Transpac 2021

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
It's pretty easy Terra.

One race crosses it's namesake ocean from one continent to another, the other race just crosses a small percentage of it's ocean from one US state to another... ;)
Yeah get that part. It's my brain keeps processing the Trans bit. Should be good now.!  :D

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
It's pretty easy Terra.

One race crosses it's namesake ocean from one continent to another, the other race just crosses a small percentage of it's ocean from one US state to another... ;)
if it went to japan it could maybe earn the designation, but..  they named it many moons ago and no going back now, it stuck. nice name for a race too.

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
Fan,

We are getting down to the short strokes. And, it looks like the weather should start moving into summer mode soon. I'm really looking forward to getting out in the deep blue. 

See you soon

Tom

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Fan,

We are getting down to the short strokes. And, it looks like the weather should start moving into summer mode soon. I'm really looking forward to getting out in the deep blue. 

See you soon

Tom
Yeah I hope the patterns start changing becasue it has not looked good lately!

IMR

Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Transpac YC put up the ratings for everyone yesterday.  Looking at our class Div 5 I was really surprised by Ruffless's rating.  Getting excited as things are starting to come into focus and the to do list is getting smaller not larger so that is always a good sign.  

2021 Transpac Honolulu Race on Yacht Scoring - A complete web based regatta administration and yacht scoring program
Wow nice work Rufus.   WE got Hammer down to 0.9195 for the 19 transpac and we thought that was good

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Wow nice work Rufus.   WE got Hammer down to 0.9195 for the 19 transpac and we thought that was good
Yeah and I was impressed with that.  Will be curious to see how it sits on its waterline being that the empty boat wieght is almost 700 pounds more then us.  Other then lithium batteries and enclosed head wall removal we have not done any wieght savings so seems like a lot. I mean the DK46 owes them time now we will owe them about 6 hours.  Will be intersting no matter what just looking forward to getting offshore in some wind and swell as in day 3+ not day 2 haha

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Yeah and I was impressed with that.  Will be curious to see how it sits on its waterline being that the empty boat wieght is almost 700 pounds more then us.  Other then lithium batteries and enclosed head wall removal we have not done any wieght savings so seems like a lot. I mean the DK46 owes them time now we will owe them about 6 hours.  Will be intersting no matter what just looking forward to getting offshore in some wind and swell as in day 3+ not day 2 haha
I heard that other than Tyler, the crew are all Umpa Lumpas.  Quite the weight saving there. And they're only going with frac kites.

I would be concerned about the Ker 46.  Weapon if they go in the right direction..........

MPH

Super Anarchist
NW
I heard that other than Tyler, the crew are all Umpa Lumpas.  Quite the weight saving there. And they're only going with frac kites.

I would be concerned about the Ker 46.  Weapon if they go in the right direction..........
Really??? Frac kites only on a 125??

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Is that made by a division of Unobtanium Inc,?
Only the spinnaker cloth for the infamous asso spi is made by them.

The real thing is from Hardtoobtanium Inc, I want it for my fridge/freezer, and maybe a survival suit for the  TransAntartica.

Sorry for the thread drift, back to the ½Transpac...

Last edited by a moderator:

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Not sure of the details but Ruffless is having thier certificate adjusted.  They are having having about 270lbs taken off their wieght which moves them from .9037 to .9137 so a difference of about 40 seconds an hour.  Still an impressive drop and number for a J-125

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
Not sure of the details but Ruffless is having thier certificate adjusted.  They are having having about 270lbs taken off their wieght which moves them from .9037 to .9137 so a difference of about 40 seconds an hour.  Still an impressive drop and number for a J-125
such a cool boat. perfect for that trip.

Latest posts