Thwaites Glacier

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Why do you continue listening to the those that have lied to you?
Maybe because I am hoping that if/when we all have to migrate north into Canada, they will already have realized we don't need to be shot and then hung up on some border wall fence as hideous examples..

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus
... When the last Ice Age ended, there have been many ice ages, the glacier began to melt. Nothing to worry about. Not a thing we can do about “global warming “ man , animals and plant life will adapt.
Animals will adapt, migrate or die out with a change over 1,000's or 10,000's of years.
The Great Barrier Reef would change, corals that do well in warmer climes would proliferate at higher latitudes if given 10's of thousands of years.
Not 100's of years, this isn't some marketing ploy by companies, this is fact backed up by many scientific disciplines.
Watch the video I linked in post #2, that is where you have been lied to.

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus
LMAO, man can't even adapt to a new traffic light on their corner
To Quote the great George Carlin, the earth is doing fine humans are fucked
Isn't that just an oversimplification for a joke?
I mean if you take 'the earth' to include the plankton, corals and life then no, the Earth isn't doing fine.
Nor will it for a long time if we fuck it up, 2 million years ???
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2019/sep/ecosystems-take-two-million-years-recover-after-mass-extinctions

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Truly shocking

1663461051473.png

3to1

Super Anarchist
I mean if you take 'the earth' to include the plankton, corals and life then no, the Earth isn't doing fine.
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2019/sep/ecosystems-take-two-million-years-recover-after-mass-extinctions
exactly, carlin shit the bed with that particular bit, it bothers me every time it's referenced. it's shit.
Animals will adapt, migrate or die out with a change over 1,000's or 10,000's of years.
The Great Barrier Reef would change, corals that do well in warmer climes would proliferate at higher latitudes if given 10's of thousands of years.
Not 100's of years, this isn't some marketing ploy by companies, this is fact backed up by many scientific disciplines.
Watch the video I linked in post #2, that is where you have been lied to.
more like the he's lying to himself, the legit info is right at his finger tips (and in front of his eyes) like it is for anybody. he's a ratfuck, that's why he lies to himself (then blows it out in public).

Last edited:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Not 100's of years....

The problem here is that people not only can't do math, they have a basic inability to grasp the significance of numbers. Hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, billions, 10^63, it's all "many" to them. The dinosaurs died out about the same time George Washington lived. Bill Gates' wealth is just slightly more than their neighbor who has a new Cadillac SUV.

A while back, one of my religious zealot acquaintances (who meant well) tried to show me an "educational" video disproving evolution, in which a guy wearing a lab coat lectured that because life had not spontaneously arisen in jars of peanut butter over the last 100 years (he couldn't even be bothered to look up how long peanut butter has been marketed in jars), that life could not have arisen in tidal zones over millions of years. I started to show her just how utterly fucked the math of this was, then realized it was like trying to explain Renaissance art to a dog.

[edit to add] neither the bible-study woman nor the lecturer seemed to have the slightest clue about the difference between "evolution" and the origin of life. If the topic comes up, I generally tell people that electricity is not mentioned in the bible either, does that mean it's a sin to "believe in" electricity? And that evolution is just as much a matter of proven scientific principle as electricity or gravity.

Last edited:

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
yeah, by about multiples of a hundred. ecocide, at this point that's our legacy. fucking staggering.
The blue ball will remain. Here is a view of how important that is to the solar system. The Universe might not even notice.
Blue dot cassini.jpg
Blue Dot Earth from Saturn.jpg

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Those beautiful curved slopes were caused by the flow of a glacier. The glacier was at least as high as the top of the mountains in the photo. When the last Ice Age ended, there have been many ice ages, the glacier began to melt. Nothing to worry about. Not a thing we can do about “global warming “ man , animals and plant life will adapt.
Where did all the water go?

Last edited:

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
The blue ball will remain. Here is a view of how important that is to the solar system. The Universe might not even notice.
Sure, but do you think life on the 3rd rock from the Sun might notice?

Next time you take a flight, say from Seattle to Dublin, take a look at how delicate the altitude balance is between where the mountain snow is and is not.

Our atmosphere is comparable to the shell of a chicken egg, it is that thin.

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Probably should have used purple for the Carlin joke, my error
Yes, so many irreversible, things in our ocean are happening, AMOC slowing down, Ice free Artic, Alaska snow crabs missing, lobster migration, from LIS to the Gulf of Maine to?? (Talking to an old Maine Lobsterman "making living getting harder" why No/little lobsters)
So many Deniers say it's not happening, And they will be the first one to say we should have warned them!
With Thwaites collapse, how long to feel the effect? Remember, this year when Tonga blew up it only took 11 hours for the wave to sink boats in California, 12000 miles away.

3to1

Super Anarchist
What, that the the X axis represents just 1.2 degrees? Who the fuck is Ben Gregory anyway? Is he and eminent climate change scientist or just a dude who makes graphs on the Internet? Very trump like to post information like this old boy. Perhaps a cite might be called for?
look at you. the 'cite' is that we're fucking the biosphere of a planet to death, old boy.
that graph actually tells a very grim tale.

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus
The problem here is that people not only can't do math, they have a basic inability to grasp the significance of numbers. Hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, billions, 10^63, it's all "many" to them.
Are these the kinds of people who make disparaging remarks about the memories of fish?
Would they beat a fish at math???

Latest posts