Tom Neill, Chicago, RIP

Irishdriver

Super Anarchist
Chicago
Just got word that Tom passed on to sailing in the heavens. I knew him for a long time, almost 30 years. He died after a very courageous battle with cancer. Too bummed to say more now, as this was also the 3rd Chicago sailor death this week (Ben Kramer and Karen Utterback too).

God bless Amy and his children.

Irishdriver

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Condolences to the family and all the people Tom has touched. What a battle, and how amazing that he was able to sail so much for so much longer than anyone thought. Fair winds.

Clancy

RIP Tom.

He gave me my nickname that I use here. He joked that I had a "fancy Canadian name" so he would just call me Clancy instead.

A good person who will be missed.

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Sincere condolences to Amy, and Tom's family and friends. I had the pleasure of sailing against Tom for the last several years, and have the utmost admiration for his indomitable spirit, character and the way he handled himself through the long battle with cancer. The sailing community has lost a great one, and the Chicago sailing community yet another.

Fair winds.

Last edited by a moderator:

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Sail on Tom!

boats_010.jpg

DC/Chicago

Anarchist
Chicago
Wow,

Very tough week in the Chicago area.Tom has touched people in many other areas of this country.

Amy ,God bless you and may God give you strenght .My condolences to the whole family.

Dorin

Messy Jessy

lartaunt

Super Anarchist
Only knew Tom by reputation and through the people who worked on his boats in Muskegon every winter but always great people and always a class act. The Great Lakes sailing community has lost a legend and he will be missed. My condolances to all his family and the friends who knew him better than I. Fair winds!

caribou

chicago
A true legend, who made the sport better for all. God bless his family and team.

Fair winds Tom. You will be greatly missed!

JoeO

Super Anarchist
Chicago
Aww geez. Sigh.

Bye, Tom. Thanks, for all you did, your generosity, your good humor, your positive attitude.

Your left the world - our part of it, at least - better for having been here.

Mayhem

Having sailed with Tom abit & against him a ton over the years...he was truly one of the GREAT ones in the sport of yacht racing.

His straightforward approach and awesome sense of humor will be missed by the many people he touched.

SAIL ON TOM!!

Fair Winds and Following Seas...

Latest posts