the word - ranking

Best challenger?

• Total voters

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
Been away from the AC for awhile now - but curious how the teams are stacking up. You guys are experts, how are the teams shaping up?

Last edited by a moderator:

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
sorry! Just noticed identical polls down page. Looks like TNZ is the big favorite - just over Oracle. Pretty cool.

enigmatically

UK
Two factors for Kiwis coming top

1) the predominance of Kiwis on this site

2) Because seeing ETNZ being more stable and sailing faster than everyone else (as judged by eye) when they were still down under and all the others were in a BDA in a different wind, different waves etc is a good indicator of outcome. Whereas the practice races and videos of them sailing next to each other gives no indication because they are sand-bagging or still have development to do

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
thanks, I wondered about the former - but given all boats are now in the same place, thought some legitimate evidence might be bubbling to the surface.

for example, the only convincing series of full foiling maneuver I have seen, have been TNZ (and sure, I recall watching this last time around too!)

Still, I haven't been attending to "intelligence from the field" like many here.

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
true - have not watched video of other teams. Hence my query here.

would seem as with every other AC, wait and see...

enigmatically

UK
true - have not watched video of other teams. Hence my query here.

would seem as with every other AC, wait and see...
Well that would explain why you hadn't seen foiling tacks and gybes from other teams wouldn't it

They've alll done them. Some better than others, some more in succession than others. A neutral would probably say Artemis has looked the smoothest, GTF the worst

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
According to Richard Gladwell there will be a change of the cup in June based on current performances. Artemis has emerged as a clear favourite and Oracle USA has been going backwards. BAR also have serious problems according to Gladwell. ETNZ are still relatively unknown due to their late arrival. Gladwell states Oracle are the team most capable of turning their current form around but time is running out for the others.

http://www.sail-world.com/australia/Gladwells-Line---For-whom-will-the-Americas-Cup-bell-first-toll/153422\

Off course most people know that many of the teams are not practising with their race foils which begs the question what does practice really show? Gladwell believes this is a time management race and I agree with this so late is bad . This would suggest the race is between Artemis, Oracle and ETNZ as we know NZ don't build slow boats

maxmini

Super Anarchist
According to Richard Gladwell there will be a change of the cup in June based on current performances. Artemis has emerged as a clear favourite and Oracle USA has been going backwards. BAR also have serious problems according to Gladwell. ETNZ are still relatively unknown due to their late arrival. Gladwell states Oracle are the team most capable of turning their current form around but time is running out for the others.

http://www.sail-world.com/australia/Gladwells-Line---For-whom-will-the-Americas-Cup-bell-first-toll/153422\

Off course most people know that many of the teams are not practising with their race foils which begs the question what does practice really show? Gladwell believes this is a time management race and I agree with this so late is bad . This would suggest the race is between Artemis, Oracle and ETNZ as we know NZ don't build slow boats
Has Gladwell ever been right, lol?
Once in awhile .

Missing the fact that some race foils have hit the water was a bit of a blunder .

KiwiJoker

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ

Has Gladwell ever been right, lol?
A bloody sight more often than you mate!

Latest posts