Tsunami Watch For Hawaii, Oz - Gulf of California?

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
Chile has gotten smacked with a 8.3 earthquake. The entire state of Hawaii is on tsunami watch. Oz is similarly under alert. Tsunami waves of approximately 10-12 meters have been observed.

My Mark I Eyeball believes this quake could be uniquely situated to threaten the Bay of California. Flooding risk for the Mexican mainland and Baja California. No official warning, but I'd be getting my taco stands to high ground until somebody tells me otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
thanks-obama-gif.jpg

weightless

Super Anarchist
For Hawaii it's just downgraded to an advisory:

BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA A MAJOR TSUNAMI IS NOT EXPECTED TO STRIKE THE STATE OF HAWAII. HOWEVER...SEA LEVEL CHANGES AND STRONG CURRENTS MAY OCCUR ALONG ALL COASTS THAT COULD BE A HAZARD TO SWIMMERS AND BOATERS AS WELL AS TO PERSONS NEAR THE SHORE AT BEACHES AND IN HARBORS AND MARINAS. THE THREAT MAY CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER THE INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL. THE ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL OF THE INITIAL WAVE IS 0311 AM HST THU 17 SEP 2015FURTHER MESSAGES WILL BE ISSUED HOURLY OR SOONER AS CONDITIONSWARRANT UNTIL THE THREAT TO HAWAII HAS PASSED.
http://ptwc.weather.gov/?region=2

weightless

Super Anarchist
^^^

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/

Code:
TSUNAMI FORECASTS IN THE ADVISORY REGION EXCEED A FOOT IN SOME LOCATIONS.
Code:
TSUNAMI ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR... * THE COASTAL AREAS OF CALIFORNIA FROM SAN ONOFRE STATE BEACH   CALIFORNIA /WHICH IS LOCATED 45 MILES SE OF L.A./ TO RAGGED   POINT CALIFORNIA /WHICH IS LOCATED 50 MILES NW OF SAN LUIS   OBISPO/FOR OTHER US AND CANADIAN PACIFIC COASTS IN NORTH AMERICA -THERE IS NO TSUNAMI THREAT.IMPACTS FOR TSUNAMI ADVISORY AREAS---------------------------------- * A TSUNAMI CAPABLE OF PRODUCING STRONG CURRENTS OR WAVES DANGEROUS   TO PERSONS IN OR VERY NEAR THE WATER IS EXPECTED. * CURRENTS MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO SWIMMERS... BOATS... AND COASTAL   STRUCTURES AND MAY CONTINUE FOR MANY HOURS AFTER THE TSUNAMI   ARRIVAL.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Supposed to arrive in Long Beach at 4:45 am tomorrow. Went down to the boat and doubled up the dock lines and added two more springs. We're on new concrete docks with new piling a so we should be fine. Chatted with the live aboard next door and he hadn't heard so got busy doubling up as well. He has our number and we live literally 3 minutes from the boat so I'm feeling pretty confident. Thinking of setting the alarm and going down there to watch.....maybe not.....

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
IMPACTS FOR TSUNAMI ADVISORY AREAS ----------------------------------

* A TSUNAMI CAPABLE OF PRODUCING STRONG CURRENTS OR WAVES DANGEROUS TO PERSONS IN OR VERY NEAR THE WATER IS EXPECTED.

* CURRENTS MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO SWIMMERS... BOATS... AND COASTAL STRUCTURES AND MAY CONTINUE FOR MANY HOURS AFTER THE TSUNAMI ARRIVAL.
Maybe she didn't get the word.

http://laist.com/2015/09/17/three_mile_skinny_dip.php