The Third Booster Shot Debate - Are U going to get the booster?

Chief Stipe

I'm not trying to persuade you to get vaccinated. I think you would rather go to your grave than face the dreaded needle...and that is your choice to make. But the facts are the facts.
I'm not vaccinated. I've had Covid-19 and survived. Actually I got through it better than all my vaccinated friends. No where near the grave and I don't own big pharma shares. What say you?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Sorry YOU don't know about King County but you quoted their statistics? Proves my point you are just looking for stats to support your narrative.
You quoted out of context. I wrote that I dont know what percentage of King County cases are not reported but I could report what quantity of Middlesex county cases are reported.

I dont know about King County but in Middlesex County , less than 20% of cases are now reported.

I realize its a habit you struggle to comprehend, but I like to distinguish between what I know and what I do not know.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
I'm not vaccinated. I've had Covid-19 and survived. Actually I got through it better than all my vaccinated friends. No where near the grave and I don't own big pharma shares. What say you?
So you are saying that you dont own big pharma shares and you survived Covid. Are you suggesting a causal connection?

Or are you suggesting a casual connection between not owning pharma shares and not getting vaccinated? Is this a money thing for you? You only buy products from companies that you have invested in?

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
Look at that no significant difference until you reach the above 30 years of age group.

View attachment 544900
Yeah, but really WTF is 'fully vaccinated' at this point in time?

I've had two shots + a booster. Now that a 2nd booster is available (which I'm not getting) am I considered 'fully vaccinated'.

In any case I think society has moved on.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Yeah, but really WTF is 'fully vaccinated' at this point in time?

I've had two shots + a booster. Now that a 2nd booster is available (which I'm not getting) am I considered 'fully vaccinated'.

Do you generally get the annual flu vaccine?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist

We have "given up"......"become complacent"......."surrendered to Covid".

The bottom line is that approximately 400 people per day are dying from Covid. That is a pandemic.
There is a portion of the population who has either just accepted reduced life expectancy or hope "it wont be me". It is not just giving up on the vaccine, there is a portion of the population who dont even bother getting treated when they catch it.

I saw an estimate that if the patients who got covid were either vaccinated or prescribed with Paxlovid , the number of deaths would decline to 50 per day.

350 unnecessary deaths a day?

The Democrats dont care because the victims are either poor or Republican or both.....and it helps the outlook for the election.

The Republicans dont care because they dont care (with some worthy exceptions)

and you wonder why I cannot stand politicians.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

350 unnecessary deaths a day?

The Democrats dont care because the victims are either poor or Republican or both.....and it helps the outlook for the election.

The Republicans dont care because they dont care (with some worthy exceptions)

and you wonder why I cannot stand politicians.

I don't know who convinced you that "Democrats don't care because the victims are either poor or Republican" but that's rank bullshit. 1st of all, poor people tend to vote Democratic so that would be very stupid for somebody who is emotionaly invested in Democratic Party politics; second of all most of the efforts toward science-based public health measures have come from people who are either Democrats (although said health measures are promoted on a non-partisan basis) or appointed by Democrats; and thus accused of all sorts of malfeasance by partisan Republicans.

And you've already accused me of being a partisan Democrat, which is simply not true. I don't give a fuck about party politics but I know a pack of rats when I see them.

A CheeseHead

WI
I've just turned 82. Have always tested negative, not knowingly exposed to the virus, spend my daytime hours teaching sailing to college kids, so I'm in OK shape. Two weeks ago, I got the latest flu shot. Last week I got the booster (covid vaccination #4). I own no shares in big pharma. I'm mostly interested in staying alive, so I'll get the next iteration of the vaccination when/if it appears. YMMV, and that's fine for you - just keep the damned virus to yourself.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
I don't know who convinced you that "Democrats don't care because the victims are either poor or Republican" but that's rank bullshit.

I knew I that would get a rise.....like trout to a May hatch.

1st of all, poor people tend to vote Democratic
Around these here parts, the landscapers are Republican and unvaccinated. The landscapees are Democrat and vaccinated.

; second of all most of the efforts toward science-based public health measures have come from people who are either Democrats or appointed by Democrats;

Winston Churchill was right: "History is written by the victors"

The lock downs, Operation Warp Speed for rapid deployment of vaccines, weekly presidential updates on the pandemic all took place during the Democrat administration.....

I'm not a Republican. Jest sayin'

And you've already accused me of being a partisan Democrat, which is simply not true. I don't give a fuck about party politics but I know a pack of rats when I see them.
Whaaat me? Accuse you of being a partisan Democrat? I thought you were a strong centerist allocating your vote on policy and merit.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
I've just turned 82. Have always tested negative, not knowingly exposed to the virus, spend my daytime hours teaching sailing to college kids, so I'm in OK shape. Two weeks ago, I got the latest flu shot. Last week I got the booster (covid vaccination #4). I own no shares in big pharma. I'm mostly interested in staying alive, so I'll get the next iteration of the vaccination when/if it appears. YMMV, and that's fine for you - just keep the damned virus to yourself.
Good for you....
and thank you for your service to our college kids. There are talkers and there are doers.

I believe you will live a long and rewarding life. 80 is the new 60!

Chief Stipe

The bottom line is that approximately 400 people per day are dying from Covid. That is a pandemic.
There is a portion of the population who has either just accepted reduced life expectancy or hope "it wont be me". It is not just giving up on the vaccine, there is a portion of the population who dont even bother getting treated when they catch it.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
I am not a cardiologist nor have I had time to read the full study but I do know a cardiologist who has read the full report.

He is a gentleman who is careful with his choice of words. He is not the kind of person to say "crock of shit". His comment was "It would be premature to draw conclusions from the study"

He noted that:
"The population is limited to vaccinated individuals that died. It does not include un vaccinated individuals as a benchmark, nor does it include vaccinated individuals who did not die"

"The data was based on codes on death certificates not medical records. The code for myocarditis is 140 and 141. The study included code 145, which is cardiac arrest, code 148 Atrial fibrillation ,code 144 AV blocks, and the catch-alls of 150 which is Heart Attack and 152 which is any other heart disease. It is highly unlikely that a vaccine could cause idiopathic fibrosis and sclerosis within 28 days"

" The largest part of the population that have died and have been vaccinated are the over 60s which is unsurprising. People over 60 die from a variety of causes. This affects the entire sample population. If the over 60s are removed from the data, the study finds no significant conclusions. "

"The possible confounding factors are best illustrated by some of other conclusions that the ..study produced. The study observed a statistically significant decline in death from all other causes in people over 60 in 28 days after the vaccine.....I think it would be premature to conclude that the covid vaccine is an elixir that extends life and cures all diseases. Conversely the statistical significance that the study attributes to an increase in heart related deaths for the under 39s, the study shows the same level of significant increase in death from all other causes in the 28 days after vaccine in under 39s. The State has chosen to notice the conclusion on heart disease ."

Question (me) : Do you believe there is a higher risk of myocarditis from getting vaccinated?
Answer : Yes.
A common cause of myocarditis is viral infection. Covid affects the vascular and pulmonary systems. I am not surprised at the data that shows an increase in the incidence of myocarditis from a vaccine for covid virus. This study does not add to that data set.

Question : Why are we seeing a higher incidence of myocarditis in younger males
Answer : Because young males have very healthy hearts

Question: Huh?
Answer : Visualize the first time you use a brand new sail , compared to that 10 year old beater sail. Which one are you more likely to notice a deterioration of performance or a crease from rolling?

Chief Stipe

I am not a cardiologist nor have I had time to read the full study but I do know a cardiologist who has read the full report
@EYESAILOR who is not a cardiologist, nor a virologist, or an epidemiologist, neither a pharmacologist nor a scientist... Just an MD who obviously has few patients...

Please ask your cardiologist "friend" why have Denmark and Germany introduced similar policies based on research and evidence?

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
@EYESAILOR who is not a cardiologist, nor a virologist, or an epidemiologist, a pharmacologist nor a scientist... Just an MD who obviously has few patients... a fellow of Harvard University and an MD.

Please ask your cardiologist "friend" why have Denmark and Germany introduced similar policies based on research and evidence?
Denmark:
The Study
The False Narrative

Germany
The False Narrative of the RKI position
The true data released by the RKI
The Official German Policy update on Covid vaccines

You will recall that the cardiologist in question stated unequivocally that younger males face a higher risk of myocarditis from Covid and Covid vaccines. He did not offer guidance on the vaccine. He merely stated that the FL study did not provide data that helped him reach that conclusion.

Let me turn the questions back to you.

Why did you think that Denmark and Germany introduced a policy similar to the Florida State Surgeon General's guidance recommending against males aged 18 to 39 from receiving mRNA COVID-19 vaccines?

What was your news source?

Do you find the results in the FL study conclusive?

Latest posts