Trophy Recommendations

Rum Runner

Rum Runner
Illinois
Hey all, our club is running a regional dingy regatta next month and we are looking for trophy recommendations. Don't want to spend too much but we want to be unique and fun.

Who have you guys used who are reliable and don't break the bank? 

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Hey all, our club is running a regional dingy regatta next month and we are looking for trophy recommendations. Don't want to spend too much but we want to be unique and fun.

Who have you guys used who are reliable and don't break the bank? 
used these guys for trophies,  fast , good work...    i got the acrylic sail,  .   like the pic below,  they look impressive  and small enough to fit into a cabinet..  didn't get the attached base .  but did get our sailboat logo engraved..

Custom  sailing awards, 7.75"H x 0.75" thick with colored bottom edges (1st Places blue, 2nd Places red, 3rd Places yellow), price including lasering      for 17 awards was $400...

http://www.sailingtrophies.com/

untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ROADKILL666

Super Anarchist
FREAKVILLE, FL
used these guys for trophies,  fast , good work...    i got the acrylic sail,  .   like the pic below,  they look impressive  and small enough to fit into a cabinet..  didn't get the attached base .  but did get our sailboat logo engraved..

Custom  sailing awards, 7.75"H x 0.75" thick with colored bottom edges (1st Places blue, 2nd Places red, 3rd Places yellow), price including lasering      for 17 awards was $400...

http://www.sailingtrophies.com/

View attachment 376696
I like those they are different than the pickle dish.

glass

planet Earth
An alternative solution is to contact your local industrial design school and offer to sponsor a design contest for a functional trophy such as a futuristic thermos bottle or similar items.

You may get a dozen functional trophies and it is a win/win situation.

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
WA
We just had these rad coffee mugs made.  Primed, painted and epoxied.  Very inexpensive.  People loved them.

20200628_220811.jpg

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
years ago ,when I was commodore of the sailing club ,the yearly trophies were getting expensive and the trophy dinner took forever, So we came up with kinda one trophy per boat ( series races ) which was a 1 ft X 2ft X1/2" thick , plaque , the top half was a brass plate etched with the boats sail plan , boat name , skippers name. Then for the trophies won there would be a brass plate 1"X 2" by an1/16" etched with the year , series or race either 1st,2nd , 3rd place, so then each year the number of plates would be add ( screwed in ) , The first was was alittle more in cost then , then each year go cheaper

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
I've always found embroidered blankets, cushions or such for budget trophies.  Or better a request to a local art school/artist for trophies if your budget is adequate, which it might be for a regional event. 

My two favorites were done by local artists for regional events. 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-15_at_11_30.46_AM.png

IMG_3769.jpg

climenuts

Anarchist
PNW
Pennants are nice and I'd assume they're cheap. People can put them in a case or show them off at future regattas.

We use Award & Sports in Saginaw, MI.  Owner is a sailor and does work for a lot of regattas with a variety of budgets.  Also makes great crew gear.

www.awardandsports.com

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
The "trophies" I have enjoyed the most? Fleece sweaters and hats. I have some pickle dishes somewhere. I have no clue where. I know where my sweaters and hats are though.

Coffee mugs can be nice too, although I must admit some have ended up at good will.