TP 52 Cruiser

pulpit

Super Anarchist
Sure, you've got all the time in the world to sit there and wait while your electric winch spins.

And what is the point of sailing a TP52 if you're going to be reefed all the time and using your frac kite? Why not just get a Beneteau or SC-52 and be done with it?
Left Shift,

Because they got the boat at the right price.

Pulpit

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
1669945814689.png

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
I think it looks good. Nonskid in the cockpit looks weirdly dirty for a fresh paint job but it’s probably just in need of a wash.

1669990039077.png

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
You could put that tp52 on a trailer … move it to the beach, hollow out the deck with a saw , add a few umbrellas and turn it into a nice beamy beach bar

Tacoma Mud Flats

Have star, will steer by
Has the God of TP 52s ever weighed in on this thread?

Asking for a friend.

There seems to be 132 pages of gospel available on the subject.

Last edited:

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
This boat was, as I understand it, a case of the woman involved, Annika, deciding that the derelict boat was hers to resurrect, was going to be resurrected as a fast performance cruiser that went racing sometimes, with an electric drive to prove it could be done, and she wouldn't take no as an answer.

One gets the impression that when Annika wants it done, it gets done. Good on her, the boat is far better than it was new. These folks worked their guts out on this boat and good on them.

A new boat would likely have been cheaper, but that wasn't the point at all. Look at the folks that look after the J boats. Same idea, but on a smaller scale.

Ex Machina

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Has the God of TP 52s ever weighed in on this thread?

Asking for a friend.

There seems to be 132 pages of gospel available on the subject.

far out , what a wordsmith that dude is .

atnan

Alameda, CA
I don't understand how they're planning to qualify for the Sydney to Hobart. They've said on Facebook that the crew is doing qualifying races on other people's boats which would satisfy the crew requirement for the double handed division, but doesn't the boat need to have done a 150nm+ qualifying race in 2022?

Gorn FRANTIC!!

Super Anarchist
I don't understand how they're planning to qualify for the Sydney to Hobart. They've said on Facebook that the crew is doing qualifying races on other people's boats which would satisfy the crew requirement for the double handed division, but doesn't the boat need to have done a 150nm+ qualifying race in 2022?
Doesn't need to be a race, it can be a continuous passage instead of, so the delivery down to Sydney for the race will count as their qualification I imagine.

Reactions: Mid

Latest posts