The upgrade

techadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Someone is actually listening and fixing shit.
Blake Shelton Nbc GIF by The Voice

barfy

Super Anarchist
I have added the 6 usual complete jack-asses to my Ignore list.

Will I still see that they posted, or has that improved? How about quotes of their posts? The less stupidity in my experience of this forum the better :)
Testing testing.
If you went on holiday, stupidity would drop exponentially.

barfy

Super Anarchist
edit: I made a small edit to the above just now, it was still enabled almost an hour after me creating the post. That time-out for edits may have changed too, it seemed to be set at 30 minutes before the upgrade. Quotes of the post would not reflect the edit (just like as before) which is an interesting subject being discussed also about the rumored new Twitter Edit button coming. edit: still able to Edit that post, now more than an hour after creating it.

Is the wider time-range Edit ability a good or bad change? Maybe it works both ways, doesn't bother me too much, is just interesting so far

. If it is a 'forever' Edit ability then it could get interesting, since it opens up the possibility that folks quoted, but then edited themselves, other peoples' posts. And then assholes start arguing about it..
You just delete your posts after some comments engage the small bit of humility you have left. Unless they have been quoted, and I understand that has changed.
With a 3 day edit time you will be able to construct your own reality. Cool. 😎

Last edited:

barfy

Super Anarchist
I don't find it useful that threads started by ignored posters are hidden.
For instance, one of the most prolific thread starters and imho spew posters starts a a disproportionately large number of threads so it's name is spewed across every page.
Can you bring back that topic level posts are never ignored?
Thx

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
Btw, in Edge or Chrome on a Win Laptop you can do a Ctrl+ and Ctrl- to change your font size.

(edit: at 3:01 could still edit this, more than 1 hour after posting it)

Hmmm, yes. But decreasing the font size also increases the wasted space on either side of the page, so it is a semi-solution. Wikipedia, for example. respects your font size preferences in the first place; it can and should be done.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
I have added the 6 usual complete jack-asses to my Ignore list.

Testing, testing.
Can you hear me?

Testing testing.
If you went on holiday, stupidity would drop exponentially.

Iggyray, only 6 usual suspects?

Do you know, if you use the long ignore method, through the memers search function that you kindly but unnecessary advocated, you can actually ignore yourself.

Not sure if it really works for ignorant users, though.

Black Sox

Super Anarchist
Dublin, Ireland
All of which begs the question of whether it’s worth the extra effort. It’s almost as if our new overlords want to discourage us from visiting.

I always used the view that BJ so kindly set up, titled something like “New posts without Political Anarchy”, and the dots that brought me to the first unread posts. Now?

And the ignore list is gone?

FFS

@techadmin1 @techadmin you’ve just lost this user.
@techadmin1 @techadmin I take it back. Your haven’t lost me, I’m just change resistant.

It would be nice if we could get back that BJ view, though. Any chance?

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I can't belive it. Do you have the post url so I can check?
Sure, try this example

atwinda

Anarchist
I actually like the new ignore feature set. In the previous forums you'd still see the post, but not the content- It seems in the new software, that the post is hidden altogether. While it does make for better reading, it also makes for some odd posts without context if someone comments on an ignored post without quoting it. Just have to look at the post id / count in the upper right of the post to see if there are out-of-order posts.

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
I actually like the new ignore feature set. In the previous forums you'd still see the post, but not the content- It seems in the new software, that the post is hidden altogether. While it does make for better reading, it also makes for some odd posts without context if someone comments on an ignored post without quoting it. Just have to look at the post id / count in the upper right of the post to see if there are out-of-order posts.
There are other reasons for "odd posts without context" :)

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I have only just noticed you can not give a down vote !!
What is with this new upgrade? You should be able to down vote. It is a way of keeping people honest and using facts?
If I hover over the Like button the option to DownVote is the icon to the left.

Can't remember the last time I used it but some fool here that I will not name runs around down voting me, it must make him feel better for whatever ridiculous reason :D The UpVote is way cooler.

I have not seen any hint of posts since the upgrade, from the jackasses on my Ignore list. Maybe that improvement got implemented?

Last edited:

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
I have not seen any hint of posts since the upgrade, from the jackasses on my Ignore list. Maybe that improvement got implemented?
Don't jackass me, jackass!
You were in IT before they retired you early, for being a demented jackass, isn't it?

Anyway, when you put us on ingnore, you checked the 2 boxes at the bottom, didn't you, so that not only you wouldn't see our posts, but we also couldn't see your post anymore, right?

Well, that has been corrected by the Techadmin, so we can now once more read your enlightening posts, and keep smiling.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Someone is actually listening and fixing shit. That's a big improvement imho. You are now a "Super Anarchist ".
Nice to see the ancient 'Newbies' thread un-sticked to drift into history's wake. It became a waste of screen space after this long.

Iirc the last post in there was by Woody, back in Jan of 2015. Fun times, but nobody was hitting it nowadays :) Search for MALUGHUA if you want to re-find it :D

Last edited:

Latest posts