The Third Booster Shot Debate - Are U going to get the booster?

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
The cognitive dissonance on this thread is amazing! All you folks who took the clot shots and the boosters- good luck! Your immune systems will never be the same. Excess mortality is the fact that can't be ignored- lots of people dying all over the world. They even have a clever name for it- "Sudden Death Syndrome." Catchy, isn't it? Never took the shot, never will, feel sorry for the uninformed sheep who did. Bye!
The collection of words you cited is from an obscure conspiracy website called Great Game India, not a scientific journal despite calling themselves a journal and adopting a sciency-looking logo. They were an early promoter of the theory that the coronavirus was engineered. Amazingly, the article links back to itself rather than the 'major Japanese medical bulletin' they say they cite for the article. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
This one is interesting. It cites an actual scientific journal article, but it's a crappy scientific journal article --- and it's observational rather than experimental --- done by authors who aren't especially expert and stated that they have conflicts of interest.

I especially like these conflict statements:

Lucy Kerr is a paid consultant for Vitamedic, an ivermectin manufacturer, and Médicos Pela Vida (MPV), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. [NOTE: Médicos Pela Vida (MPV) also discourages COVID-19 vaccination.]

Flavio A. Cadegiani has performed paid consulting work for Vitamedic, an ivermectin manufacturer.

Pierre Kory receives fees from COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. [NOTE: FLCCC also discourages COVID-19 vaccination.]

Juan J. Chamie-Quintero is a paid contributor for the COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. [NOTE: FLCCC also discourages COVID-19 vaccination.]

Pretty funny and telling that in the comments section of the journal's web site, Flavio got into shit fights with anonymous commenters.

It seems there is a lot of agreement that Strongyloidiasis (a disease caused by a nematode) is prevalent in Brazil where they got the data to analyze, and that using Ivermectin to treat people with that and other parasites could improve their general health enough to also improve their COVID-19 outcomes. So ya, if you are riddled with parasites please do get yourself treated with Ivermectin under medical supervision.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
And so this one time at band camp.............. We are both getting the next booster because it prevents serious illness and almost guarantees no long covid effects if we are infected. 20% of the unvaxxed suffer from some long term effects, about 100x more than those who get the shots.

If someone refuses the vaccine all I ask is they stay away. I am not their mother. Not happy as they as part of the problem however when the clowns come out and screech of the evils of the vaccine then I have a big problem as for whatever reason they have decided to convince others to follow them. I believe there is actually a name for behavior like this.

edit: I see this latest sock is now banned so expect a new one to pop up soon. It is good to know there are Mods here and there is a line drawn for irresponsible behavior and posting.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
And so this one time at band camp.............. We are both getting the next booster because it prevents serious illness and almost guarantees no long covid effects if we are infected. 20% of the unvaxxed suffer from some long term effects, about 100x more than those who get the shots.

If someone refuses the vaccine all I ask is they stay away. I am not their mother. Not happy as they as part of the problem however when the clowns come out and screech of the evils of the vaccine then I have a big problem as for whatever reason they have decided to convince others to follow them. I believe there is actually a name for behavior like this.

edit: I see this latest sock is now banned so expect a new one to pop up soon. It is good to know there are Mods here and there is a line drawn for irresponsible behavior and posting.
agreed.

My wife and I are quickly heading to our '60s, and I have a bit of a pre-existing condition that makes me susceptible to some of the symptoms of covid. We will get the annual booster when it's available, at the same time as the annual flu shot if it's medically ok to do so.

My kids are younglate teens, and whether they get it or not is less clear-cut and up to the one who is now an adult, and we'll consult with the Dr on the 16 year old.

I don't really care if the anti-vaxxers get sick anymore. No more fucks to give.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
This one is interesting. It cites an actual scientific journal article, but it's a crappy scientific journal article --- and it's observational rather than experimental --- done by authors who aren't especially expert and stated that they have conflicts of interest.

I especially like these conflict statements:

Lucy Kerr is a paid consultant for Vitamedic, an ivermectin manufacturer, and Médicos Pela Vida (MPV), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. [NOTE: Médicos Pela Vida (MPV) also discourages COVID-19 vaccination.]

Flavio A. Cadegiani has performed paid consulting work for Vitamedic, an ivermectin manufacturer.

Pierre Kory receives fees from COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. [NOTE: FLCCC also discourages COVID-19 vaccination.]

Juan J. Chamie-Quintero is a paid contributor for the COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. [NOTE: FLCCC also discourages COVID-19 vaccination.]

Pretty funny and telling that in the comments section of the journal's web site, Flavio got into shit fights with anonymous commenters.

It seems there is a lot of agreement that Strongyloidiasis (a disease caused by a nematode) is prevalent in Brazil where they got the data to analyze, and that using Ivermectin to treat people with that and other parasites could improve their general health enough to also improve their COVID-19 outcomes. So ya, if you are riddled with parasites please do get yourself treated with Ivermectin under medical supervision.

Just sayin'.

Ivermectin is a great drug, when properly used it does wonders... but unfortunately, it does very little for COVID.

And anybody with a lick of sense is not surprised by this. COVID is a viral respiratory infection, Ivermectin is an anti-parasite treatment, which can be harmful if overdosed by slight amounts and disastrous if heavily overdosed.

This is complicated by the fact that serious COVID infection has damaging secondary effects all through the body in almost every organ; these are not yet well-understood because it's all very new.

Medical science is not always linear, and once in a while we see stuff like a drug for one disease turns out to be very good for something else entirely unrelated. -IF- this were the case with Ivermectin/COVID, it would be great news and doctors and scientists would be very happy to share research showing it to be true. And there have been hundreds of scientific (ie impartial, double-blind, peer-reviewed, etc) studies of Ivermectin's effect on COVID patients. None have showed such results.

None. Some have have showed a slight benefit, at the edge of being statistically incalculable, with doses that don't make any sense medically.

You'd think that if hydroxychloroquine worked for COVID, doctors desperate for any effective medicine to help their patients would have jumped on it. Well, you would not think that, if you were stupid -and-prone to believe in conspiracies -and- you think doctors are all nefarious greedy fucks who would rather bury patients than cure them because magically somehow they make more money that way -and- you don't understand the difference between a virus and a parasite -and- you eagerly bought the last snake-oil so you are a sucker for the new snake-oil.... IVERMECTIN !!!

Last edited:

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
You are posting a link to an article in the infamous Clark County Today.

But you never read about it here in the U.S. where the media is aligned with the left and supports their causes. But England, Israel, India-........
Even in England they have heard of the Clark County Today website.

How Anti-vaxxers and Ivermection advocates have co-opted local News
"Meanwhile, a series of local news sites such as Washington state’s Clark County Today, the Atlanta Business Journal and California’s the Desert Review have published content from prominent anti-vaccine groups or advocates for unproven Covid-19 treatments. Although they have innocuous names that mimic traditional local news outlets, their content often promotes anti-vaccine views or furthers Covid-19 conspiracy theories. Researchers have come to call these types of organizations “pink slime” outlets and they have become a growing part of the media landscape in recent years.
“The problem that occurs with this is that they don’t have the same journalistic standards – many of them have a decided political agenda to them,” Abernathy said.
In one post from early October, Clark County Today, which was founded by David Madore, a wealthy Republican donor who has bankrolled local candidates in Washington state, republished an article from the anti-vaccine Children’s Health Defense in full. Another article on the site covers local support for a physician’s assistant whom the state medical commission suspended in October for advocating for ivermectin, but does not mention allegations that he attempted to bully local hospital staff into prescribing the drug and spread medical misinformation that resulted in the suspension."

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
You are posting a link to an article in the infamous Clark County Today.
Even in England they have heard of the Clark County Today website.
Dang. Missed that even though I went in skeptical. In fairness to our anti-vax brothers and sisters, the evil shits in this internet world have made it challenging to know what's reputable and what isn't.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Dr. Flavio Cadegiani who wrote the latest study that ConradGordon posted has a very murky history.

He co-owns and is clinical director of Applied Biology, a hair loss company. This hardly qualifies him to study Covid and anti-virals.

He is currently under investigation by the Brazilian National Research Ethics Commission for a study on Proxalutamide, which is an experimental prostate cancer drug. The manufacturer of Proxalutamide is Kintor Pharmaceutical, a sketchy Chinese pharmaceutical company, registered in the Cayman Islands that went public in Hong Kong 2020 at HK $20, rose to over HK$ 70 on the back of the study and is now back trading at HK$13. Their US research partner? Applied Biology.

His research results on Covid have zero credibility because his placebo group had 49% mortality. If anyone seriously believes that the death rate for Covid is 49% , then I can produce a sample of patients who drink Pepsi demonstrating that Pepsi improves the survival rate by a significant amount.

This guy is a charlatan.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Dr. Flavio Cadegiani who wrote the latest study that ConradGordon posted has a very murky history.
This guy is a charlatan.
1662483222524.png

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

He co-owns and is clinical director of Applied Biology, a hair loss company. This hardly qualifies him to study Covid and anti-virals.

He is currently under investigation by the Brazilian National Research Ethics Commission for a study on Proxalutamide, which is an experimental prostate cancer drug. The manufacturer of Proxalutamide is Kintor Pharmaceutical, a sketchy Chinese pharmaceutical company, registered in the Cayman Islands that went public in Hong Kong 2020 at HK $20, rose to over HK$ 70 on the back of the study and is now back trading at HK$13. Their US research partner? Applied Biology.

His research results on Covid have zero credibility because his placebo group had 49% mortality. If anyone seriously believes that the death rate for Covid is 49% , then I can produce a sample of patients who drink Pepsi demonstrating that Pepsi improves the survival rate by a significant amount.

This guy is a charlatan.

Kurt Vonnegut once said that any scientist who cannot explain what he's doing to a six-year-old is a charlatan.

But that 49% mortality rate is troubling. Was this same group compared to the vaxxed young mothers who showed a post-vaccine increase in mortality of 83% or whatever the fuck the prior idiotic claim was?

The flip side is, for dishonest statistics this is actually quite poor. It is easy to show a mortality rate of 100% for anything, you just have to follow it long enough.

Chief Stipe

Says the guy who has no clue what the word "vaccine" actually means, or what vaccines do.
You are confused - on the one hand you used a modern (political?) definition of what a vaccine does yet use an old classical defintion of infection. You can't have it both ways.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
You are confused - on the one hand you used a modern (political?) definition of what a vaccine does yet use an old classical defintion of infection. You can't have it both ways.
you mean this definition, from the CDC? What's wrong with it?

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against diseases. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but some can be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

2airishuman

The Loyal Opposition
Minneapolis area
Heh. Used to give ivermectin to the cows back when I had a herd of them. Great stuff, killed all the worms and didn't faze the cows a bit unlike some of the older anthelemics that made them sick. We used pour-on ivermectin -- you were supposed to dribble a tablespoon or so of the stuff on a 1600 pound cow's back and it would be absorbed through the skin. They had these bags and dispenser pumps and the vet would come out and do it. Cows being large animals and occasionally uncooperative, at times the ivermectin would go everywhere including on me and the vet. One time when this occurred he remarked that despite working with livestock every day he was confident he had no internal parasites as these sorts of events with the ivermectin were not uncommon.

You have to watch the dose with that stuff though, had a friend with sled dogs who screwed up the math and damn near killed one of them. Some individuals are more sensitive than others.

Anyway ivermectin in my body or not I got all the covid shots and boosters. You'd have to be a fool or a kook to think the ivermectin would do anything for a viral infection.