Those who do know shit about tools

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
To the OP.
I was looking to hire a pressure washer.
On the hire site "specials"
WTF is a concrete vibrator? Looks like a baseball bat with a motor on the handle. :unsure:
Something everyone's S&M dungeon needs?
1664765382755.png

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Thanks, I appreciate what you say. My thoughts were to attach at the end of the bench so that it wasn’t in the way all the time, and use the trusted old Record Vise for most other stuff. (3” thick Jarrah planks should be sufficiently strong). My problem is sourcing the Vise here. I noticed a variety of reproduction. The Tucker veritas looks good though expensive and apparently unobtainable. The Woodcraft version though cheaper also seems unobtainable at present. Then there’s bits of Emmerts about, again in North America.

see if you can get an ,

ERWIN Woodworking Vise, 6-1/2-Inch​

from amazon, they're $22 in the states...

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
To the OP.
I was looking to hire a pressure washer.
On the hire site "specials"
WTF is a concrete vibrator? Looks like a baseball bat with a motor on the handle. :unsure:
Something everyone's S&M dungeon needs?
View attachment 544381
Get your mind out of the gutter. It vibrates concrete. Shaking a pour of concrete ensures that it flows down/around all the steel, lets air pockets rise to the surface.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Get your mind out of the gutter. It vibrates concrete. Shaking a pour of concrete ensures that it flows down/around all the steel, lets air pockets rise to the surface.
Ah. wet concrete.

amazing what one learns here .
The mental image of some burly builders in singlets and droopy drawers, walking up and down a dry slab with that thing in hand was kind of weird. :D

Last edited:

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Many years and two owners ago a customer had me paint some hot pink on the underside of his trimaran for visibility safety when flipped purposes.

On the back wall of the shop we have lots of crappy combination wrenches hung on nails .
They kept wandering to wrong places and I hate it when tools are less tgat super easy to find.

So I painted all the wrenches hot pink.
They quit disappearing

Latest posts