"There are zero security threats in RAK"

idontwan2know

Super Anarchist
For those who aren't aware, UAE authorities have uncovered a plot to blow up the new world's tallest building, the Burj Dubai. The terrorist ring accused of planning the attack was based in RAK and apparently acting with the support and/or direction of Iran.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3777251,00.html

Of particular importance from the bottom of the article:

"According to sources linked to the case, the Iranians have real foothold in the UAE, particularly in Ras al-Khaimah. Iran has cultivated close business relations with Crown Prince Saud bin Saqr al-Qasimi and his close associate, Lebanese Shiite businessman, Massad Khater.

According to these sources, this is not merely an innocent business relationship. Khater is a partner in a ceramics factory called Ras al-Khaimah Ceramics. This factory, the sources claim, directly aids Iran's weapons and missiles industry. The factory even has a branch in the Iranian city of Natanz, where parts for Iranian warheads are produced.

Khater is also one of the owners of the pharmaceutical company at which one of the detainees arrested for the Burj Dubai plot works."

Yeah...Larry is totally irrational for having concerns about security in RAK...

PeterHuston

Super Anarchist
This is stunning, just stunning.

Not the terror plot, anyone can plot to blow up anything, but how it is all linked within the AC world.

Can't wait for Simon and Marian's reaction to all this.

idontwan2know

Super Anarchist
If it's bogus, great.

I'm not ready to agree everything is copacetic merely because one Dubai official issues a denial, though.

Clancy

"There was and is NO security threat in this really, really, really stable part of the world run by duly elected transparent bodies. We would NEVER cover up any incident or lie to our beloved people. There are no terrorists ANYWHERE in this region."

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
OMG, now I understand - EB's real identity is .. Ernst (Stavro) Blofeld!!

It all fits: he's mass-producing the Ebola virus in that pharmaceutical facility in RAK, and in exchange for ceramic nozzles he'll have the Iranians kidnap LE at the weather mark. The ransom will be Oracle's super-secret SW, that allows diffusing real viruses over the Internet ..

Time for 007 to stop cavorting with the 14 year old local gal and spring into action :lol:

sucky bus

Super Anarchist
"There was and is NO security threat in this really, really, really stable part of the world run by duly elected transparent bodies. We would NEVER cover up any incident or lie to our beloved people. There are no terrorists ANYWHERE in this region."
Absolutely,, full of WMD's... deployed in 45 mins.. fucking grow up... how many hundreds of thousands dead... fucktard

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
For those who aren't aware, UAE authorities have uncovered a plot to blow up the new world's tallest building, the Burj Dubai. The terrorist ring accused of planning the attack was based in RAK and apparently acting with the support and/or direction of Iran.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3777251,00.html

Of particular importance from the bottom of the article:

"According to sources linked to the case, the Iranians have real foothold in the UAE, particularly in Ras al-Khaimah. Iran has cultivated close business relations with Crown Prince Saud bin Saqr al-Qasimi and his close associate, Lebanese Shiite businessman, Massad Khater.

According to these sources, this is not merely an innocent business relationship. Khater is a partner in a ceramics factory called Ras al-Khaimah Ceramics. This factory, the sources claim, directly aids Iran's weapons and missiles industry. The factory even has a branch in the Iranian city of Natanz, where parts for Iranian warheads are produced.

Khater is also one of the owners of the pharmaceutical company at which one of the detainees arrested for the Burj Dubai plot works."

Yeah...Larry is totally irrational for having concerns about security in RAK...
That's pretty wild.

Normally I don't put too much faith in the more hard line Israel-based accusations about terrorist plots and WMDs and such, but since this potentially involves bin Saqr al-Qasimi, Masaad and RAK so directly... Wow.

That ceramics factory referred to is right across the street from the potential AC village.

:blink:

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
That ceramics factory referred to is right across the street from the potential AC village.
I'm telling you, the AC affair is just a diabolical plot for luring LE there and put our entire civilization at EB's mercy!

Above all, he must not be allowed to go - better send a double, Sacha Baron Cohen will do nicely (and be more entertaining, as well)

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
I'm telling you, the AC affair is just a diabolical plot for luring LE there and put our entire civilization at EB's mercy!

Above all, he must not be allowed to go - better send a double, Sacha Baron Cohen will do nicely (and be more entertaining, as well)
Nobody is suggesting that, but c'mon.. That report suggests one very closely tied terrorist plot link to this venue, at least physically. You really think it is not noteworthy here? The alleged terrorist was working for Massaad right across the street! You can't miss this factory as you turn into Al Hamra, it's that close.

Last edited by a moderator:

1_&_in

Super Anarchist

Nobody is suggesting that, but c'mon.. That report suggests one very closely tied terrorist plot link to this venue, at least physically. You really think it is not noteworthy here? The alleged terrorist was working for Massaad right across the street! You can't miss this factory as you turn into Al Hamra, it's that close.
if the israeli's are to be believed. these are the same people that still drop cluster bombs on their enemys even though they have been outlawed for years.

i would suggest it is a highly unreliable source

SimonN

Super Anarchist
Sydney ex London
Using the same basis, the AC shouldn't ever be held again in the USA because there they didn't manage to arrest the terrorists before they flew planes into buildings. I personally feel safer ina country where there is a record of stopping attacks. And on thge same basis, I guess we cannot have the AC in Australia as they arrested a load of people for planning terror attacks, as they have in London. In Spain, we have seen terror attacks on yacht clubs.

I find it amazing that some of you think that if there was a terror attack on the AC in RAK, Alinghgi would come away totally unharmed. I bet that crazed jihad suicide bombers would really care about which boat was which and be careful to only hurt people from BOR........NOT! Yes, a boat with USA might be a bit more of a target than SUI, but the best time to attack probably isn't when it is capable of doing 30+ knots. If the BOR guys are in danger, so are the Alinghi ones. Maybe EB, BB and the rest of the team have a death wish. If pro cricketers refuse to tour in Pakistan because of the risks, do you really think that some of the Alinghi guys wouldn't have jumped ship by now, if they felt threatened?

Of course, it is the normal state of play for people in the US to be paranoid about the Middle east. They have weapons of mass destruction. It must be time to invade ;)

1_&_in

Super Anarchist
Using the same basis, the AC shouldn't ever be held again in the USA because there they didn't manage to arrest the terrorists before they flew planes into buildings. I personally feel safer ina country where there is a record of stopping attacks. And on thge same basis, I guess we cannot have the AC in Australia as they arrested a load of people for planning terror attacks, as they have in London. In Spain, we have seen terror attacks on yacht clubs.
I find it amazing that some of you think that if there was a terror attack on the AC in RAK, Alinghgi would come away totally unharmed. I bet that crazed jihad suicide bombers would really care about which boat was which and be careful to only hurt people from BOR........NOT! Yes, a boat with USA might be a bit more of a target than SUI, but the best time to attack probably isn't when it is capable of doing 30+ knots. If the BOR guys are in danger, so are the Alinghi ones. Maybe EB, BB and the rest of the team have a death wish. If pro cricketers refuse to tour in Pakistan because of the risks, do you really think that some of the Alinghi guys wouldn't have jumped ship by now, if they felt threatened?

Of course, it is the normal state of play for people in the US to be paranoid about the Middle east. They have weapons of mass destruction. It must be time to invade ;)
nice, who has the most weapons of mass destruction? the USA, who has proven in the past that they will unleash these weapons? the USA. i am really sick of the fucking hypocrits. if you don't like it then don't come here stay the fuck home and enjoy your fucked up country

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
Back to the thread, "There are zero security threats in RAK" - here's a somewhat interesting factoid that shows high on a Google search using related terms:

Marwan al-Shehhi

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Marwan al-Shehhi

Born Marwan al-Shehhi (in Arabic: مروان الشحي)

May 9, 1978(1978-05-09)

Ras al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates

Died September 11, 2001 (aged 23)

Manhattan, New York United States

A University student, Marwan Yousef al-Shehhi (Arabic: مروان الشحي‎, also transliterated Alshehhi[1]) (May 9, 1978 – September 11, 2001) was named by the FBI as the suicide pilot aboard United Airlines Flight 175 which crashed into the second World Trade Center tower on September 11, 2001. He trained at the Huffman Aviation pilot school with Mohammed Atta. At 23 years of age, he was the youngest of the four pilots.

Contents

[hide]

[edit] History

Al-Shehhi was born in Ras al-Khaimah, in the United Arab Emirates, to a Muslim cleric. He was described as a quiet and devout Muslim.

contd

marian

Super Anarchist
Normally I don't put too much faith in the more hard line Israel-based accusations about terrorist plots and WMDs and such, but since this potentially involves bin Saqr al-Qasimi, Masaad and RAK so directly... Wow.
What you realy mean is:

"Normally I don't put any faith in the more hard line Israel-based accusations about terrorist plots and WMDs and such. In this case, I will, because it involves bin Masaad and I must not lose the opportunity to earn brownie points by winding this up into a character assasination of someone connected with Ernesto Bertarelli. On top of that, it was first posted by IDW2K, who is a proven recipient of BOR info, so I might even get extra brownie points if I do a good wind up job."

I wonder what will be next? A link posted by Peelman to an article, on the likelihood of Massaad being involved in a plot, on the MO of C?

Stingray

Super Anarchist
PNW
What you realy mean is:

"Normally I don't put any faith in the more hard line Israel-based accusations about terrorist plots and WMDs and such. In this case, I will, because it involves bin Masaad and I must not lose the opportunity to earn brownie points by winding this up into a character assasination of someone connected with Ernesto Bertarelli. On top of that, it was first posted by IDW2K, who is a proven recipient of BOR info, so I might even get extra brownie points if I do a good wind up job."

I wonder what will be next? A link posted by Peelman to an article, on the likelihood of Massaad being involved in a plot, on the MO of C?
Actually, what I posted is what I meant. You can question its authenticity as I did too, but is about a factory right freakin' there.

But thanks for trying. Was today a no-masturbation day?

1_&_in

Super Anarchist
Back to the thread, "There are zero security threats in RAK" - here's a somewhat interesting factoid that shows high on a Google search using related terms:

Marwan al-Shehhi

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Marwan al-Shehhi

Born Marwan al-Shehhi (in Arabic: مروان الشحي)

May 9, 1978(1978-05-09)

Ras al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates

Died September 11, 2001 (aged 23)

Manhattan, New York United States

A University student, Marwan Yousef al-Shehhi (Arabic: مروان الشحي‎, also transliterated Alshehhi[1]) (May 9, 1978 – September 11, 2001) was named by the FBI as the suicide pilot aboard United Airlines Flight 175 which crashed into the second World Trade Center tower on September 11, 2001. He trained at the Huffman Aviation pilot school with Mohammed Atta. At 23 years of age, he was the youngest of the four pilots.

Contents

[hide]

[edit] History

Al-Shehhi was born in Ras al-Khaimah, in the United Arab Emirates, to a Muslim cleric. He was described as a quiet and devout Muslim.

contd
and he was lead astray where? in germany not in RAK, you don't put that bit in do you?

convienient really

FuckYou

and he was lead astray where? in germany not in RAK, you don't put that bit in do you?

Yeah, he was 'lead astray'. Dude, he was a pyscho fucking terrorist who flew an airplane into a builing of pretty secretaries doing their daily work. Are you fucking crazy? The Quran led him astray - not Germany.

Look Dingo asshole, just because you live in that piece of shit miserable part of the earth called the middle east, don't think you can come here telling all that everything is OK. You and your camel fucking brothers are the most fucked up people this planet has ever known. Now we have a terrorist factory 100m from the America's Cup base. Don't you think that word 'America' is going to attract some serious fucking terrorist attention?

Why the fuck does the US use a 'measured response' with these assholes?

Albatros

Super Anarchist
two possibilities :

1)the Israeli shitstirring is correct, but then that proves that the UAE seems to be a safer place than New York and Washington ... and probably the rest of the USA, so thumbs up for UAE

2)the Israeli shitstirring is just that, shitstirring .... Ellison, he jew ?

so either way .... crap.

p.s. Stinger : if that ceramics factory is right across the street, and if that other factoid that you "found" (or somebody found it for you ? ) is correct , then the only logical conclusion that you can draw from it is that having this dogfight right at that place is very safe, maybe bad Larry, holy virgin Tom and saint Russels should ask if they can get to stay somewhere in that factory ?

this thread is eminently suited for another frontpage article, fer sure :)

Latest posts