Tin Man meets Hot Rod?

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
image.png

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/d/napa-50-ft-aluminum-hull-huge-cabins/7160139588.html

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
So, someone took part of the tin can and build s structure on top of it? It seems the two amas are gone

For reference:

image.png

And yes this is the same marina. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
So, If I've got this right, someone took the old Tin Can, kept the center hull and built a double-wide Airstream on it, and someone else picked up the old amas, crossbeams and other associated recycling rejects from the Can and put on a new center hull and now wants to sail to the Philippines?

KC375

Super Anarchist
Northern Hemisphere
So, If I've got this right, someone took the old Tin Can, kept the center hull and built a double-wide Airstream on it, and someone else picked up the old amas, crossbeams and other associated recycling rejects from the Can and put on a new center hull and now wants to sail to the Philippines?

I can't recall who coined the term fractal mistake but it fits...one mistake a refraction of the other at different scale

Bugsy

Super Anarchist
Canada
The tragedy is this guy didn't complete the boat and sail it. That would have kept us all entertained for years!  

Sad and pathetic waste of time and money to build something that has no value at all (ok, it has comedic value, but that's all).  

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay

An airstream is a lot better looking... 

what a waste of resources. 

Liquid

Super Anarchist
So wait... this dude got the ama's and rig and left the rest?

View attachment 375413
There are 4 tubes and 2 square tubes for each amas. What stops them from departing this fine yacht after an ama buries into a wave? I hear there are waves in the ocean.

Where is any sense of diagonal support? So when the ama get's sheared off the bow wire will keep it nice and close to the boat!