Typical Blue Bullshit

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Let's see. 

Your question:  Did Democrats pass legislation to decriminalize a majority of crimes? 

Of course not.  They didn't need to.  When they decided that things like theft less than $1000 wouldn't be prosecuted no legislation was required. so, that point is pointless.

Now, since that is pointless your subsequent q/a is equally so.

There is an increase in crime.  "Tsunami" is just dumb use of a word.  Sure looks like if from local reporting.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/crime-rate-in-san-francisco-oakland-increased-this-year-data/

It looks like most places that were defunding their police forces are now increasing the funding to at least previous levels.  It may not show cause and effect but the indiication is certainly there that defunding was a failure of policy.
This is a *blatent* lie Saorsa, and one that is worthy of your usual dog-like levels of bullshit.

They passed a law that changed the level of a FELONY from $400 to $950 when shoplifting.  Both levels will still be enforced.  Both will be prosecuted.  The police will still respond to calls of crime.

They did not decriminalize anything.  They changed the levels that result in mandatory prison / incarceration in an attempt to lower the total prison population, because stealing 4 pairs of levis should not result in the removal of one's right to vote and a trip to jail for a year or more.

Grow the fuck up.

As such, ALL of my responses still hold water and are still accurate.

pusslicker

Super Anarchist
Paris
Let's see. 

Your question:  Did Democrats pass legislation to decriminalize a majority of crimes? 

Of course not.  They didn't need to.  When they decided that things like theft less than $1000 wouldn't be prosecuted no legislation was required. so, that point is pointless.

Now, since that is pointless your subsequent q/a is equally so.

There is an increase in crime.  "Tsunami" is just dumb use of a word.  Sure looks like if from local reporting.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/crime-rate-in-san-francisco-oakland-increased-this-year-data/

It looks like most places that were defunding their police forces are now increasing the funding to at least previous levels.  It may not show cause and effect but the indiication is certainly there that defunding was a failure of policy.
Where do all you Trumpturds live? You sound fucking poor.

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
I agree and have been waiting eagerly for Biden to fulfill his campaign promise. He was looking into the idea in August, so should be any day now.
As far as I know he hasn't pardoned anyone yet.  This isn't the make-it-up-as-you-go Presidency of the last administration where they were only doled out to people who are loyal.  If there is indeed thousands of pardons to be given, he needs the Office of Pardon Attorney to do his job.  Be mad at him.  And I can only imagine how you and the Joke (and by proxy, Jizzy) will freak the fuck out if ONE single pardon is given to a person who runs a red light sometime in the future.

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
This is a *blatant* lie Saorsa, and one that is worthy of your usual dog-like levels of bullshit.

They passed a law that changed the level of a FELONY from $400 to $950 when shoplifting for all theft.  Both levels will still be enforced.  You can only enforce what is being reported, people don't bother anymore because they know nothing is going to happen and face possible retribution for the perp.   Both will be prosecuted. No they won't, the George Soros puppet DAs' don't even file on a majority of this shit. The police will still respond to calls of crime. In most cases, they don't. They tell you to go online a file a report and they'll assign it a case number for your insurance purposes and call you if you have any questions.  If a mall cop apprehended someone, then yes, they'll show up.

They did not decriminalize anything.  Actually, they did by enacting the policies they have. 
It is not a blatant lie, it is the reality. 

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Did you actually drop a George Soros in there?
Everyone's favorite bogeyman, why not.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/how-george-soros-funded-progressive-das-behind-us-crime-surge/

gfGsxFGePkEvvWe078kAVUX_d8mvP5GowwXuflrnjNg.jpg

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Ya know, I remember a previous poster that used to like putting his typing inside the quote boxes because he knew it didn't get quoted that way.  Interesting, eh?

I mean - your logic is more full of holes than Donald Trump's latest blow up doll.

You're finding anecdotal stories told by someone with an agenda to some reporter on a biased web site trying to push a political view and then trying to apply them to the general public.  Your reasoning is as faulty as a reused condom, and the person using the condom is far more intelligent than you.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article256384112.html

Well damn.  Imagine that.  And after looking around, I see that it's a bunch of republicans (looking for election points go figure) who decided to start blabbing about this.  Only SEVEN FUCKING YEARS after it was passed.  Yet it's only just now that they can suddenly claim these changes.... why?  Even when the evidence show in the aftermath of proposition, reporting of crimes actually INCREASED?

Could it be because unemployment benefits and extra benefits from covid, along with federal government payouts and ending, so people are moving to theft to make ends meet?  And that the sudden bump in thefts provide a perfect scapegoat for people like sucktucky?  Naaaaaaaaa.

Nope.  Sucktucky is of the ilk who still believe steadily increasing prison time and the severity of penalties will stop people from committing crimes - in direct opposition to every bit of evidence out there.  He doesn't understand that the root cause of crime isn't evil people - it's desperate people.  And the more you screw over people, the more desperate they get.

Sorry Sucktucky.  You're on the wrong side of facts and the wrong side of history.  And despite your histrionics, and those of the handful of reds you're parroting, recent votes have reinforced that the vast majority of Californians support reducing penalties.  Not increasing.  Even in the face of this devastating but imaginary tidal wave of make believe crime.  And it's totally unsurprising that the amount of data and factual support you've provided to your fanciful claims have been exactly as many facts as your right-side handlers have put out when they've made their dubious statements:  exactly zero.

Isn't it really annoying how difficult it is to find factual data to support made up bullshit?  But keep up the good fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I agree and have been waiting eagerly for Biden to fulfill his campaign promise. He was looking into the idea in August, so should be any day now.
As far as I know he hasn't pardoned anyone yet.  This isn't the make-it-up-as-you-go Presidency of the last administration where they were only doled out to people who are loyal.  If there is indeed thousands of pardons to be given, he needs the Office of Pardon Attorney to do his job.  Be mad at him.  And I can only imagine how you and the Joke (and by proxy, Jizzy) will freak the fuck out if ONE single pardon is given to a person who runs a red light sometime in the future.
He pardoned two turkeys, so we know that he knows how to do it. Whatabout Trump? Don't care about Trump, he didn't make the campaign promise. Biden did. Whatabout some nameless underling? Don't care about nameless underlings. None of them made the campaign promise. Biden did. And I can only imagine how you and your elk will freak out if you ever visit the thread about red light cameras. WTF does that have to do with anything?

Fact is, he's a career drug warrior and old habits die hard. There's no pardon attorney working in the background. There's no motivation to do so because the boss is a career drug warrior. Same reason Merrick Garland won't undo what Trump did on drug war looting: it's the boss' legacy.

Maybe one day we'll have a President who isn't a career drug warrior. I remain hopeful, as I have for decades now, but also remain realistic and there's a good chance my fellow Americans will continue to elect drug warriors for the rest of my life.

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
Police have grown increasingly militant, in many cases utilizing tactics like no knock warrants, property seizure ….
Yes, the police and certain politicians that pander to a certain racist/scared/supremest voting bloc declared their various wars. Well, who would have guessed? They got the wars they wanted. They have not won a single one.

It is not the welfare. It is the wars. Time to surrender?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Police have grown increasingly militant, in many cases utilizing tactics like no knock warrants, property seizure ….
Yes, the police and certain politicians that pander to a certain racist/scared/supremest voting bloc declared their various wars. Well, who would have guessed? They got the wars they wanted. They have not won a single one.

It is not the welfare. It is the wars. Time to surrender?
Heck no! Do you know what kinds of racist nutjobs oppose no-knocks, property looting, and mandatory minimums??? The wise approach is to elect a career drug warrior as President and make sure someone in the White House opposes those nutjobs!

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia

Errr...hang on a tic...it appears Grrr is absolutely correct.  

CLAIM: Under Proposition 47 in California thefts under $950 will not be prosecuted.

AP ASSESSMENT: False. Proposition 47 was passed in California in 2014 and reclassified felony theft offenses as misdemeanors. It did not allow shoplifting and petty theft to go unprosecuted.

THE FACTS: The false claim about the proposition circulated on social media with a video showing two individuals walking out of a T.J. Maxx in Granada Hills, California, with duffle bags filled with merchandise and their arms filled with clothing on hangers. No one attempted to stop the pair as they walked out of the store and through the parking lot.

The scene was captured on video by another person in the store and circulated widely on news media.

Adam Carolla, a comedian who hosts a podcast, posted the video to Facebook along with a false comment about Proposition 47. “Thanks to Prop 47 thefts under $950 will not be prosecuted,” Carolla commented on the post. “So cops will not bother showing up. Just a reminder that you get what you voted for, California!”

But the post is incorrect. The 2014 proposition modified, but did not eliminate, sentencing for many nonviolent property and drug crimes.

“What Prop 47 did was take very low level crimes like petty theft, some petty drug offenses, petty larceny, and classify them as misdemeanors rather than felonies,” said Charis Kubrin, professor of criminology, law and society at the University of California, Irvine, who wrote a study examining the impact of the proposition on crime rates. “It doesn’t mean, like that Facebook post is saying, that you’re not prosecuted or that you aren’t committing a crime.” According to Alex Bastian, special advisor to Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascón who co-authored Prop 47, most shoplifting was already prosecuted as a misdemeanor anyway.

“What Prop 47 did is increase the dollar amount by which theft can be prosecuted as a felony from $400 to $950 to adjust for inflation and cost of living,” Bastian said. “But most shoplifting cases are under $400 dollars to begin with, so before Prop 47 and after Prop 47, there isn’t any difference.” 

Proposition 47 was enacted to comply with a 2011 California Supreme Court order, which upheld that California’s overcrowded prisons violated incarcerated individuals’ Eighth Amendment rights against cruel and unusual punishment. “In 2011, our prisons were bursting at the seams, and California was ranked either first or second behind Texas as having the highest per capita incarceration rate of any state in the country,” Kubrin said. “It was so bad that the Supreme Court stepped in and told us we needed to reduce our prison population by 33,000 individuals.”

Wasn't the Governor of California Republican until 2011?

I lean right, and in as much as I hope for even a wee glimmer of sanity and rational thought on Americas right, all you come across these days are complete and utter lying, hypocritical, angry, small minded, dumb fucks.

Unbelievable. Did someone randomly poison the water sources over there? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
He Was Sentenced To 110 Years in Prison for Causing a Fatal Traffic Accident. The Judge Isn't Happy About It.

Virtually all of these mandatory minimum sentencing stories involve the stupid drug war, but not this one.

A judge sentenced a Colorado man to 110 years in prison Monday. He was on trial for causing an accident in 2019: His truck brakes failed, and he crashed into traffic on the interstate, ultimately killing four people.

In October, the jury found Rogel Aguilera-Mederos, now 26, guilty of 27 counts in relation to the accident, including four counts of vehicular manslaughter, six counts of assault in the first degree, and 10 counts of attempt to commit assault in the first degree. He was acquitted on an additional 15 counts.

Though prosecutors conceded that Aguilera-Mederos' brakes stopped working, they argued that he was at fault for the mechanical defect. "There's only two ways this can go: either the defendant didn't catch it like he was supposed to or the defendant drove on his brakes the entire way and caused them to be that way," said Deputy District Attorney Kayla Wildeman, according to a local NBC affiliate. She also told the jury that the driver had failed to mitigate the truck's failure by not taking an off-ramp when he had the chance: "He saw that ramp….He looked at it and said I can baby this down the hill. I can get this down and so he goes past it. And it's not until he sees the traffic that he realizes, 'Oh, crap.' He made a choice. He chose to pass that."

The defense says that's not the way it happened, but let's assume it's completely accurate. 110 years?

Regardless of whether that's what happened, many will balk at the idea that a man has been sentenced to die in prison for a crime that the state admits was not maliciously intentioned. Among those detractors: Judge A. Bruce Jones, who sentenced Aguilera-Mederos.

"I will state that if I had the discretion, it would not be my sentence," he said Monday, noting that Colorado law requires Aguilera-Mederos to serve some of his sentences consecutively instead of concurrently.

"This is not the first time we've seen or heard a judge say, 'I'm bound by a mandatory sentence that I wouldn't give if I had discretion,'" says Kevin Ring, president of Families Against Mandatory Minimums. "I think that should bother everybody."

Judge Jones and Kevin Ring are right.

Fat Point Jack

Super Anarchist
Create a problem by passing laws to decriminalize a  majority of crimes and let a lot of felons out of jail, have an instant tsunami of property of violent crime, and screech to the high heavens with the woke bullshite to de-fund the police, now they want to spend a shit load of money to fix it...  

Why not just leave well enough alone and get rid of the policies that created this in the first place.  Too fucking simple right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gavin-newsom-s-plan-to-stop-california-s-smash-and-grab-thefts-300m-for-local-law-enforcement/ar-AARWlKI?li=BBnbcA1

Of course, the usual suspects here will chime in with their usual bombastic bullshite...  blah, blah, blah,  save you breath, if you don't see something wrong here, then you're part of the problem.
What part of the threat of jail time does not prevent crime don't you understand?

You have to use a "glamorous" national news event, I prefer my personal experience.

My oldest daughter went to prom with a kid from Sarosa and Jules upper middleclass waterfront subdivision.  He seemed like a good young man (She came home with her prom dress intact).  His folks died and left him enough so that he did not have to work.  But somehow, he copped an attitude towards the kid that worked in the 7-11 down the street.  He shot him and tried to burn down the store.

He now lives in the Raifrord Hotel for 20 to life.

He knew what the consequences would be and did it anyway.

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Could it be because unemployment benefits and extra benefits from covid, along with federal government payouts and ending, so people are moving to theft to make ends meet?  And that the sudden bump in thefts provide a perfect scapegoat for people like sucktucky?  Naaaaaaaaa.
Your example is bullshit and you know it.  And yet, just about everywhere I go I am seeing help wanted signs.  I know, who wants to work for minimum wage right? 

Let me guess, white turtleneck sweater, a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream, and a laminated copy of the "what sort of man reads Playboy" on your nightstand to remind yourself who you are every day... a fraud.

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Errr...hang on a tic...it appears Grrr is absolutely correct. 
Under Prop 47 I can beat the shit out of you and leave you maimed and get what a year and a day in county jail?  Meanwhile, you're sipping your meals through a straw and peeing into a bag for the rest of your life. 

Oh!  Did you read AB 109 by chance?