The Third Booster Shot Debate - Are U going to get the booster?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
It really depends on what you call a "mandate." Allowing employers and other private groups to decide for themselves whether they can exclude people who aren't vaccinated? That's not a "mandate" IMHO. All decisions and choices have consequences. It is certainly not "freedom" to force citizens to expose themselves to greater risk of disease and death.
I was referring to a government mandate for its people. The federal government has not mandated a covid vaccine, however as I posted earlier, there are Federal vaccine mandates for 12+/- diseases for immigration or travel. Furthermore all 50 states and DC have mandated a polio vaccination. To argue that mandated vaccination is some novel intrusion on our liberty is factually inaccurate. That said, the decision to mandate vaccination for a disease is not a step to be taken lightly. It requires objectivity and thoughtful analysis.

One million people , more or less, have died in the USA from Covid. 1 million out of 330 million has turned out to be an acceptable risk. I do not know what level of risk would prompt a change of policy. Hopefully our elected officials can have that discussion in a bi-partisan manner but I am not optimistic.

Do you really see Democratic Party activists motivated by hatred, trying to gain an advantage? From where I'm sitting, all I see is trumpalos hollering about their beliefs .....................The truth is that just like all the midwest red state farmers who were still devoted to Trump after his trade war bankrupted them,......
The only fact I glean from this is that you are a Democrat.

But yes, sadly, the public health stance of many Democrat figures from March to November 2020 was affected by political considerations, chief among them 'winning the election".

Memories fade fast. The fervent support of vaccination by Republicans in 2020, was political. The distrust of vaccination and spreading ill founded rumors about the trustworthiness of the FDA by Democrats was political. Unsurprisingly they reversed roles after the change of presidency.

There were some standouts from both sides who remained consistent appeared more concerned with public health than their own re-election, but they are a minority.

JiffyLube

Other than China, I don’t know of anyone forced to be vaccinated. Consequences for decisions is very common.
Local city workers in San Diego like the police and firefighters were told to be vaccinated or lose their jobs, and so was the U.S. military. I'll bet this went on in other cities too. These kinds of things may not happen again though, since all of the science now is showing the vaccines were not as good or as long lasting as it was thought it would be.

JiffyLube

I hear you Jiffy.

It is kinda annoying but fun at the same time .

Each morning, I swear I am not going to post on SA today.......and that I have said all I have to say on the topic, and then....
A long time ago in a galaxy far away I used to participate in Yahoo Chat. That was when I first experienced what we call now Social Media, and the troublemakers that lurked in many of the rooms just waiting to stir the pot. Since those days I decided this social media stuff was just trouble waiting to happen, and I have stayed off of it until I got on this site. I hoped things had changed over the years, but my first reply to a post showed me things were worse than ever. This kind of stuff doesn't seem to happen in groups interested in a certain thing like a particular type of boat (example sail or power user groups), but it is still alive and well in some of the forums in Sailing Anarchy. I guess this site's name should have tipped me off.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Uh, Jiffy you registered in 2011 so can the faux outrage since this is your covid sock. 11 years a naive.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Local city workers in San Diego like the police and firefighters were told to be vaccinated or lose their jobs, and so was the U.S. military. I'll bet this went on in other cities too. These kinds of things may not happen again though, since all of the science now is showing the vaccines were not as good or as long lasting as it was thought it would be.
And people can choose whether to comply. Personal choice does not come without consequences.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Doesn't apply to me.
But it is okay to tell women what they can and cannot do to their body as long as men have the right to choose?

What is your view on women's right to vote? I realize it doesn't apply to you, but in general do you think women should be allowed to continue to vote or is their proper place in the home?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
As I posted earlier, any employer, whether public or private has the liberty to make that choice. It is a fundamental freedom in the USA. As long as you are not discriminating on the basis , of race, gender, or religion or breaking labor laws (eg child labor) we can define the requirements of the job we are offering. If I want to require an up to date covid vaccine to work in my office, that is my right and prerogative. If the San Diego Fire Department want to insist on a vaccine certificate to work for them, that is their fundamental right. This is still a free country.

If you want to work for me, you must wear the blue scrubs that I provide and you must have an up to date Vaccine certificate! If you are too scarit to get vaccinated, then get a job working from home for a call center.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Only the old, fat, scared, and stupid are getting boosters these days.
The fat, scared, commie, sheeple are running around proclaiming their organic homeopathic cures to covid while hugging trees , refusing vaccines ,taking their paid sick days, and generally sponging off the teat of Biden's government, believing everything they read on their left wing social media.

While real, hard working, independent thinking, American patriots don't faint at the sight of a needle , and do what they need to do to make America great again. If that means getting boosted with a made-in-America vaccine then f**kin' A , jest git her done.

accnick

Super Anarchist
The fat, scared, commie, sheeple are running around proclaiming their organic homeopathic cures to covid while hugging trees , refusing vaccines ,taking their paid sick days, and generally sponging off the teat of Biden's government, believing everything they read on their left wing social media.

While real, hard working, independent thinking, American patriots don't faint at the sight of a needle , and do what they need to do to make America great again. If that means getting boosted with a made-in-America vaccine then f**kin' A , jest git her done.
Just got the bi-valent Pfizer booster. Waiting for the nanobots and adherence to conspiracy theories to kick in.

Latest posts