This is the left....

benwynn

Super Anarchist
Verdict in. I'll assume that means no hung jury which I think was Chauvin's best chance.
Agreed.  Guilty.  Now... Had Water's kept her mouth shut, we would be done.  But now we won't be.   If there is value in what she did, I sure as shit don't see it.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Perhaps I could point out that anyone who thinks they will get a fair trial doesn't understand how the system works - for instance without videos now available none of these shootings would be more than a mention in the news if that.  Look up T Cullen Davis - acquitted of 2 murders even though there was an eye witness. The best legal team wins, see O.J. Simpson.  Poor people get convicted, the wealthy walk and until very recently that also applied to the police. 

Black people are convicted and executed at a much higher rate than whites and since I am white am not going to condemn someone who is black for making a statement. Would it be better if they didn't? I think so but it would be better if we had legal reform to include not allowing attorneys to lie in court and put the victim on trial.  Anyone who thinks the police will and do lie should go ahead and buy my unicorn ranch complete with rainbows. I have personal experience about that having once faced felony drug charges based on planted drugs and cops lying.

benwynn

Super Anarchist
I have personal experience about that having once faced felony drug charges based on planted drugs and cops lying.
I'll go out on a limb and say that public officials publicly expressing the need for you to be found guilty would not have been constructive.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Agreed.  Guilty.  Now... Had Water's kept her mouth shut, we would be done.  But now we won't be.   If there is value in what she did, I sure as shit don't see it.
She's a walking advertisement of why we should have mandatory age retirement requirements for politicians.  I heard her use the word confrontational and never directly advocated violence but it was clearly inflammatory.  I agreed with an earlier comment you made about politicians should never get involved in ongoing judicial processes.

I can't excuse Chauvin for remaining  on Floyd's neck long after any semblance of resistance had ended.  Let him reflect on his actions for the next 12 or so years in jail.   

Last edited by a moderator:

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
El Mariachi said:
Verdict will be read in less than an hour. Buckle up, Gurlz, you're all in for a ride this afternoon.....
Why?  He's being found guilty.  Who do you think is going to riot?  There will be something that looks like street parties in a few places but I don't expect them to be violent.  

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
El Mariachi said:
Verdict will be read in less than an hour. Buckle up, Gurlz, you're all in for a ride this afternoon.....

50D22F13-E2FE-42C8-AB92-BE7B816CE6E9.jpeg

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
As well as very specific direction as to what is needed for each charge, and what statements to disregard.  The opinion from someone who watched every single minute of that trial, giving the attention to it at the level of a juror has some merit.   I doubt Maxine gave it this amount of attention, given she should have other shit to do.  And I would be surprised if half of the people on the receiving end of Maxine's comments watched much of the trial, if at all.
She needs to learn the standard line "we do not comment on pending litigation". 

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Last edited by a moderator:

benwynn

Super Anarchist
10 hours of deliberation. The only question is which of the charges has he been found guilty of.
That would be an interesting question for the folks surrounding Waters during her tirade.  Or maybe even a question for Waters, herself.

"What specific charges presented do you feel he should be found guilty of?"

The blinking stares would reinforce what I have been saying.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
El Mariachi said:
You obviously have no clue what's going across the country at this moment...wrt to the current protective preparations by the police, the sheriffs, the National Guard......and fuk knows who else (and I'm sure by private business owners as well). Even 1900 miles west of the court house....here in Hell-A. Trust me, professional rioters don't really need a reason to riot.....it's instinct & in the their DNA......
Well, I hope I do have a clue and that you're wrong.  We definitely will see.  

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
El Mariachi said:
You obviously have no clue what's going across the country at this moment.
It’s true I’m really not up to speed with the happenings in Mexico particularly the shithole barrio you’re holed up in...

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
We are about to see a big win for (in order)

Justice

BLM

The Left 

Maxine Waters 

Joe Biden

Bad day for Chauvin and his fellow Trumpaloons