Try to name one thing Biden has done well. One.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Huh... I'm a stockholder, I didn't get a bonus.

How about dividends??

"We're starting to learn what America's biggest companies are doing with the huge windfalls from President Donald Trump's tax cuts. And the answer is great for investors – but not so great for workers.

That's because many companies are returning huge portions of their billions in tax savings to shareholders in the form of share buybacks and dividend increases
— not necessarily new hiring and investment."

jzk

Super Anarchist
0% inflation for July:

1660216873227.png

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Signing the PACT Act into law was good. I still don’t know why that was so tough for the GOP to go along with, but we are where we are.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
How about dividends??

"We're starting to learn what America's biggest companies are doing with the huge windfalls from President Donald Trump's tax cuts. And the answer is great for investors – but not so great for workers.

That's because many companies are returning huge portions of their billions in tax savings to shareholders in the form of share buybacks and dividend increases
— not necessarily new hiring and investment."

In general I agree with El B, investment picture is better... certainly more stable... under Joe but I don't really think the President has much control over it. Just commenting that I did not get any notable bonus.

Share buybacks only benefit share holders if the price is elevated; and if you care a tiddle about the long run, you need something stable secure to park those gains in. I haven't noticed much increase in dividends.

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
Just to demonstrate that you are not in the running for "Smartest Republican", the definition of labor force is all employed and unemployed persons....it does not equate to "jobs". If the labor force is at 163 million, 158 million jobs equates to 3% unemployment.

Good old Dark Brandon is kickin' it.
I stand corrected.

jzk

Super Anarchist
No worries. The rest of the story will come out eventually.
No one is "worried." We know the story on inflation. It is super high. And that fucks over the working person with few assets. Trump and Biden are equally to blame (along with the fed, of course).

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
No one is "worried." We know the story on inflation. It is super high. And that fucks over the working person with few assets. Trump and Biden are equally to blame (along with the fed, of course).
The rest of the story will come out. That’s the hidden splendor of your kind of bullshitting. The whole story always comes out.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Right now our cash is stable, but doesn't keep up with COLA; so what do you consider a "secure" investment with modest returns?

I'm not really the investment advice guy, but I can relate some of the basics that never change. IMHO one of the tricky things about investing is that there are always hucksters selling the new strategy and trying to tell everyone that it's a whole new ball game. Some things change, some very definitely have not in my lifetime and I don't see any reason they ever would.

Bonds always lag inflation, so when interest rates are going up, they don't compare well. BUT bonds are safe and stable, at least, to the degree that the borrower's rating is accurate. I would not buy Russian bonds, for example. Some sectors of the economy lead inflation, raw materials for example. Half of our holdings are in big-box mutual funds, mostly index funds.

jzk

Super Anarchist
The rest of the story will come out. That’s the hidden splendor of your kind of bullshitting. The whole story always comes out.
Be sure and let us know when this "full story" comes out. Meanwhile, Biden said there was 0% inflation in July when he knows full well it was 8.5%.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Be sure and let us know when this "full story" comes out. Meanwhile, Biden said there was 0% inflation in July when he knows full well it was 8.5%.
You know I will. I can find your moving goalposts wherever you put them.

Congrats though. Omitting context is a new practice for you. You are up to three now. But Limbaugh could spin five plates of bullshit and he could spin them at the same time. His folks taught him well.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Signing the PACT Act into law was good. I still don’t know why that was so tough for the GOP to go along with, but we are where we are.
My Colonel buddy: The act was a "Christmas tree." Funny how often he must have overlooked that in the past. Well, he didn't think it was as funny as I did.

He still claims "Trump rebuilt the military." Guess I missed the news that day.

1660223869696.png

• The $2.5 trillion number comes from the total defense budgets for the last four fiscal years.
  • The Trump administration has made some strides, but the military is far from "completely rebuilt."
  • Most weapons and infrastructure are the same as they were before Trump took office.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
My Colonel buddy: The act was a "Christmas tree." Funny how often he must have overlooked that in the past. Well, he didn't think it was as funny as I did.

He still claims "Trump rebuilt the military." Guess I missed the news that day.

View attachment 533730

• The $2.5 trillion number comes from the total defense budgets for the last four fiscal years.
  • The Trump administration has made some strides, but the military is far from "completely rebuilt."
  • Most weapons and infrastructure are the same as they were before Trump took office.
I’m not concerned about funding the war machine. That will ALWAYS be funded and I only object to the extent it is used as a mechanism to borrow money in all of our names and redistribute it to those who least need it.
I find it unconscionable that we would send our troops to be a part of that and then skimp on giving them everything they need to restore their lives to what they were before their sacrifice, or at least care for the harm they incurred on our behalf.
For me it isn’t a Trump thing. We know he was a performance artist/carnival barker. It’s about caring for our vets. That law is a good one.