Transpac 2021

Kolibri

Haleiwa, HI
So, Merlin is expressing interest. And rumor has it there will be an OEX representative on the line. Who's next?
Yo Tom! Here's a shot from 2013.

We moved back to the North Shore last fall. 

Cheers,

Phil

pm_2013_07_22_153.jpg

Adrift

Fantastic shot! 

A great boat and crew locking in another Transpac class win. 

Hopefully a few more 50s show up for Transpac. It was disappointing to see Horizon was the only one that did an amazing Newport to Cabo Race. 

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
The Stan Honey Navigation seminar will be this Saturday May 8th at 9:00. Sara Stone will be updating everyone on the latest of the ever evolving COVID protocols. That will be the best place to get the most complete information to date.

Mid

Blues Rule
Stan Honey Navigation seminar
damn , that's an event not to be missed .

anyone with a spare invite I'm seriously interested .

PM's please

STAN HONEY NAVIGATION & STRATEGY SEMINAR: THINKING THROUGH THE TRANSPAC RACE

stan-honey-seminar.jpg

Posted April 19, 2021
Saturday, May 8, 2021
9:00 am to 11:00 am PDT
ZOOM WEBINAR
(Access information will be sent out to race entries via email)

Hosted by Transpacific Yacht Club

Last edited by a moderator:

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Link to the Stan Honey Show.

I think I've attended two live and one by zoom and they just do not get old. He always says that there are others that should be giving the presentation. That is the only time he is wrong!

stief

Super Anarchist
Sask Canada
Wow--really impressed by his data source comments, and the effort he takes to make sure there's no cheating. Wonder if he tells the crew to turn off their paid weather before the race?

--good stuff about Starlink being beta tested, and the discussion about carbon sails and various satellite systems.

--really liked his discussion of day/ night squall sailing. Will be interesting to consider that for watching the TOR and VG in years to come.

--Cool that he's off to the Ultimess with Cammas for the Fastnet and advising on the TJV..

Thanks for posting Hitch. Easy to see why he's top nav, and how he likes to keep the crew happy.

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Heard Trader pulled out.  Sounds like there are some hard feeling there base don the comments.  WHen I first rewad the release it sounded reasonable but after surfing through the comments it sounds like there is more to it. Anyone?