TotalBoat Products - experience with them

Soho

Bermuda..
I have been seeing more and more advertising from Jamestown Distributors on their expanding line of TotalBoat products, - epoxies, adhesives etc what are people finding in actual use ?

Soho

Bermuda..
I have been seeing more and more advertising from Jamestown Distributors on their expanding line of TotalBoat products, - epoxies, adhesives etc what are people finding in actual use ?
Add on to original question - does anybody know the pedigree behind Totalboat, I have not Googled to find out, but are they exclusive to JD and then maybe a commissioned house brand or are they global in any way ?

DRDNA

Anarchist
Ventucky
I've used the 5:1 epoxy resin. Even with slow hardener it cures fairly fast, and so far it seems to be just fine.
Was it clear or yellowed?
well, as I recall it looks about like fresh west systems . After curing- I have no idea as I've made putty from it, and added white pigment. I'm sure the hardener will turn browner as it gets old like west systems.

eliboat

Super Anarchist
My friend has been using Total Boat varnishes, and so far they seem to be decent. I'm sure they are sourcing all of their products from real vendors... it would be interesting to know who. The only epoxy product that I have tried that has been consistently BAD (different batches) is MAR-PRO. Their epoxy has never cured properly for me, and having worked professionally with all manner of epoxies, including many custom brews with industrial products, I am certain that this is not an issue of user error.

Bruno

Super Anarchist
Had some variation in cure with 5:1, pump kmetering seemed to be 6:1, was not that stoked, heard it was from a good source but ended up sticking with Gougeon. Some fillers were ok, some not so much, balloons were saggy. Varnish seems to be a converted quick drying type.

eliboat

Super Anarchist
Balloons are always saggy. They're not thicsotropic like cabosil, and even a really thick and goopy mix will sag.