The Third Booster Shot Debate - Are U going to get the booster?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
LOL, gotta love preachy elites.
I'm with you brother......damn elitist liberals trying to deprive the working man and woman of access to the vaccine, and spreading fake news about conservative Americans refusing to get vaccinated.

Gangbusters

Anarchist
Chicago
LOL, so few places care anymore. You have a better chance of convincing someone to get the flu shot. At least that hasn't ben politicized. Yet?!?
Maybe the reason so few need to care is because of all those that did the right thing and got the shots (and keep getting) when available.

accnick

Super Anarchist
Only the old, fat, scared, and stupid are getting boosters these days.
You should have said "...or stupid" instead of "...and stupid."

I plead guilty to being old, but I am neither fat, scared, nor stupid.

But I got my bi-valent booster.

I am going into five days of face-to-face meetings in Pensacola with a group of designers and engineers from all over the world next week, and I have no way of knowing their vaccination status or recent medical history. For me, another booster was not even a subject of discussion.

JiffyLube

As I posted earlier, any employer, whether public or private has the liberty to make that choice. It is a fundamental freedom in the USA. As long as you are not discriminating on the basis , of race, gender, or religion or breaking labor laws (eg child labor) we can define the requirements of the job we are offering. If I want to require an up to date covid vaccine to work in my office, that is my right and prerogative. If the San Diego Fire Department want to insist on a vaccine certificate to work for them, that is their fundamental right. This is still a free country.

If you want to work for me, you must wear the blue scrubs that I provide and you must have an up to date Vaccine certificate! If you are too scarit to get vaccinated, then get a job working from home for a call center.
It is not the SD Fire Dept. that was mandating the vaccine, it was the mayor backed by some of the city council. A number of police lost their jobs because they would not submit (I don't remember the number), but now the science has shown it doesn't matter if you have the vaccine or not a person can still get Covid. No one cared before the vaccine was distributed if the fire and police got Covid as long as they did their jobs, but then when the vaccine came out, they had to take it or lose their jobs. I read the people that lost their jobs might get reinstated without getting the vaccine. I'll tell you another occupation that is not being required to take the vaccine is the construction trades, at least the non-union side.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
It is not the SD Fire Dept. that was mandating the vaccine, it was the mayor backed by some of the city council. A number of police lost their jobs because they would not submit (I don't remember the number), but now the science has shown it doesn't matter if you have the vaccine or not a person can still get Covid. No one cared before the vaccine was distributed if the fire and police got Covid as long as they did their jobs, but then when the vaccine came out, they had to take it or lose their jobs. I read the people that lost their jobs might get reinstated without getting the vaccine. I'll tell you another occupation that is not being required to take the vaccine is the construction trades, at least the non-union side.
You are correct SD Fire and Rescue ended up not mandating the covid vaccine.

It is however a good example of why emergency services and the military are entitled to require vaccines if they choose. In January of this year 131 of the 960 San Diego firefighters were out with Covid. The fire chief had to announce a "brown out" of essential services , including suspending seven engines and three specialty services. It was fortunate you didnt have a bomb scare in San Diego earlier this year because you didnt have a bomb squad....they were out sick with covid.

In hippy, left wing California they let the fire department choose whether to get vaccinated . In my town, we didnt fuck around, the staunchily Republican Fire Chief mandated vaccines for all his crews and we did not have a single engine out for the duration of the pandemic.

(Do you see what I did there? I took the facts and politicized them by twisting unrelated facts into an implied causal relationship. Y'all, on both sides of the political spectrum, been doing this throughout the pandemic and it does NOT help.)

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
The point of first responders vaccinating was to slow the spread from them to victims. And if you recall, those first infections were particularly nasty with high death rates and few treatments. We have vaccines, anti-virals etc now. No need to rewrite history.

Chief Stipe

It is however a good example of why emergency services and the military are entitled to require vaccines if they choose. In January of this year 131 of the 960 San Diego firefighters were out with Covid. The fire chief had to announce a "brown out" of essential services , including suspending seven engines and three specialty services. It was fortunate you didnt have a bomb scare in San Diego earlier this year because you didnt have a bomb squad....they were out sick with covid
Given the vaccines are not very good at preventing infection then the ^brown outs" would still have occurred.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Given the vaccines are not very good at preventing infection then the ^brown outs" would still have occurred.
As reported, no daisy eating, liberal, tree hugging Democrats in our Fire Department so they manned up, got vaccinated and we had zero brown outs . Mostly they did not get covid, and if they did, they were only sick for a couple of days.
The tofu munching Californian anti-vax libtard San Diego fire department had 15% of their crews out with Covid at any one time and were out sick for weeks at a stretch.

Furthermore we only use genuine made-in -America vaccines.

Latest posts