TVNZ Desktop TV

hugob

This looks like a nice alternative to AC Anywhere and the right price. has anyone used TVNZ desktop TV outside of NZ? I can register and pay the cash. However I am still not sure if I can get the Video downloads with this application.

" We live in the biggest fucking island in the world with a few yachties around and we still can't get AC on TV" Fuck you Murdock!!!!!

http://www.tvnzdesktoptv.co.nz/americascup/

This looks like a nice alternative to AC Anywhere and the right price. has anyone used TVNZ desktop TV outside of NZ? I can register and pay the cash. However I am still not sure if I can get the Video downloads with this application.
" We live in the biggest fucking island in the world with a few yachties around and we still can't get AC on TV" Fuck you Murdock!!!!!

Can't see any technical reason why not, have you tried the demo?

I would like to get Virtual Spectator on its own, don't need TV or commentary, does anyone know where I can get it?

Bill E Goat

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Kathy McKenzie, Tuesday, 12 June 2007

Australians will be able to see the Louis Vuitton Cup final this weekend on Foxtel. Fox Sports has an anticipated schedule of events for the America’s Cup, most of which will be live.

Louis Vuitton Cup final on Foxtel, BBC World.

Replaces The World Uncovered

Saturday 16th June 2210 AEST

Sunday 17th June 0510, 1110, 1710 AEST

Monday 18th June 0310 AEST

The anticipated schedule of events for the America’s Cup is as follows:

JUN 23: Race 1 live at 11pm (FOX Sports 3)

JUN 24: Race 2 live at 11pm (FOX Sports 1)

JUN 26: Race 3 live at 11pm (FOX Sports 1)

JUN 27: Race 4 live at 11pm (FOX Sports 1)

JUN 30: Race 5 delayed at 5.30am (FOX Sports 3)

JUN 30: Race 6 live at 11.30pm (FOX Sports 3)

http://www.boatingoz.com.au/?page=22587

If you don't have Foxtel a good reason to go to the Pub

seamouse

Bossbitch

I found that the old VS program is now called "americas cup anywhere" and can be BOUGHT for $20 US on www.americascup.com, if anyone else can find a better deal go for it, it still has all the old features but it does run heavily out of sync with the radio commentary from the same site.

BossbitchI found that the old VS program is now called "americas cup anywhere" and can be BOUGHT for $20 US on www.americascup.com, if anyone else can find a better deal go for it, it still has all the old features but it does run heavily out of sync with the radio commentary from the same site.
Thank you!

Is the lag with the commentary or the "americas cup anywhere"?

Boybland

Super Anarchist
Morioka, Japan

I'll see if I can get some info for you as to wether it will work outside NZ.

Technically there is no reason it wouldn't, however some of the TVNZ on demand content is limited by region due to copyright/licensing restrictions so there may be an artificial barrier.

As BB says if the demo works (ie: if it can download and display all the old content that was free (everything pre LVC final I think from memory) then I am guessing the AC coverage will work as well.

dredies

I'll see if I can get some info for you as to wether it will work outside NZ. Technically there is no reason it wouldn't, however some of the TVNZ on demand content is limited by region due to copyright/licensing restrictions so there may be an artificial barrier.

As BB says if the demo works (ie: if it can download and display all the old content that was free (everything pre LVC final I think from memory) then I am guessing the AC coverage will work as well.
Don't know if it will work outside of Canada, but TSN is broadcasting the AC live via broadband and has the LV finals available for viewing.

http://www.tsn.ca/yachting/

LateNite

Super Anarchist
Windy City
It plays down here in Miami
Every time I've tried I get an error message stating: " Copyrights prevent us from playing this video outside of Canada. It appears your internet connections originates outside of Canada".
Anybody have a work around to this, I'd like to hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boybland

Super Anarchist
Morioka, Japan
Apparently TVNZ Desktop TV is supposed to only work in NZ (due to copyright reasons) but works on SOME Australian ISPs. I am guessing this is most likely to be ISP's with a presence in both countries.

hugob

Every time I've tried I get an error message stating: " Copyrights prevent us from playing this video outside of Canada. It appears your internet connections originates outside of Canada".
Anybody have a work around to this, I'd like to hear it.
Just Tried it .

Not working in Aussi. Too bad it looks like a good site.