True Confessions

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Careful... after Catholic Confessions comes the fully semi-automatic Rosaries the media has been warning us about.

https://catholicdaily.com/2022/08/1...ary-as-symbol-of-far-right-violent-extremism/

Then... God's Sturmtruppen - the Nuns <shudder>
The Catholic Church "confessions" is nothing more than a "GET OUT OF JAIL< FREE CARD"
Just think if you stop committing sins (crimes) as Christ wanted, there would no need for confessions.
I remember in my catholic schools' days you went to confession every week and then you light a candle and then the stations and then say some words to some magic beads.
Funny growing up in NYC the Mafia was also giving the churches millions for their sins, now it's probably republicans.
Why can't Americans just be good honest people and tell the truth. And love everyone, can you imagine a country where politicians, just told the truth and did what there are paid for, the good of the planet and its people

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
A cow mysteriously appeared in the college trustees meeting room on the 3rd floor of a 4 storey building (with no elevators) while the trustees were out to lunch one year... That was the same year that the furniture in the President's office was meticulously turned upside down, and attached to the ceiling.
No people or cows were hurt.
cows go upstairs better than they go down :p

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
At one of our stations, the sliding doors off the patio are just wide enough that 12 guys can carry a VW bug inside and set it in the day room leaving the owner (13th guy) to wonder how the f$#@ to get it out.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
At one of our stations, the sliding doors off the patio are just wide enough that 12 guys can carry a VW bug inside and set it in the day room leaving the owner (13th guy) to wonder how the f$#@ to get it out.
Back in my hanging out on the bulkhead days , one of the regulars was a bit full of himself and his Mini Cooper ( late 60’s)
We went to the ice house around 5 AM a bought 4 blocks. Went to the guys house jacked up his car and removed each wheel and set his car back down on the blocks of ice.
Lol … he was in a furious panic on the phone to the dockbox where we played dumb.
Finally a friend of a friend told him where he could find his wheels😇

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
True confessions... hmmm, can anyone here guarantee me immunity?

Alright, had a boss when I was working on the east coast in the mid 90's that thought he was a cigar expert and used to drag us into cigar bars in Manhattan to show off his prowls and deep knowledge of fine tobacco - personally, they are effing disgusting.

Anyway, my brother invited me to Jamaica for a video shoot they were doing. He knew I was heading down there and slips me Frankin to pick him up some Cubans. Coming back, I forgot about the ask and slipped into a store and picked up a few fifty-cent cigars, took the labels off, wrapped them in bag, gave them to him, and pocketed the difference.

A few weeks later, I asked him how they were, and he told me, "it was the best smoke I ever had..." These things were no better than the drug store Tippilrellos.

A few years after leaving that company, I ran into him at a trade show where he was still talking about it.

Did some similar stunts to a few wine snobs I know too.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Okay…..confessions are healthy for the soul. Here is the place to get it out. We’ll help you get through it as the space giving forgiving nonjudgemental group we are. No made up ones.

Mrs PB buys a snack of various mixed nuts and chili flavored crunchy things called “sweet and salty chili mix. When she isn’t looking I cherry pick out all the butter toffee peanuts which is the “sweet” component. I never tell her. There…..I feel better now……but I’m still going to do it……I just feel better about it. Now I know why the Catholics like confession so much. That was easy.
Sin no more

6BC036EA-D026-4C66-9BF8-CAD9C408FA76.jpeg

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist

Had a friend that spilled some bleach inside her black VW Bug. Had another friend that had a White VW Bug. That night while we were out, some other friends swapped them out. The look on her face was priceless.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Mrs PB buys a snack of various mixed nuts and chili flavored crunchy things called “sweet and salty chili mix. When she isn’t looking I cherry pick out all the butter toffee peanuts which is the “sweet” component. I never tell her. There…..I feel better now……but I’m still going to do it……I just feel better about it. Now I know why the Catholics like confession so much. That was easy.
When I was in elementary school my mom used to buy those little jars of shrimp cocktail. I would open one up, remove and eat one shrimp, put the lid back on, and figure all was good. They were addictive though, so I'd do that over and over until there were next to none left. I never said and she never complained, but I felt guilty. Saint of a woman in that regard.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
So, I’m not sure I should completely confess this one. But……….it was not uncommon for us to have presidential visits, especially during campaign season……which is all the time now it seems………I was assigned more than once over the years to liasion with the Secret Service advance planning team. It’s a VERY complete process that takes place for about a week ahead of a visit. Unlike the guys in the local SS office who I worked with on occasion for this and that who were pretty enjoyable to work with, the advance planning guys are all business hard asses. They are VERY good at what they do. I mean think about it…..these are guys who wouldn’t hesitate to take a bullet for POTUS. Tough and capable customers. So, daily meetings…..long detailed ones, where will the helicopters land, where in very general terms the snipers will be, closures, hospital destinations and routes in case of a medical problem, visiting all the locations in question and driving the routes, and more details than you can imagine…..prior to the visit. (insert paragraph here)

One visit in particular was a fund raiser full of big spenders going to be at a wealthy donors estate. The lead was a no nonsense Texas boy. Near the end of the week he pulled me aside and said his team had done a great job and wanted to take them out for a drink or two that evening and did I know a good place. On impulse - not a good one - and with a straight face I recommended a local gay bar…..leaving out the nature of the establishment. The next day at the event I was on the way to take my place at the command post when I saw him and asked how the evening went. He looked at me and in his Texas drawl quietly said “f*#^ you”. The visit went off without a hitch and I didn’t see him again. (insert paragraph here).

I got audited the following year. Perfect example of “he who laughs last laughs best”.

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
So, I’m not sure I should completely confess this one. But……….it was not uncommon for us to have presidential visits, especially during campaign season……which is all the time now it seems………I was assigned more than once over the years to liasion with the Secret Service advance planning team. It’s a VERY complete process that takes place for about a week ahead of a visit. Unlike the guys in the local SS office who I worked with on occasion for this and that who were pretty enjoyable to work with, the advance planning guys are all business hard asses. They are VERY good at what they do. I mean think about it…..these are guys who wouldn’t hesitate to take a bullet for POTUS. Tough and capable customers. So, daily meetings…..long detailed ones, where will the helicopters land, where in very general terms the snipers will be, closures, hospital destinations and routes in case of a medical problem, visiting all the locations in question and driving the routes, and more details than you can imagine…..prior to the visit. (insert paragraph here)

One visit in particular was a fund raiser full of big spenders going to be at a wealthy donors estate. The lead was a no nonsense Texas boy. Near the end of the week he pulled me aside and said his team had done a great job and wanted to take them out for a drink or two that evening and did I know a good place. On impulse - not a good one - and with a straight face I recommended a local gay bar…..leaving out the nature of the establishment. The next day at the event I was on the way to take my place at the command post when I saw him and asked how the evening went. He looked at me and in his Texas drawl quietly said “f*#^ you”. The visit went off without a hitch and I didn’t see him again. (insert paragraph here).

I got audited the following year. Perfect example of “he who laughs last laughs best”.

PB you our badde!

¶/