Trump 2024

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
I couldn't watch 4 minutes of Trump.
It's a highly produced slow roll. I'll give Trump credit for having learned how to pace out his speech patterns to fit easily into the hypnotic approach of all RW radio hosts. What he says doesn't really matter, it's paced, low-tone of voice, etc, hypnotic. It's hard to differentiate Trump, the RWNM dudes and the guy who floods the airwaves all weekend with advertisements for the "Laser Fund" and "Universal Life".

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC

Few of those excerpts were gaffes. I'd rather he not tease folks, but his formula has been extrememly successful.

This what happens when you try to play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon has no clue what is happening but it knocks over the pieces, shits all over the board, then struts around like it won.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
It's a highly produced slow roll. I'll give Trump credit for having learned how to pace out his speech patterns to fit easily into the hypnotic approach of all RW radio hosts. What he says doesn't really matter, it's paced, low-tone of voice, etc, hypnotic. It's hard to differentiate Trump, the RWNM dudes and the guy who floods the airwaves all weekend with advertisements for the "Laser Fund" and "Universal Life".
Oh, I agree, I was asleep in 15 seconds!

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
From the Heather thread, Bus Driver started...

"Tonight, Representative Jim Banks (R-IN) told Fox News Channel personality Laura Ingraham that 12 Republican members of the House of Representatives met with Trump tonight, told him they stand with him, and urged him to run for president in 2024. They want to see Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) as speaker of the house and Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH) as chair of the Judiciary Committee."

It scares the crap out of me to imagine McCarthy as Speaker and Jordan chairing Judiciary!!

If the GOP retakes the Country, we will have more billion-dollar tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers and Corporations, and less money and programs to take care of the needy who are severely harmed by inflation and high medical costs. When Republicans are in charge, the weakest suffer the most, while the richest prosper the most. This is not the Country that most of us remember or aspire to be..

Trump is merely a useful dope of a puppet for the GOP takeover, and we must not let that stand.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
From the Heather thread, Bus Driver started...

"Tonight, Representative Jim Banks (R-IN) told Fox News Channel personality Laura Ingraham that 12 Republican members of the House of Representatives met with Trump tonight, told him they stand with him, and urged him to run for president in 2024. They want to see Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) as speaker of the house and Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH) as chair of the Judiciary Committee."

It scares the crap out of me to imagine McCarthy as Speaker and Jordan chairing Judiciary!!

If the GOP retakes the Country then America is over.

FIFY - If it was me I'd have an exit strategy in place - remember what happened in Germany to the Jews who didn't.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Yeah, we could take up to 3 couples (3 bedrooms to spare).

And at very reasonable rates.

Meals not included.

Possible discounts available for skilled crew.

Last edited: