Tiger FT #20

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Great! Congrats Alan. I just told my dogs. They were very impressed. Where can I learn more about this race? What was the competition like?

LarryE

Anarchist
Florida
Go to Yacht Scoring and you will see the link on the right.

The competition was rather stiff a Tiger won by a good margin.

LarryE

Anarchist
Florida
At the start Sailflow was saying 17 with gust to 22.

Should have been a deep reach.

Maybe Alan can fill us in.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
It was a LOT of fun. I've done that race somewhere north of 25 times, and I've never done it in four hours flat. Of course, a good number of those where from when it started in Miami and we didn't finish until well after dark, in weather so cold it took hours for the pod to drop back down....

Shorts, t-shirt, 16-18 ESE, dropping and easing aft a bit probably 2/3 of the way down the track. Light boat, four boys on board, two of whom were pretty big. Very enjoyable trip and fun to be drinking rum at 2:30 pm on the dock in PB.

QMN

Anarchist
Wirth Munroe race is run annually the first weekend of December...

As Sol mentioned the race distance has changed in the many years it has been raced, currently it is raced from Ft Lauderdale to Palm Beach with an official race distance of 36 NM ( if I remember correctly )...it is sponsored the Sailfish Club of Palm Beach with the assistance of Ft Lauderdale YC, hosting the skippers meeting and starting the fleet... a great event in itself... if is a fun race, perfect distance for a day of racing and enjoying the after race festivities....probably about as good as they can get...

Tiger #20 and crew did a great job in winning PHRF A...the longest waterline was a Swan 80, and field of other hot boats... see yachtscoring for details... for info about next year / history about the race, google Wirth Munroe race

Way to Alan, Chris, and others

Jerryd

Anarchist
Looks like Tiger dropped out and headed in to Boot Key before making it to Key West? The Hobie 33's were making it tough! Maybe equipment failure?

Jerryd

Anarchist
So anyone know what happened to Alan's boat or why they didn't finish.

Maybe because I wasn't aboard ;-)