Transpac 2021

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
What's the weather doing gang.?
Reportedly, there will be some good EPAC conditions. ENSO is neutral. MJO is organized with an enhanced phase over the Indian ocean. Sub tropical 500 -hPa pattern supports favourable conditions. There will be some sub tropical cyclonic activity to eff up the wave direction starting on the 16th. The moon will be out at night. It will be light in the day and mostly dark at night.

Reportedly, there will be some good EPAC conditions. ENSO is neutral. MJO is organized with an enhanced phase over the Indian ocean. Sub tropical 500 -hPa pattern supports favourable conditions. There will be some sub tropical cyclonic activity to eff up the wave direction starting on the 16th. The moon will be out at night. It will be light in the day and mostly dark at night.
Cool rundown, thanks. I gotta say, I was pretty sleepy when I read this, started hearing it in Rick Moranis' voice from Ghostbusters 

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Cool rundown, thanks. I gotta say, I was pretty sleepy when I read this, started hearing it in Rick Moranis' voice from Ghostbusters 
With a British accent!  

27C76362-A218-4B6F-8518-2E84F6A30793.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Intersting activity down south on the EC model Thur next week.  Still pretty far off but one to keep an eye on. 

Damian

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
You'll be on your second drunk before that becomes a factor!
I believe you are right but with GFS showing one going North and the EC showing two going North East at the same time I'm still gonna keep an eye out. It will all become clear in time looks interesting way out though.

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
do they still do the cool dock out at shoreline like they used too? was thinking of taking my kids down to see the big boats leave the harbor.

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
No. A lot of teams are in Cabrillo Way Marina.  But no real departure fanfare as far as I know.
maybe i'll message tom and see where they are at and go there before they push off. it was always cool being on the docks before a big offshore race. i love the buzz.

Latest posts