The Voice. An Australian referendum

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Wow, I'm stunned by your in-depth legal analysis and insightful explanation.

You really are embarrassing yourself Meli, but feel free to continue by yourself.

It's sort of funny following these threads and knowing that a bunch of posts aren't showing up, yet Ms Peek-a-boo can read what others on her ignore list post.

I'm kind of tempted to start a parallel thread to the 'Australia' one then put Meli on double-secret ignore so she can't see it and can't peek at the contents. I think that'd work and it'd certainly be fair play.

FWIW she *can't* embarrass herself because she lacks the necessary self-reflective ability to realise what an idiot she is... and I keep emphasising that she's NOT an Australian except by happenstance, she's a Pom by birth and bias.

FKT

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Wow, I'm stunned by your in-depth legal analysis and insightful explanation.

You really are embarrassing yourself Meli, but feel free to continue by yourself.
I posted in depth and legal analysis vide a podcast i provided.
It discusses in depth that very paragraph. Did you listen? No? so why would I waste my time trying to explain something that is better explained by constitutional lawyers..that you don't bother listening to?

As for the bolded bit, I'm not at all embarrassed.
I said at post 8, I'm simply posting resources. Why would I be embarrassed?

Last edited:

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
Meli's world explained...

1663995819451.png

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
C'mon guys, be fair. She isn't responsible for the IQ she was dealt. She's still coming to grips with how to manage it.
She can't see my posts, she has me on ignore. What I post can't bother her unless she breaks her own rules.

She's peaks a lot though, reads every response.

It is bizarre behaviour, but because she's been pinged for it, there's no way out for her. She has to remain on board with all us on double ignore... or admit that she was wrong. Never, ever, been known to admit she was wrong.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
It is bizarre behaviour, but because she's been pinged for it, there's no way out for her. She has to remain on board with all us on double ignore... or admit that she was wrong. Never, ever, been known to admit she was wrong.
I used to have on my signature a quote from that idiot where she actually admitted that Dan had fucked up the hotel quarantine. It took me months of keeping at her to finally admit it. She got upset when I put the quote on my sig. one small victory in the war against her blind stupidity.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
I used to have on my signature a quote from that idiot where she actually admitted that Dan had fucked up the hotel quarantine. It took me months of keeping at her to finally admit it. She got upset when I put the quote on my sig. one small victory in the war against her blind stupidity.

Sparau is taking over for her, though. I'm kind of over people attributing emotions to me that they cannot possibly know about, then doubling down on it when I tell them outright that they're wrong. Either he knows my mental state better than I do, he thinks I'm lying about what I feel, or he's lying/trolling to avoid addressing issues. And of course this last is classic behaviour, it's 30+ years old and was boring back on the old internet Usenet groups.

Anyway, as I said, over it. This double-secret ignore caper has its attractions because if I add him to my list, he can't see anything I post unless he logs out & peeks. And then he'd have to admit to that in order to post anything in response.

FKT

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
Sparau is taking over for her, though. I'm kind of over people attributing emotions to me that they cannot possibly know about, then doubling down on it when I tell them outright that they're wrong. Either he knows my mental state better than I do, he thinks I'm lying about what I feel, or he's lying/trolling to avoid addressing issues. And of course this last is classic behaviour, it's 30+ years old and was boring back on the old internet Usenet groups.

Anyway, as I said, over it. This double-secret ignore caper has its attractions because if I add him to my list, he can't see anything I post unless he logs out & peeks. And then he'd have to admit to that in order to post anything in response.

FKT
Sparau's OK, I don't think he means any harm

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Sparau's OK, I don't think he means any harm

I have my boat on the hard ATM and am flat out so have very little SOH to spare (though nothing has gone wrong or unexpected - so far). I've never had any time for people who want to tell me what my emotional state is based solely on text on a screen. If he wants to play that tired old card and KEEP playing it after he's been told, fuck him.

FKT

The Cambridge dictionary defines “indigenous” as a word that is “used to refer to, or relating to, the people who originally lived in a place, rather than people who moved there from somewhere else”. Does that mean that only African people are indigenous, after all, all humans are known to have originated in Africa and then “moved” into other regions?

DNA findings have been most unwelcome in the Australian Aboriginal Industry. Paleogeneticists use DNA science to examine the origins of people. For example, they have found that most Europeans and Asians inherited 1% to 2% of their genomes from Neanderthals. Melanesians and Australian Aboriginals get another 3% to 6% of their DNA from Denisovans, that is, Neanderthal cousins who ranged across Asia 50,000 to 200,000 years ago or so[1]. How is the Voice going to deal with science conflicting with the Dreamtime? The Australian Aboriginal Industry apparently want us to believe Dreamtime over Science. Parliament is being asked to turn its back on both the Cambridge Dictionary and Science in favour of Fairytales.

[1] https://www.science.org/content/art...alized about 10 years,200,000 years ago or so.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
The Cambridge dictionary defines “indigenous” as a word that is “used to refer to, or relating to, the people who originally lived in a place, rather than people who moved there from somewhere else”. Does that mean that only African people are indigenous, after all, all humans are known to have originated in Africa and then “moved” into other regions?

DNA findings have been most unwelcome in the Australian Aboriginal Industry. Paleogeneticists use DNA science to examine the origins of people. For example, they have found that most Europeans and Asians inherited 1% to 2% of their genomes from Neanderthals. Melanesians and Australian Aboriginals get another 3% to 6% of their DNA from Denisovans, that is, Neanderthal cousins who ranged across Asia 50,000 to 200,000 years ago or so[1]. How is the Voice going to deal with science conflicting with the Dreamtime? The Australian Aboriginal Industry apparently want us to believe Dreamtime over Science. Parliament is being asked to turn its back on both the Cambridge Dictionary and Science in favour of Fairytales.

[1] https://www.science.org/content/article/neanderthal-dna-you-carry-may-have-surprisingly-little-impact-your-looks-moods#:~:text=Paleogeneticists realized about 10 years,200,000 years ago or so.
Meli's response

1664761317573.png

FinnFish

Super Anarchist
It really doesn't matter. If Albo is planning to hold his referendum in the next financial year 'the Voice' is about the last thing the average punter will be worried about. It's heading South at a rate of knots, next year is recession time - increased unemployment, higher interest rates, falling home values and reduction in real wages/superannuation.

From Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price:
The most important book to read right now is the book I just wrote the foreword for.
Beyond Belief - Rethinking the Voice to Parliament
It factually and responsibly delivers the ‘No’ case through a series of considered essays of significant Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians.
The Voice to Parliament is the most racially divisive and dangerous policy to be dreamt up in some time. In a world that has known the horrific circumstances of racial policy in our global history’s we should know better.
It is illegal in Germany to create race based laws so as never to repeat the horrors of World War 2. So why then are we as a nation hurtling toward racially divisive policy and special measures for one race?
Do not mistake this process for something to feel warm and fuzzy about. We do not need to constitutionally enshrine an Aboriginal Organisation, there are enough of them already funded by governments to overcome Aboriginal disadvantage but clearly they’re not working so enshrining one in our constitution DOES NOT guarantee success!
SHARE SHARE SHARE!
Order your copy here: https://www.connorcourtpublishing.com.au/-Beyond-Belief...
May be an image of text that says '8 connorcourt PUBLISHING LDEcENO Beyond Belief O EDITED BY PETER KURTI &WARREN MUNDINE AO ( Jacinta lampi'

960You, Robert Connell and 958 others

102 Comments
213 Shares

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
From Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price:
The most important book to read right now is the book I just wrote the foreword for.
Beyond Belief - Rethinking the Voice to Parliament
It factually and responsibly delivers the ‘No’ case through a series of considered essays of significant Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians.
The Voice to Parliament is the most racially divisive and dangerous policy to be dreamt up in some time. In a world that has known the horrific circumstances of racial policy in our global history’s we should know better.
It is illegal in Germany to create race based laws so as never to repeat the horrors of World War 2. So why then are we as a nation hurtling toward racially divisive policy and special measures for one race?
Do not mistake this process for something to feel warm and fuzzy about. We do not need to constitutionally enshrine an Aboriginal Organisation, there are enough of them already funded by governments to overcome Aboriginal disadvantage but clearly they’re not working so enshrining one in our constitution DOES NOT guarantee success!
SHARE SHARE SHARE!
Order your copy here: https://www.connorcourtpublishing.com.au/-Beyond-Belief...
May be an image of text that says '8 connorcourt PUBLISHING LDEcENO Beyond Belief O EDITED BY PETER KURTI &WARREN MUNDINE AO ( Jacinta lampi''8 connorcourt PUBLISHING LDEcENO Beyond Belief O EDITED BY PETER KURTI &WARREN MUNDINE AO ( Jacinta lampi'

960You, Robert Connell and 958 others

102 Comments
213 Shares
i hope you are on Meli’s block list because what was written would be very troubling for her. However as Price is a member of the country liberal party she can happily stick her head up her arse and live in denial

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
i hope you are on Meli’s block list because what was written would be very troubling for her. However as Price is a member of the country liberal party she can happily stick her head up her arse and live in denial

Her head is permanently there. That's the reason she posts so much shit - her head is blocking the customary outlet.

On topic I'm more inclined to think the referendum is going to be a NO. When there are significant representative Aboriginal people against it, from all major Parties plus people who've never been in politics, selling it to the average Aussie isn't going to be easy.

FKT

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
On topic I'm more inclined to think the referendum is going to be a NO. When there are significant representative Aboriginal people against it, from all major Parties plus people who've never been in politics, selling it to the average Aussie isn't going to be easy.

FKT
Totally agree.

if Albo was smart, he’d see the writing on the wall and drop the refo plan.

So we will be voting NO

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

A good read.

We are a much unloved people. We are perhaps the ethnic group Australians feel least connected to. We are not popular and we are not personally known to many Australians. Few have met us and a small minority count us as friends.

And despite never having met any of us and knowing very little about us other than what is in the media – and what [Australian anthropologist WEH] Stanner called 'folklore' about us – Australians hold and express strong views about us, the great proportion of which is negative and unfriendly.

Success in the forthcoming referendum, if predicated on our popularity as a people, then it is doubtful we will succeed. It does not, and will not, take much to mobilise antipathy against Aboriginal people and conjure the worst imaginings about us and the recognition we seek.

For those who wish to oppose our recognition, it will be like shooting fish in a barrel. An inane thing to do – but easy. A heartless thing to do – but easy.