Typical Blue Bullshit

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Under Prop 47 I can beat the shit out of you and leave you maimed and get what a year and a day in county jail?  Meanwhile, you're sipping your meals through a straw and peeing into a bag for the rest of your life. 

Oh!  Did you read AB 109 by chance?
You'll have to forgive sucktucky.  He doesn't actually READ factual links.  He just leaps to conclusions that he likes and then makes up shit about them to try to scare people.

Prop 47

Proposition 47 implemented three broad changes to felony sentencing laws. First, it reclassified certain theft and drug possession offenses from felonies to misdemeanors. Second, it authorizes defendants currently serving sentences for felony offenses that would have qualified as misdemeanors under the proposition to petition courts for resentencing under the new misdemeanor provisions. Third, it authorizes defendants who have completed their sentences for felony convictions that would have qualified as misdemeanors under the proposition to apply to reclassify those convictions to misdemeanors.

It doesn't let you 'beat the shit out of me and leave me maimed and get a year and a day in jail".  In fact, considering 'beating the shit out of me' is neither theft, nor drug posession (though I think we're all wondering about you and drugs at this point), it's pretty clear YOU have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Oh yeah... prop 109.  Maybe your brain just had a seizure and that's what you meant.  The one that I already POSTED here, but you evidently don't care for the exact definition so you're resorting to "did you read it?  Did you read it?"  so let's read about prop 109 that sucktucky is so outraged about.

In April 2011, the California Legislature and Governor Brown passed sweeping public safety legislation (AB 109) that effectively shifted responsibility for certain populations of offenders from the state to the counties. Assembly Bill 109 establishes the California Public Safety Realignment Act of 2011 which allows for current non-violent, non-serious, and non-sex offenders, who after they are released from California State prison, are to be supervised at the local County level. Instead of reporting to state parole officers, these offenders are to report to local county probation officers.

Well shit.  That certainly looks..... uh..... um.... wait.   It didn't change much of anything.  Well damn.  Let's see..... non-violent, non-serious.  I guess YOU have a different definition of 'beating the shit out of someone and maiming the' than I do.

Jesus man.  Grow up.  Read a little.  Stop with the drugs.

Do you even live in California?  Or anywhere else close by?  Because you are gloriously fucking clueless about the actual laws, and I'm wondering what Republican shitshow has your panties so twisted.

Is it Tucker and Faux?  OAN?  Come on, give us a little hint.  Or are you on a facebook meme kick where you just read and believe everything?

Last edited by a moderator:

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Prop 47 doesn't reduce penalties for violent crimes. It applies to non-serious, nonviolent crime.

The stated purpose of the proposition is to “ensure that prison spending is focused on violent and serious offenses, to maximize alternatives for non-serious, nonviolent crime, and to invest the savings generated from [the proposition] into prevention and support programs in K-12 schools, victim services, and mental health and drug treatment” and to ensure “that sentences for people convicted of dangerous crimes like rape, murder, and child molestation are not changed.” The proposition states that it “shall be liberally construed to effectuate its purposes.”

https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/Prop47FAQs.pdf

AB 109 doesn't apply to violent crimes either.

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/laws/ab-109/

We regret the confusion.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Prop 47 doesn't reduce penalties for violent crimes. It applies to non-serious, nonviolent crime.

The stated purpose of the proposition is to “ensure that prison spending is focused on violent and serious offenses, to maximize alternatives for non-serious, nonviolent crime, and to invest the savings generated from [the proposition] into prevention and support programs in K-12 schools, victim services, and mental health and drug treatment” and to ensure “that sentences for people convicted of dangerous crimes like rape, murder, and child molestation are not changed.” The proposition states that it “shall be liberally construed to effectuate its purposes.”

https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/Prop47FAQs.pdf

AB 109 doesn't apply to violent crimes either.

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/laws/ab-109/

We regret the confusion.
You know this will just add to his confusion, right?

Olsonist

New Oak City
You know this will just add to his confusion, right?
Yeah, it's stupid but we get a lot of it. These morans were blaming the entire homeless crisis on this one LA supervisor.  They were doing the same thing with a city council member up in Seattle. The Newsom recall was a bunch of nonsense, expensive nonsense. This is the petition:

https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/recalls/newsom-notice-of-intent.pdf

They're amping up the nonsense for these recalls because they're their best shot locally. They scored with the Gray Davis recall. That was a monumentally stupid recall because they were blaming him for what Pete Wilson did. But it was Darrell Issa's one big chance (before Schwarzenegger decided to run, on the set of the Tonight Show).

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
A couple of suggestions:

Broaden your news sources

Stop listening to people who are lying to you.

Consider anger management

Boudreauxs Butt Paste. 

apply where needed.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Yeah, it's stupid but we get a lot of it. These morans were blaming the entire homeless crisis on this one LA supervisor.  They were doing the same thing with a city council member up in Seattle. The Newsom recall was a bunch of nonsense, expensive nonsense. This is the petition:

They're amping up the nonsense for these recalls because they're their best shot locally. They scored with the Gray Davis recall. That was a monumentally stupid recall because they were blaming him for what Pete Wilson did. But it was Darrell Issa's one big chance (before Schwarzenegger decided to run, on the set of the Tonight Show).
Considering that California Republicans are (on average) nuttier, further right, more destructive, and less inclined to be found inside the confines of legality, I strongly suggest to the California Democratic Party that they use the exact same tactic. File recall petitions against every single Repub in office, and against any that win any future elections.

Hoist them with their own petard.

- DSK

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
A couple of suggestions:

Broaden your news sources

Stop listening to people who are lying to you.

Consider anger management

Boudreauxs Butt Paste. 

apply where needed.
In other words, act like you have some goddam common sense instead of being dumber than the average doorknob.

Problem: people who are smart enough to take this advice don't need it.

- DSK

Olsonist

New Oak City
Considering that California Republicans are (on average) nuttier, further right, more destructive, and less inclined to be found inside the confines of legality, I strongly suggest to the California Democratic Party that they use the exact same tactic. File recall petitions against every single Repub in office, and against any that win any future elections.

Hoist them with their own petard.

- DSK
California Republicans don't/can't win statewide and don't win local outside of red counties. They're a superminority at 31-9 in the Senate and 80-19 in the House. It 42-11 in the Congressional delegation. Democrats occupy all of the statewide offices. Consequently, the recall is their weapon of choice. Yes, CA Republicans are nutty. That's why they lose elections. BTW, their one prayer for a statewide office, former mayor of SD Kevin Falconer, got crushed by a radio talk show host. He was at best only a prayer.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit

Oh, I like the level of insanity in California.  It makes for good entertainment.  One of their city council woman Nury Martinez, proposed using their traffic cameras to take photos of license plates of people who drove in areas frequented by protitutes and automatically send letters to people who drove in those areas to accuse them of hiring said prostitutes.  There were quotes, there were news articles, it was all very clear what she wanted.  So it got posted on Wikipedia under her name.  Oddly, it kept being removed.  So I made it a personal duty to keep putting it back.

And, as luck would have it, Wikipedia is nice enough to make the IP address of the editors public.  So it was pretty easy to see that the IP address belonged to someone in her office.  Wild, eh?  So, I pointed out that it was a breach of wikipedia terms and conditions for people with a conflict of interest to repeatedly edit entries.  And they stopped.  And then they started again, the ip address had been removed and replaced by a user ID.

Well, guess what!  The ID was again obvious, because it was linked to the email address for her 'personal news management professional' that worked in her office.

So, I again restored the page.  And I again pointed out that She and her co-workers were knowing breakly the Wikipedia terms of service by intentionally lieing on her web page to remove damaging materials.  Other editors got involved restoring the information as well, and links to pdfs of the news articles were included.

Then she got elected to the council president.  And I said fuck it.  If the idiots want someone like that elected, then they really don't care if she randomly accuses spouses of hiring prostitutes.

Olsonist

New Oak City
I fucking hated red light cameras. They're mostly gone now although they're still up in Redding. One of the companies that ran them, Redflex, bribed local officials. Ex-GF got nicked for $1000 for rolling a light going onto a freeway onramp.

License plate tracking (which are different from red light cameras) started in West Germany when they were tracking the Baader-Meinhof Gang.

https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/west-german-law-enforcement-intelligence-analysis-and-reaction-to-the-red-army-faction

Given a raspberry-pi, it's trivial technology today.

https://towardsdatascience.com/i-built-a-diy-license-plate-reader-with-a-raspberry-pi-and-machine-learning-7e428d3c7401

Using license plate trackng to cut down on prostitution is stupid. Otherwise she seems reasonable. She did get chosen as President of the Board of Supes; so she can't be a complete asshole. True, I'm left of center; so I'm inclined to give her a pass. But it is a dumb idea even if it was only proposed.

Besides, my favorite taco truck is at International+22nd. I've literally waited in line behind hookers for, you know, like 15 minutes. I'd totally get caught frequenting the area.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
California Republicans don't/can't win statewide and don't win local outside of red counties. They're a superminority at 31-9 in the Senate and 80-19 in the House. It 42-11 in the Congressional delegation. Democrats occupy all of the statewide offices. Consequently, the recall is their weapon of choice. Yes, CA Republicans are nutty. That's why they lose elections. BTW, their one prayer for a statewide office, former mayor of SD Kevin Falconer, got crushed by a radio talk show host. He was at best only a prayer.
That's not my point.

They want to weaponize the recall process, fine. Ram it back down their throats and make them regret it, and make them NOT do it any more.

The big problem we have here is that Republicans all over the country are determined that they shall not suffer a Democrat to rule over them. That's how they see it. It's not government of the people, by the people, for the people... it's fucking things up unless Team R! gets to be on top.

They have to back down and agree to be citizens, to rejoin "we the people," or suffer the fucking consequences.

The danger here is that doing this kind of thing will put the same kind of rats & inhuman monsters in charge of the Democratic Party that have taken over the Republicans. Then we're really fucked.

- DSK

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
He pardoned two turkeys, so we know that he knows how to do it. Whatabout Trump? Don't care about Trump, he didn't make the campaign promise. Biden did. Whatabout some nameless underling? Don't care about nameless underlings. None of them made the campaign promise. Biden did. And I can only imagine how you and your elk will freak out if you ever visit the thread about red light cameras. WTF does that have to do with anything?

Fact is, he's a career drug warrior and old habits die hard. There's no pardon attorney working in the background. There's no motivation to do so because the boss is a career drug warrior. Same reason Merrick Garland won't undo what Trump did on drug war looting: it's the boss' legacy.

Maybe one day we'll have a President who isn't a career drug warrior. I remain hopeful, as I have for decades now, but also remain realistic and there's a good chance my fellow Americans will continue to elect drug warriors for the rest of my life.
I'm 100% sure this lady is going to work doing something, with Kamala looking over her shoulder on dope offenses. 

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/staff-profile/meet-acting-pardon-attorney 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I'm 100% sure this lady is going to work doing something, with Kamala looking over her shoulder on dope offenses. 

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/staff-profile/meet-acting-pardon-attorney 
I hope you're right. This part of the FAQ page wasn't encouraging to me.

What is the Biden Home Confinement Expedited Screening?

President Biden is exploring the use of his clemency power for individuals on home confinement under the CARES Act for non-violent drug offenses. 

He's quite the explorer, coming up on a year on that adventure now.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Sheesh, did you make his priority list for him?  He's working on it man.
He made the campaign promise. While I've been caught using my awesome mind control powers here to make other posters say stuff, I swear I haven't done this to the President.

I see no evidence he's working on fulfilling his promise. Evidence, fwiw, would look like this, from the relevant thread: