Transpac 2017

opusone

Anarchist
There are now 41 boats entered - about 13 more at this point than in 2015. There are a few inquiries from crews looking for boats to charter - so if you guys know of some capable boats available on the West Coast - please send the information to the Transpac Board.

Cheers,

opusone

And rough numbers for shipping a TP52 from Australia to LA is about $40k plus $1500 for 20' container. This does not include clearance charges. Got the numbers from a Yacht Broker Friend.

DrMom

There are now 41 boats entered - about 13 more at this point than in 2015. There are a few inquiries from crews looking for boats to charter - so if you guys know of some capable boats available on the West Coast - please send the information to the Transpac Board.

Cheers,

opusone

And rough numbers for shipping a TP52 from Australia to LA is about $40k plus $1500 for 20' container. This does not include clearance charges. Got the numbers from a Yacht Broker Friend.
I am a sailor looking to crew! Anyone needing a sailor lady, I can supply a CV of sorts

opusone

Anarchist
Reminder that March 1 is the deadline for fully paid standard entry fee. The price goes up a fair bit after that. Currently at 43 boats registered with about 10 more in the wings.

Cheers,

opusone

Lat21

Pacific NW
Fujin just entered. We are racing the Caribbean 600 in a couple weeks and then three more regattas in the Caribbean. In mid April we leave St Maarten for a 4000 mile delivery through the canal to Long Beach with a stopover in the San Blas islands. What could go wrong?

There are now 4 multihulls entered including the Orma 60 Mighty Merloe and the Gunboat 62 Chim Chim. I think we'll see at least a couple more.

opusone

Anarchist
49 boats entered with four J-125s, should be a great race.
There are also 9 SC 50/52's, with Flaca and Allure possibly entering in the next couple weeks making 11 for the class. In addition to the 4 - J125's, there is talk of the Farr 400 entering with the Andrews 40 which is currently under going some mods.

there should be around 60 entries by the end of this month (March 1 deadline for regular fees)...

Are you going on another J boat?

Cheers,

opusone

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
49 boats entered with four J-125s, should be a great race.
There are also 9 SC 50/52's, with Flaca and Allure possibly entering in the next couple weeks making 11 for the class. In addition to the 4 - J125's, there is talk of the Farr 400 entering with the Andrews 40 which is currently under going some mods.

there should be around 60 entries by the end of this month (March 1 deadline for regular fees)...

Are you going on another J boat?

Cheers,

opusone
can't wait to follow it.

opusone

Anarchist
Yes, I'm going on the great yacht Resolute....

See y'all in a couple of weeks to make sure you don't three-peat the Islands Race!
I am OK losing to Tim - he seems to beat us every Transpac by 1 place. Now with him carrying a little extra weight (bodies) to Hawaii - we may have a chance...

Seadon is our good luck charm for the Islands Race - see you soon.

opusone

tfuller

Chris, I figured I'd bring a couple of trimmers this time vs. '15. It gets boring out there with nobody to talk to, and you can't trim the kite! I'm just going to sit in the back of the bus and go for a ride. Good luck in the Islands Race. Tim

opusone

Anarchist
Transpac is up to 60 boats now, with international entries from Australia, Japan, Canada, Norway, Italy and Great Britain. March 1 is last day to pay standard entry fee, and May 30 is the last day to sign up.

Invisible Hand just signed up last night, and Phaedo 3 is scheduled to sign up in the next day or so.

Cheers,

opusone

blunderfull

Super Anarchist
Transpac is up to 60 boats now, with international entries from Australia, Japan, Canada, Norway, Italy and Great Britain. March 1 is last day to pay standard entry fee, and May 30 is the last day to sign up.

Invisible Hand just signed up last night, and Phaedo 3 is scheduled to sign up in the next day or so.

Cheers,

opusone
Asked one of the crew and he said it's a go for them. Bitchin' boat she is. Those guys got some real class and energy about them, hoping there's some breeze.