TransPac 2023

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Oh boy getting started already. I was glad to see Transpac requires Fully measured certificates. What do you think the high will be doing :unsure:

IMR

Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Yup. The J-125's need some serious sorting out.

Oh boy getting started already. I was glad to see Transpac requires Fully measured certificates. What do you think the high will be doing :unsure:

Interesting only boats with a rating equal to or faster than a SC 50 (TP rating of 0.9300 or faster) need a Fully measured orr cert. So from the 2021 transpac one J/125 would need a full measured cert and one would not. Looking back at 2019 none of the entered 125's would have needed a full measurement.

Transpac might want to amend the NOR and lower this to anything faster then 0.90 needs a fully measured orr cert. Or better yet, just require a fully measured orr cer for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: fan

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
Transpac 2023 is under eleven months out with 30 entries from a Hobie 33 Bazinga to Rio 100. We are looking forward to another great race starting June 27th with the Aloha classes thru the Big boats on July 1st.
I hope to see you all in Honolulu!
decided who's offer you will accept yet?

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
Bigpowr,
We are going to send it. It looks like the sled class will be at least eight deep. And, we will have some serious competition with both the Andrews boats to guage against.

I'm looking forward to adding to the Grand Illusion legacy.

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
i remember racing against that boat many times in the 90's. actually beating her boat for boat to cabo one year which was a feather in my fathers cap. they are missiles in that direction. good luck brother.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
GI was tragically under crewed for most of her racing under Ed. When James took over, after a bit things got a lot more serious. Results improved dramatically. No major mods were needed to do this, just crew talent.

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
So, entry 51 is the Mod 70 Argos. We currently have three Mod 70's Argos, Orion and Snowflake. It will be fun watching them rip to Diamond Head.
Fortunately, I'll be preoccupied getting GI there ASAP.

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
It looks like we will have Maserati as the 4th Mod 70. And we have a number of optimization projects going on.
Rock n Roll (originally Vicki) Andrews 68 has been putting out the progress story of their project on FB. But, in short a new keel, internal support structure and a TP52 rig, winches and rudder.

Rag Time is going with a TP52 rig and internal reconfiguration.

Triumph SC52 is getting a new keel and sugar scoop.

Deception SC50 is going through a major refit with keel upgrade.

I'm sure there are more. But, that's all I have for today.

Merry Christmas
And can't wait for Transpac 52!

Kenny Dumas

Super Anarchist
PDX
I know, Tanya Roberts, not Tina, but you know, Thread Drift:

71C4F5E8-D0C7-4C0C-829F-031E2724E28A.jpeg

ExOmo

Best Anarchist Ever
The Great Void
Rock n Roll (originally Vicki) Andrews 68 has been putting out the progress story of their project on FB. But, in short a new keel, internal support structure and a TP52 rig, winches and rudder.

Rag Time is going with a TP52 rig and internal reconfiguration.
so excuse my ignorance and lack of desire to do the research but how do the rig dimensions of Rag and Vicki compare with a "TP52"?

Latest posts