Thread Necromancy - pick the best quotes from the past 2 years

MauganTornado

Super Anarchist
Some of you guys have had bookmarked quotes saved for years. I know you have. Nemesis has already started digging up good ole fashioned threads where people spout off about shit they had no idea about and now look really stupid. Given that hindsight is 20/20, lets see some of the best quotes over the past 2 years. Quote the Quote and then provide a link to the post in its original thread. This way we're not dragging up old fucking threads to the top :)

Maybe I'll buy a dryshirt for the winner :p

jonsailor

Super Anarchist
Some of you guys have had bookmarked quotes saved for years. I know you have. Nemesis has already started digging up good ole fashioned threads where people spout off about shit they had no idea about and now look really stupid. Given that hindsight is 20/20, lets see some of the best quotes over the past 2 years. Quote the Quote and then provide a link to the post in its original thread. This way we're not dragging up old fucking threads to the top :)
Maybe I'll buy a dryshirt for the winner :p
You must admit, Marian had some clangers.......but I'm not going there......RIP.

And who kept calling BOR a "dump truck".fuck, that was funny?? still wiping the egg off!! :lol:

Tony-F18

Super Anarchist
+31
Hate to interrupt you guys during with your chestbeating ceremony, but shouldn't you wait till BMWO has actually won the cup? Just an idea.

cblurton

Peelman should combine the two existing threads for these kinds of "rub it in" messages and title it "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I, for one, would enjoy looking back at some of the classic posts of DBRT, Norberto, GMT, and others.

As to your comment Tony, consider what this board would be like had Alinghi proven itself to be the better boat in race one. BMW Oracle is a vastly superior boat/rig to Alinghi for this AC race full-stop, and a bit of chest beating about that after two years of speculation seems understandable and fine to me.

The only hope for Bertarelli and company is a complete breakdown of BMW Oracle. I think you know that. Would that constitute "winning on the water?" Would Bertarelli savor the win even with an asterisk next to the result in every subsequent history written about the Cup?

nemesis

Anarchist
I agree with Tony (this time)... no point popping the champagne now... and I personally hate sore winners more than sore losers. Hell, I'm so superstitious I didn't even think about a victory lap until after the Lombardi trophy safely landed at MSY!

I was just curious about some of the reactions back in the day when the whole cat v tri thing started (in terms of this AC). I recall this whole contingent of folks saying the tri didn't have a chance simply because it was a tri.

And I really liked the one quote by Indio...

"BMWO now realise they will have to come up with something special if they are to prevail in February-2010."

DC_US55

Super Anarchist
Excuse me...but who the hell is chest thumping in this particular thread?!

Of all threads to drop that accusation on....this ONE?!

HTFU!

A cup is about to come to a conclusion in one or two more races.

Either way, what are the best quotes seems like a fun (if not repetitive) thread!

EB: "I have absolutely no regrets and no frustration. Actually I quite enjoyed myself on the water today. It’s racing, you win, you lose that is part of the game. We gave everything we have got over the last two and a half years. So there there is nothing to be frustrated about or ashamed about. Again, the Cup is not over. We still have one race to go. They have to cross the line, finish the race and score two points."

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparbuilder

Anarchist
I know that it was not a very popular qoute at the time, but:

Larry Ellison: "I think we're going to win, unless they cheat." :D

SB

Last edited by a moderator: