Thomas Coville RTW attempt 2016

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
One day sailing, curious if he manages Brest to Lissabon, cant see the tracker this morning. Petite erreur.

Edit, they have more then 250K viewers, so have to pay Google :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wess

Super Anarchist
I didn't look at all the files carefully but thought he would have been lifted above the Canaries on the other gybe.

He has been on this gybe for 2 hours now and consistent sailing just a bit north of due west (270) so making negative VMG.

Guessing things did not go as routing had planned and this is a tough record to beat... just wondering. Nothing wrong with the boat obviously from the speed.

Maybe Idec saw something in this window that Coville did not and so waited?

yl75

Super Anarchist
France
I decided saw issues in the south Atlantic part for this window (Saint Helena high very south), but not up to the equator

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
Currently 267nm ahead of the record. Current 15 min avg speed 27.2kts. Speed over the last 4hrs 26.1kts.

Last 24 hrs - 525nm.

Seems pretty good so far.

Bon chance!

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
Yup, depends on how far west he wants to go for the doldrums.

South Atlantic not looking all that bad. I wonder if Joyon was thinking of how he cut the corner on his solo record run, and hoping to do that again for the Jules Verne, but that might have been a fluke.

Kenny Dumas

Super Anarchist
Oregon
Doldrums almost non existent ~10 knot minimum forecast. And he just might get a lucky window to the cape. Pretty unusual South Atlantic right now.

Latest posts