Two sides of the DOJ debate surrounding the J6 investigation

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Agree but if they have to take a little extra time to make the charges stick, well I'm good with that.
When you think about how many people they have got to make charges stick to at present and the fact they are only up to throwing rioters in jail, I suspect its gonna be a while before they get to the War room boys at the Willard.
Would I like to see the DOJ to put a little urgency in the word Mañana, abso fuckin lutly.
I agree, but I'd like the bad guys to be playing off their back foot. Charge and arrest them if there is probably cause, then after they throw bail, take all the time you want to get it right. If nothing else, it sends a clear message to the next guy.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
I agree, but I'd like the bad guys to be playing off their back foot. Charge and arrest them if there is probably cause, then after they throw bail, take all the time you want to get it right. If nothing else, it sends a clear message to the next guy.
I like your approach, I think as more underlings are pinged the more probable cause you will have on the higher ups, I do hope we see some high profile arrests and charges sooner rather than later, and everyone of these miscreant's should never hold a public office ever again.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I like your approach, I think as more underlings are pinged the more probable cause you will have on the higher ups, I do hope we see some high profile arrests and charges sooner rather than later, and everyone of these miscreant's should never hold a public office ever again.
The ones currently in office should be booted out

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
A Question?

Shouldn't Merrick Garland recluse himself from this whole thing?

His treatment at the hands of the republican senate majority surely compromises him.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Not fast enough: Glenn K (YT vid from today)

Thanks for the link, Glenn's vids are always spot on!!

Serious Question? He says we must stop Trump from continuing to avoid prosecution for witness tampering, and stop him from ginning up a whole new Army of insurrectionist Trumptards at his rallies, but he doesn't say how exactly we can do that??? Prevent him from holding rallies? Indict him for witness tampering? On what proof?

Last edited:

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
I don't think for an instant the DOJ alone is going to save our democracy. However, I think their priorities are fucked. All the rioters are the focus right now. Why? They're not going anywhere. They were all on video saying stupid shit and doing stupid shit. Easy to roll them all up later. Maybe make a few high profile arrests of some of the ringleaders storming the capitol. But the real investigative resources should have been absolutely earmarked for the kingpins.

It will be ironic if the states end up convicting shitstain while the FBI and the DOJ play their fiddle while DC burns (figuratively).
That's the way it's always been done because one must prove intent, so they work from the bottom up, giving plea deals for flipping on the boss. Need witnesses to prove criminal intent.

Trump has a lifetime of experience in dodging dodgy stuff. He is very good at it. His strategy is simple but effective, do everything in the open and loudly. Pretend you really believe your BS and spewing it constantly makes proving criminal intent quite difficult.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
I'll weigh in that Garland needs to step it up, yesterday.

The optics of the DOJ so far, after nineteen months, are Alan Bragg poor...while Trump is acting out against democracy, decency, and truth. Merick needs to make this next bit good.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I think one thing is fairly certain here...... the American people owe a huge debt of gratitude to the J6 committee members for bringing stuff to light that the DOJ has been either clueless about or deliberately not interested in pursuing. I'm not sure which is a greater sin. Stuff like exposing the SS deleted texts and other stuff is likely to blow this entire case wide open. I'm hoping the orange fucktardian and his band of clowns have their assholes beginning to pucker about now.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
You were thinking that one criminal skating equals the end of democracy.

You're welcome.
No, I was thinking a group of criminals, working in concert with propaganda networks, aided by foreign interests, supported by a radical judiciary, fronting as a political party skating equals the end of democracy.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
I think one thing is fairly certain here...... the American people owe a huge debt of gratitude to the J6 committee members for bringing stuff to light that the DOJ has been either clueless about or deliberately not interested in pursuing. I'm not sure which is a greater sin. Stuff like exposing the SS deleted texts and other stuff is likely to blow this entire case wide open. I'm hoping the orange fucktardian and his band of clowns have their assholes beginning to pucker about now.
Patience grasshopper, Merrick Garland was tasked with prosecuting Timothy McVeigh, and Terry Nichols. Later, he was responsible for the Unabomber prosecution, in all of those prosecutions there wasn't a single leak before indictments. He nailed all of them for a 100% conviction rate. There were no turnovers on appeal. McVeigh was executed 4 years after his sentencing, Nichols is doing life at Florence Supermax. Ted Kaczynski, the unabomber, is doing life without parole at FMC Butner in North Carolina.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
I admit I’ll be impressed if many important people face banishment from Republican politics, let alone prison. I expect most outside the immediate family and most obvious clowns (pillow manufacturer, former mayor and general) will be recycled by the next President. Even if a couple end up convicted, a Republican judge will overturn it, or the Supreme Court will. I doubt DeSantis will have to pardon anybody before placing them back in DC to oversee the 2028 election.

billy backstay

I admit I’ll be impressed if many important people face banishment from Republican politics, let alone prison. I expect most outside the immediate family and most obvious clowns (pillow manufacturer, former mayor and general) will be recycled by the next President. Even if a couple end up convicted, a Republican judge will overturn it, or the Supreme Court will. I doubt DeSantis will have to pardon anybody before placing them back in DC to oversee the 2028 election.

That goes for the 147 GOP Congress Critters that supported the Big Lie, and the BIG STEAL of the election by "alternate" FAKE Electors....

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Patience grasshopper, Merrick Garland was tasked with prosecuting Timothy McVeigh, and Terry Nichols. Later, he was responsible for the Unabomber prosecution, in all of those prosecutions there wasn't a single leak before indictments. He nailed all of them for a 100% conviction rate. There were no turnovers on appeal. McVeigh was executed 4 years after his sentencing, Nichols is doing life at Florence Supermax. Ted Kaczynski, the unabomber, is doing life without parole at FMC Butner in North Carolina.
All I can suggest is, for those disappointed by the lack of entertainment value emanating from this administration's DOJ, perhaps your focus would be better served by getting more information about the investigation(s) from people who both review case filings AND produce news, and less information from news sources seeking to entertain you. Newsertainment tends to focus on the spectacle, and if there is no spectacle from the DOJ, it seems that the Newsertainment sources determine that to be a lack of activity. That does not necessarily comport with reality, as the folks who watch the case filings can attest.

billy backstay

All I can suggest is, for those disappointed by the lack of entertainment value emanating from this administration's DOJ, perhaps your focus would be better served by getting more information about the investigation(s) from people who both review case filings AND produce news, and less information from news sources seeking to entertain you. Newsertainment tends to focus on the spectacle, and if there is no spectacle from the DOJ, it seems that the Newsertainment sources determine that to be a lack of activity. That does not necessarily comport with reality, as the folks who watch the case filings can attest.

That goes for nearly ALL the NEWS!! 24/7 the sky is falling in the form of heat waves and killer fires due to global warming.

Al Gore warned us all, right around the time he got more popular votes than GW Shrub to be POTUS, but the FUCK-TORAL College screwed the majority again!!!