Transpac 2021

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Warrior Won has clocked 40 miles more than Badpak over their last 24 hour run. That thing is smoking and will be hard to beat for Overall Handicap.! 

shoeby11

Either they have had their own wind for days or it sure seems that Farr 57 was in the wrong start!!
Would love to see them finish first, but @ +20kts, Pyewacket is probably cracking off the miles too quickly.  It will be fun to watch for sure.

yoyo

Anarchist
Would be cool to see GI win another overall.  Then they would hold the record for most overall wins at 4.

1999, 2011 & 2015 ....... her first was over 20 yrs ago.

Looks like a tough ask with the way WW is tearing down the course.

atwinda

Anarchist
Would love to see them finish first, but @ +20kts, Pyewacket is probably cracking off the miles too quickly.  It will be fun to watch for sure.
Yeah, up-until Pyewacket starting their 20knot + average, I thought the Farr 57 was going to be able to hold them off. Great folks on both teams.

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Yeah, up-until Pyewacket starting their 20knot + average, I thought the Farr 57 was going to be able to hold them off. Great folks on both teams.
I think Pyewacket and Lucky will get them as well. After these 2 can you believe it will be a 52 Footer.! Warrior Won blowing away all the other bigger boats in their group. 

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
This thread should go down as one of the most boring of all time. Glad it's over in many ways. For such an Iconic Race notwithstanding CoVid19 participation was at an all time Low.! 

yoyo

Anarchist
Still some close races going on.  Final approach/gybe will be key for these guys.

• Triumph/Horizon
  • GI/Pied Piper

The 52's have been a pretty consistent weapon for doing well in handicap in TPac for many years now.  Good combo of early surfing and sustained speeds.  Maybe with normal trade winds the bigger boats get a bit stuck/held back negotiating the swells.  That is unless its a Turbo V70 :) - Pye had an impressive elapsed time and only a couple hundred miles extra distance sailed.

Those Rodgers 46's have had the hammer down - pretty impressive average speeds.

atwinda

Anarchist
Well done to the team on the Farr 57! Only let one of those new fangled fast boats sneak by them before the finish!

atwinda

Anarchist
I think Pyewacket and Lucky will get them as well. After these 2 can you believe it will be a 52 Footer.! Warrior Won blowing away all the other bigger boats in their group. 
Gotta feel bad for the guys on BadPak.. their old boat passed them, and I'm pretty sure that R/P 63 is ex Azhou / Invisible Hand which was usually got the better of the STP 65/68 when it was around.

MPH

Super Anarchist
NW
At least Bad Pak is ahead of the Pac 52 that beat them back when they had their Pac 52!

weightless

Super Anarchist
Historically speaking Maxi 72s tend to lose the rig at inopportune times
Sadly, that seems plausible. I overheard some of the CG's side of a conversation with them but couldn't make out any detail. It looks like the live tracker has them drifting towards the finish.

solosailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
Gotta feel bad for the guys on BadPak.. their old boat passed them, and I'm pretty sure that R/P 63 is ex Azhou / Invisible Hand which was usually got the better of the STP 65/68 when it was around.
I believe it's the sister build....   ex-Loki.   The ex-Limit that raced to Hawaii a few times as Invisible Hand was optimized for offshore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Sadly, that seems plausible. I overheard some of the CG's side of a conversation with them but couldn't make out any detail. It looks like the live tracker has them drifting towards the finish.
So...What's up with WW?  The 200nm tracker shows her doing 0 knots and heading due north.  Transmission failure?

Last edited by a moderator:

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Recall that Bad Pak (Pac 52) was 2nd OA in 2017 and, wait it for it, Invisible Hand (now Callisto) was 1st OA.  Right boat for the course, apparently.

And Callisto has two people from Hamachi (1st OA 2019) onboard.  So, no surprise that good boats with good people are doing well.  
i guess that's why they call them transpac 52's...

Latest posts