Thomas Coville RTW attempt 2016

genealex

Anarchist
Netherlands
Predictions show a fast and straight descent to the equator, and a favorable trajectory in the southern Atlantic.

It will be a tall order to break Joyons' record but If there's one I'd like to see succeed, it's Coville

Last edited by a moderator:

[email protected]

Super Anarchist
43 south
The rest of the year is looking pretty entertaining as far as ocean racing goes, unfortunately after an overload of races to follow it'll taper off pretty quickly in the new year.

yl75

Super Anarchist
France
Looks like he is starting at the same time as the VG boats . Main sponsor wants to make a big splash?
Yes most probably, plus Sodebo is also a spnsor of the VG.

But the tracker was showing a start before, and then it jumped one hour later, maybe a phone call :)

Potter

Super Anarchist
Actually, it has been a nightmare for the sponsor. They would normally get a lot more coverage for Thomas starting, but everyone is covering the VG instead.

I have been impressed by the fact that they did not try and delay his departure.

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
YIKES, doing 30 knots, admittedly at a better angle, but 3X the average of the leaders of the Vendee. Already crossed their outward path.

I hope Francis Joyon does not regret not going in this window for the Jules Verne.

jonas a

Super Anarchist
CwnDwo9WIAAYhIJ.jpg

Potter

Super Anarchist
YIKES, doing 30 knots, admittedly at a better angle, but 3X the average of the leaders of the Vendee. Already crossed their outward path.

I hope Francis Joyon does not regret not going in this window for the Jules Verne.
Supposedly he decided that the gains in the North Atlantic did not make up for the mess around St Helena.Thomas decided that was 4 days away and worth the risk.

This north Atlantic speed to the equator is incredible.

Latest posts