Transpac 2017

Miffy

Super Anarchist
What fake scandal? I must have missed all this. 

Dude may not be everyone's fav but he's not a passive aggressive desk jockey more interested in his own voice than actually sailing. 

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
What fake scandal? I must have missed all this. 

Dude may not be everyone's fav but he's not a passive aggressive desk jockey more interested in his own voice than actually sailing. 
maybe creating was a strong word, promoting a fake scandal of the skipper and the bosses wife. search bar is your friend in this case.

Miffy

Super Anarchist
Uh forget that then. Maybe the CEO hat refused to advertise on this site and they can't deal with it. 

Well spotted !!!!!
back to our regularly scheduled program....(don't let the children distract you).

Gotta say that I imagine the vibe on board Merlin and Pyewacket must be intense AND FUN.  They are clearly in sight of each other at times and, let's face it, for the pyewacket boys it must be difficult to see YOUR MOM OWNING YOUR ASS AT THE GYM.

GauchoGreg

Super Anarchist
On the front page there's this passive aggressive cunt congratulations to Comanche and KR. What did he do? Refuse an interview or exclusive tour of the boat?
Yeah, was wondering about that.  I guess they don't like Ken because he has the keys to a kickass boat and would never make a douchebag comment like the ed(s) did on the FP (if you are the kind of loser to make that kind of comment, you don't like those that would not).

GauchoGreg

Super Anarchist
back to our regularly scheduled program....(don't let the children distract you).

Gotta say that I imagine the vibe on board Merlin and Pyewacket must be intense AND FUN.  They are clearly in sight of each other at times and, let's face it, for the pyewacket boys it must be difficult to see YOUR MOM OWNING YOUR ASS AT THE GYM.
absolutely, those guys on Merlin & Pyewacket are going to be having a hell of a lot of fun through to the finish, and are likely going to be pretty tired, racing for so long within sight of eachother.

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
WA
 Mighty Merloe's record is awesome, well deserved and took down some titans.  But those aren't old sails and you think Peyron races for free sandwhiches?  I ain't taking away from Enloe's victory, it was well earned, impressive, inspiring.  We all love when the underdogs win, when the little guy beats the bigs.  But to take away anyone else's victory just shows how small and delicate the eds' egos really are.  I loved watching Commanche and making that girl shine takes a lot of cash and talent.  But that takes nothing away from their record. Bravo to every one who accomplishes these great feats...especially to Mighty Merloe but also to Commanche.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
Goddamn i'm sick of Clean and Scooter's bullshit.  What asshats.  Mighty Merloe's record is awesome, well deserved and took down some titans.  But those aren't old sails and you think Peyron races for free sandwhiches?  I ain't taking away from Enloe's victory, it was well earned, impressive, inspiring.  We all love when the underdogs win, when the little guy beats the bigs.  But to take away anyone else's victory just shows how small and delicate the eds' egos really are.  I loved watching Commanche and making that girl shine takes a lot of cash and talent.  But that takes nothing away from their record. Bravo to every one who accomplishes these great feats...especially to Mighty Merloe but also to Commanche.
agreed. hopefully the author owns up . 

back to the scheduled programming , congrats ken read and comanche !

agreed. hopefully the author owns up . 

back to the scheduled programming , congrats ken read and comanche !
yes, ken and company deserve immense respect.  He articulated what comanche was built for before the race (the big 5 ocean races' records) and nocked yet another one off the list (plus many others).  How could you not respect that?  Geez.

hbsurfer

Great race.  Has anyone here sailed on a RP45?  Going like gang busters and carrying a crew of 10 vs 5 folks on the J 125.  How much rail meat would you need to buoy race?  Over 10 feet of draft.

SeaGul

Super Anarchist
Oslo Norway
As a multifan - even I can see that Comanche is a fantastic boat - and for part of the race she almost had pace of the multis in front. Then it highlighted multis weak point - downwind in not so much wind. Then we gybe back and forth and never gets away from the fast monos - its a little disturbing at times. So why editor feels the need to bash Comanche -i dont know - and its not good - there is someone that spends a lot of money in sailing and is in the forefront of tech - so it good for all sailors. 

...but then this is SA - not going totally with the money-stream - so...

Billy Bob

New Zealand
 While Comanche out moneyed The monos for what is a record only a few Transpac's ago they would not have been allowed to race (It exceeded the rating cap for the barn door trophy) They had one competitor. While they sailed a good race, in '98 we did it on Merlin in Pac Cup less than a day off their pace. So they were not pressed that hard. Just a nice steady wind and solid race for them. Cool boat though and if there is no limit to future Transpac's there record will eventually fall to someone with more money and a bigger penis extension. So I can understand the comments or sentiments on the front page. The second best racing (behind the Multis) is the race between all the 70's and 52's. Good close racing! Watching this race I feel I was born 30 years to soon.

Latest posts