Transat Jacques Vabre 2021

PaulK

Super Anarchist
The Ultimes are going a lot faster than the 50's. Sodebo has caught up a LOT on Actual.  If only they could stay on starboard tack, off their damaged foil. The Class 40's look like a rugby scrum leaving the Canaries. The IMOCAs are also quite tight. Everyone must be getting a bit tired by now, no? 

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
The Ultimes are going a lot faster than the 50's. Sodebo has caught up a LOT on Actual.  If only they could stay on starboard tack, off their damaged foil. The Class 40's look like a rugby scrum leaving the Canaries. The IMOCAs are also quite tight. Everyone must be getting a bit tired by now, no? 
Conditions this year were very mild, whole fleet slept like a groundhog.

csm_groundhog_day_bde5f87575.jpg
Douching aboard Maxi Edmond the Rothschild:

Video of opening öf the "Fort de France"Harbor in Martinique:

Last edited by a moderator:

tDot

BC
Impressive that LinkedOut has increased their lead, over Apivia, by almost 40miles in the last 12 hours.  I hope Thomas can pull off the win.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
Impressive that LinkedOut has increased their lead, over Apivia, by almost 40miles in the last 12 hours.  I hope Thomas can pull off the win.
Jonas Gerkens (Belgian) and Benoit Hantzperg are 13.7 nm behind the leader of the fleet in Open 40.
Congrats Belgian friends. Out best men are currently in 40th posttion, left behind by the fleet. Something went wrong.
Gerkens.PNG
Sec Hayay position.PNG

Boink

Super Anarchist
 The Class 40's look like a rugby scrum leaving the Canaries. 
Fair observation, poor geography......

Think you mean Cape Verde Islands! ;)

Think that those who have gone wide and South will win in the long run over those who cut the corner tight and or who wriggled through the islands.

The. Tracker is very simplistic in the standings. 100% on DTF. No accounting for positing for pressure or forecast. Look at how Tequila tumbled in the rankings since Friday yet has maintained their overall position to leader and has maintained good speed.

Non existent trades per se, so a long and tortuous crossing from Cape Verde to Finish.

Long way to go for this fleet.

Laurent

Super Anarchist
Houston
And Sodebo, who has nothing to lose, is trying something very, very, VERY different after Sao Pedro e Sao Paulo mark...

I can see that they want to avoid the patch of light wind that made everybody else gibe endlessly along the exclusion zone; but is it going to work all the way to Martinique?

As they passed the last mark, they were about 240 miles behind Actual, on a broad reach port tack. We shall see.

At least, it spices up a bit the end of the race for the Ultims, which to me, look a bit like "follow the leader", even if I have a hard time to admit it.

Schakel

Dayboat sailor
It's inevitable, the mighty maxi Edmond the Rothschild will win.
You know the guy from the IMF, most money, most knowledge, most power in the world.
The americans just do not know it yet,  is a Consciousness_Project

Better then america's cup, faster (on the long run), cleaner, healthier, more honest.

tDot

BC
And Sodebo, who has nothing to lose, is trying something very, very, VERY different after Sao Pedro e Sao Paulo mark...

I can see that they want to avoid the patch of light wind that made everybody else gibe endlessly along the exclusion zone; but is it going to work all the way to Martinique?

As they passed the last mark, they were about 240 miles behind Actual, on a broad reach port tack. We shall see.

At least, it spices up a bit the end of the race for the Ultims, which to me, look a bit like "follow the leader", even if I have a hard time to admit it.
That is an interesting move.  Looking at the wind forecast, it does look like they just might be able to stay on their undamaged foil for the vast majority of the time to Martinique.

Laurent

Super Anarchist
Houston
That is an interesting move.  Looking at the wind forecast, it does look like they just might be able to stay on their undamaged foil for the vast majority of the time to Martinique.
I think it must have played a big part in their decision, indeed. It might be starboard tack all the way to Martinique, and they would have lost too much time on port tack to the exclucion zone (?)

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
I think it must have played a big part in their decision, indeed. It might be starboard tack all the way to Martinique, and they would have lost too much time on port tack to the exclucion zone (?)
Could pay handsomely. Wouldn't that be something of an upset? ;-)

934933623_ScreenShot2021-11-22at10_34_37AM.png

PIL66 - XL2

Super Anarchist
Stralya
It's the absolute depth of Schakel's sailing knowledge, yet he persists.
Settle..... it is Anarchy

I find it pretty foolish you guys making these personal attacks, now you all will require the last bon mot thus continuing the attacks, insults and swearing ad infinitum. Keyboard warriors one and all, a good number of interesting threads here degenerate into name calling etc. to absolutely no purpose.
It's weird how much the world has changed since this place started..... Back in the day the personal attacks would be expected and commenting on who the hottest female sailor is would have started on the first page before the race start
Everyone's so politically correct and nicey nicey...... 
Lets not take it too seriously.... life I mean 

Tomfl

Settle..... it is Anarchy

It's weird how much the world has changed since this place started..... Back in the day the personal attacks would be expected and commenting on who the hottest female sailor is would have started on the first page before the race start
Everyone's so politically correct and nicey nicey...... 
Lets not take it too seriously.... life I mean 
I hear peeps like to see boobies so enjoy.

sailinganarchyboobies.jpg