you stop - 6, 7, 8, 9?

Seems to have become more about capitalism and continued return on investment than health.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
A fifth? I've had three and that's about it for me.
At what point do you stop - 6, 7, 8, 9?

Seems to have become more about capitalism and continued return on investment than health.
Do you get a flu shot? Every year? I didn't until I got the flu 2 years in a row so am up to 8 or 10 now. The new booster is targeted at the new variants since this virus mutates much faster than others including the flu. Glad you got 3 and you are most likely good to go, I am older, my better half has health issues so it's as much for her as me.

If everyone had gotten vaxxed early on the virus wouldn't have such an easy time for hosts to mutate with. Some good news, a vaccine developed in the TX med center has done very well in India and now being introduced to Africa and other less developed areas. Here is a good piece from NPR on it https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...ent-covid-vaccine-touted-as-a-global-game-cha

And that one is patent free, cheap to make and distribute, it just didn't have the backing and influence that Moderna and Pfizer had when this started. Over 90k Texans died, over 1 million in the US so no I don't think it's about capitalism and return on investment. There are many times that many people who have long term effects and I don't begrudge my tax $$ for this.

LionessRacing

Super Anarchist
Myrtle Beach,
Those who want to trust the CDC, WHO, & DNC are welcome to get jabbed, wear masks in their cars and define their pronouns. It‘s still near enough to a free country, unless you are in Canada, the other commonwealth nations or most of the rest of the G-20 where the liberties have been surrendered. knock yourselves out.

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Well, I prefer 2 of those to Tucker the Fucker, Dr Ooze, and that crowd. Hey, whatever happened to Dr. Atlas?
Got an appointment for later in the month, will see how it goes.
The Democrats are a crappy party. Circular firing squad indeed. But the GOP is full of roaches and won't call the exterminator.

Those who want to trust the CDC, WHO, & DNC are welcome to get jabbed, wear masks in their cars and define their pronouns. It‘s still near enough to a free country, unless you are in Canada, the other commonwealth nations or most of the rest of the G-20 where the liberties have been surrendered. knock yourselves out.
I think you're holding the 2021 Human Freedom Index upside down.

pdqsailor1

Toronto
For those of you who are vaccinated, what do you think?

Are you going to take the booster shot?

Obviously there has been no trial on effect of the booster shot. Pfizer has indicated that it thinks the vaccine starts to fade around 4-6 months. CDC has pushed back on that saying insufficient evidence.

Im not sure how they conduct a meaningful trial. In theory they would need to take a very large sample of people, giving half the placebo and half a booster shot and see how the numbers hold up vs Delta variant, but they would need to do that very soon.

I never got a certificate due to poor record keeping by hospital so Im thinking about the booster.
Third shot? I have been vaccinated FOUR times and if the fifth shot should become available ... I am getting one.. Its very simple - being fully vaccinated essentially mitigates the likelihood of severe illness from the disease.. Does it preclude getting it? No... Does it preclude severe illness? Yes rather dramatically... for so long as this disease continues I will do everything I can to minimize my risks of getting it... that is what responsible people do and how they act..

bibs

Eastern USA
Yes.

I am a physician with significant involvement in all things Covid and Epidemiology while consulting Employer groups and Industry on employee health and safety.

The science and evaluation of vaccine efficacy and safety is not something general public is familiar with, and I’m not going to go into it, but I will say that the mRNA technology has proven itself without any doubt as being the safest ever developed whole the technology, which is not a new technology at all, has incredibly important future applications for all sorts of applications.

The scientific community is solidly behind vaccination and after all , they are the smart people in the room.

Anything else is just noise

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
I often wonder if the anti-vax folks wear seatbelts when traveling in motor vehicles, knowing full well --- as I'm sure they do --- that a tiny fraction of seatbelt wearers get hurt by the seatbelt when involved in a crash.

ConradGordon

Banned
Yes.

I am a physician with significant involvement in all things Covid and Epidemiology while consulting Employer groups and Industry on employee health and safety.

The science and evaluation of vaccine efficacy and safety is not something general public is familiar with, and I’m not going to go into it, but I will say that the mRNA technology has proven itself without any doubt as being the safest ever developed whole the technology, which is not a new technology at all, has incredibly important future applications for all sorts of applications.

The scientific community is solidly behind vaccination and after all , they are the smart people in the room.

You are an idiot. I can post over a hundred studies showing harm from the "vaccinations." Here's just one: https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/an-epidemic-of-the-vaccinated

ConradGordon

Banned
Yes.

Here's another you may have missed: https://ijvtpr.com/index.php/IJVTPR/article/view/23/51

Glenoid

This is a sailing-oriented website, no? I dunno: you could post a similar question on FOX or Brietbart, or the CDC and probably get different answers.

All I've learned over these 70 years is that Darwin works on weekends, too. Well, I'll ask my next door neighbor, Alison, who is a Principle Investigator on several peer-reviewed papers within COVID pandemic research and is an Assistant Professor at UW Medicine, arguably one of the strongest infectious disease programs in the country, but I'm pretty certain what she would say.

Sailing site, right? How about a discussion about optimization of foil sections for a given expected wind range in the next AC series? Bet against Darwin at your own risk. Good luck is good. Gleno

Latest posts